Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a total nightmare last night was....

Some water spilled, not much but enough to mess something up (like 1 cups worth) and lost power on that wall. The breaker wasn't flipped and something is screwed up... that string of outlets has always been bad. One never worked and now they all don't work and the breaker in the basement is making a buzzing noise. UGH!

I have renters insurance which allows me to have aquariums in my apt but I know they are going to come in and pointing fingers when they see a salt water tank with like 15 cords. I'm sure these people are used to goldfish tanks and don't know anything about reefing.

I was so annoyed I said #### it and went to bed and left the tanks without power. Was not really a big deal since the pump battery backup was going.

Not related but auto top off won't power up.. soo will have to send that in, thank god under warranty.

AND my sink is leaking.

This week has been a train wreck :blink::wacko:

Love the yellow coris wrasse. Its one of my favorite wrasses. As they mature they will develop beautiful light green lines along their face. It is also interesting to watch them bury into the sand bed. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that he makes it.

Love the yellow coris wrasse. Its one of my favorite wrasses. As they mature they will develop beautiful light green lines along their face. It is also interesting to watch them bury into the sand bed. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that he makes it.

Thanks :) He is doing really good so far. Not shy at all either.. likes to come check me out and tilt his head sideways to see what I'm up to.

I love Coris wrasses! Ever since I saw Ice having one, I planned on getting one for my future tank, but then I remembered I have a feather duster I'm fond of, so yeah... :unsure:

Sump the duster! lol You NEEEED one... I have a feeling this will be my new fav fish.

Snow_Phoenix

Sump the duster! lol You NEEEED one... I have a feeling this will be my new fav fish.

If I sump the duster, there'll be an all-out-war back at home. My parents are fond of that guy, and if he vanishes or is degraded to the sump in any way at any time... :wacko:

If I sump the duster, there'll be an all-out-war back at home. My parents are fond of that guy, and if he vanishes or is degraded to the sump in any way at any time... :wacko:

Lol.. I would go crazy if people tried to tell me how to run my tank *iron fist!*

Nitrate: 10-15? (hate reading light pink vs slightly darker light pink)

Mg: 1300

Ca: 410

Alk: 7.3 (daily drop, will dose back up to 8 tonight)

Bought some cloves and green birds nest. All corals doing great. I got a free very brown monti frag a few weeks back and it is back to its original lavender color.

pom pom xenia still won't grow but my "blue xenia" has grown a crap ton. SPS is also growing!

I'm running out of room for corals.

Oh and diatoms I was complaining about a few weeks back are pretty much gone.

Of course a week after I buy magicians online.. someone in my area says they are selling some /doh

He offered me a superman monti + 2 acro's for $30... but I'm running out of room?! I don't know where to put any acro's.. I also told him my nitrates are 10-15 and he said his tank is really dirty and they do great? WHAT? /confused :huh:

I think that looks much better without the middle rock. Tank looks great overall.

:wub: :wub: Thank you!

I didn't have it originally but added it to have more room for corals... but realized sacrificing aqua-scaping wasn't worth it.

My peacock mantis loves her new rock :P Was able to turn it on its side and fill out her tank.. giving her yet another cave for her to scape.

Of course a week after I buy magicians online.. someone in my area says they are selling some /doh

He offered me a superman monti + 2 acro's for $30... but I'm running out of room?! I don't know where to put any acro's.. I also told him my nitrates are 10-15 and he said his tank is really dirty and they do great? WHAT? /confused :huh:

send them my way.

send them my way.

May have to move my leathers, UGH! I wasn't planning on getting acro's because I like my water dirty! but its kinda tempting to try..

Well I am moving my corals around. Can't say no to trying some local frags.

I'm always constantly re-arranging frags... I think I spend as much on superglue as coral. It is like a constant battle to find that "sweet spot" for each coral. Especially in a mixed reef where I am dealing with both chemical and stinging warfare of many different types of corals.

Well I am moving my corals around. Can't say no to trying some local frags.

I'm always constantly re-arranging frags... I think I spend as much on superglue as coral. It is like a constant battle to find that "sweet spot" for each coral. Especially in a mixed reef where I am dealing with both chemical and stinging warfare of many different types of corals.

Moving corals and rearranging rock work is fun as it is frustrating. If you plumb another aquarium to your system then you can really have an awesome collection. Dedicated Mantis tank, dedicated mandarin tank, dedicated soft coral tank, dedicated LPS coral tank, dedicated SPS coral tank. I might just have to do this myself. Wish I had the time and money to do so.

Your system does look great and you really seem to be having fun with it. Like you said, if the SPS does not work, you can always try something else. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

Snow_Phoenix

Be careful when you move things around in the tank - I once accidently squashed one of my Turbo snails when I was moving a couple of huge LR pieces in my tank. :( In a separate incident, I got stung by a bristleworm. :(

Moving corals and rearranging rock work is fun as it is frustrating. If you plumb another aquarium to your system then you can really have an awesome collection. Dedicated Mantis tank, dedicated mandarin tank, dedicated soft coral tank, dedicated LPS coral tank, dedicated SPS coral tank. I might just have to do this myself. Wish I had the time and money to do so.

Your system does look great and you really seem to be having fun with it. Like you said, if the SPS does not work, you can always try something else. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

HA! :P My hubby would go crazy if I got another tank!

I moved my soft corals around and freed up the rock they were on. Moved the kenya to the hex but fragged a piece of it to stick back in the 40 somewhere. I also spread my birdsnest out a bit more with the extra room so they can grow into colony's.

My macro's are growing fast in the fuge and hex!

Be careful when you move things around in the tank - I once accidently squashed one of my Turbo snails when I was moving a couple of huge LR pieces in my tank. :( In a separate incident, I got stung by a bristleworm. :(

I accidentally squished one of my green banded's in the QT when I first got them. Was a sad day. For some reason I am immune to bristle worms though.. I picked them up several times and rub them through my fingers because I was curious what it would feel like. I'm a sicko!

Snow_Phoenix

I accidentally squished one of my green banded's in the QT when I first got them. Was a sad day. For some reason I am immune to bristle worms though.. I picked them up several times and rub them through my fingers because I was curious what it would feel like. I'm a sicko!

Sorry to hear about that Green-banded. Sucks to lose a fish like that. And you're a sicko! :P

I love this damsel... my midas bit up the damsel's fins one day (does that to the clowns sometimes too) and since then the damsel plays referee. Lets the midas do whatever he wants until the midas starts getting hyper and wants to start nipping. The damsel will swim up to him and make himself look big, turn sideways and slowly herds the midas back to his rock he perches on.

Doesn't bite or get aggressive with the midas.. its like the damsel is reminding the midas not to be a jerk to everyone. She basically sends the midas into this time-out corner to think about what he's done. Once he has calmed down, he's allowed to rejoin the group and hang out.

Archived