Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Hypoallergenic breed, yes! Going to look into this :) I like the look of Bengal cats as the look like mini leopards.

They are kind of... their breeding lines are a cross between a domestic cat and Asian leopard cat. The wild asian leopard cat is what makes the breed much less likely to cause allergies.

They come in a lot of color combos too! Spotted, marbled, silver, snow (has blue eyes), ect. Can find them in shelters as well sometimes (petfinder.com), that's where I got my boy.

Make sure to test it though before buying one. They are just less likely to cause allergies, no guarantee. I get itchy eyes and sneeze around normal cats but I can literally rub my face with my Bengals and be okay.

So cute :) ...but may I bet you paid a pretty penny for them.... Phew

Also most cats can be kept with people with mild allergies if you bathe and groom them properly.

So cute :) ...but may I bet you paid a pretty penny for them.... Phew

Also most cats can be kept with people with mild allergies if you bathe and groom them properly.

My mom got me Natawni as a graduation gift years ago and since Onyx came from an animal shelter, he just had a slightly higher adoption fee for being a pure-bred cat. I basically checked pet finder for a year for a young male marble bengal and finally came across one since I couldn't afford to buy one at the time. So I got off cheap! lol

My dog however was VERY expensive and I had to fly to Chicago to pick her up. I know that sounds crazy, but I used to show dogs in agility/obedience so I tried to find the best lines I could for it. Sadly, I don't have time to do it anymore with full time school and a job.

Angel<3Nanos

My inlaws had an onyx that I freaken adored. Then one day they gave it away without telling me. :( I mean it was their cat but I could've kept it if they had ask me. But no. Ugh

Is the Starcki aggresive?

Not really, gives the jawfish the "stink-eye" sometimes but that's about it. He is housed with mostly semi-aggressive fish though although the clowns are juvi's and he is like 3x their size so he could do a # on them if he wanted.

I plan on adding 2 fish after him.. that will be interesting.

My inlaws had an onyx that I freaken adored. Then one day they gave it away without telling me. :( I mean it was their cat but I could've kept it if they had ask me. But no. Ugh

I could never give away my cats/dogs, I would go move back in with my parents or live in the woods as a tree-person first. lol

Snow_Phoenix

Well, I received my first dog while she was a pup as a graduation present from middle school lolz. Then I bought another puppy as a personal therapy dog many years later. :)

Your cats look stunning, btw. I love Bengals! :wub:

Well, I received my first dog while she was a pup as a graduation present from middle school lolz. Then I bought another puppy as a personal therapy dog many years later. :)

Your cats look stunning, btw. I love Bengals! :wub:

Thank you!! Lets see pics of your doggies!

Snow_Phoenix

post-80713-0-42349400-1375980941_thumb.jpg post-80713-0-84271300-1375980953_thumb.jpg

This is my Silky Terrier Pup and my 2nd therapy dog, Duchess. She's turning 1 today and we're going to throw her a little doggie party later in the morning. :):wub:

post-80713-0-35894000-1375981011_thumb.jpg post-80713-0-12626000-1375981030_thumb.jpg

This is my first therapy dog, a Skye-terrier crossbreed named Snowball. I've had her since I was 11, and she's about to turn 13 this coming October. She's suffering from terminal mammary cancer, but she's still going strong. She was stolen by a crazy lady last year, but we got her back. I love her deeply. :):wub:

attachicon.gifDuchess 1.jpg attachicon.gifDuchess 2.jpg

This is my Silky Terrier Pup and my 2nd therapy dog, Duchess. She's turning 1 today and we're going to throw her a little doggie party later in the morning. :):wub:

attachicon.gifS31.jpg attachicon.gifSnowball 1.jpg

This is my first therapy dog, a Skye-terrier crossbreed named Snowball. I've had her since I was 11, and she's about to turn 13 this coming October. She's suffering from terminal mammary cancer, but she's still going strong. She was stolen by a crazy lady last year, but we got her back. I love her deeply. :):wub:

Omg.. those ears are so adorable!!! Cute dogs :)

uhhh my bangaii cardinal is a bit confused... she was swimming along side the damsel, close enough they were touching and then she started vibrating her tail at the damsel. :huh:THIS IS SPAWNING BEHAVIOR OF A FEMALE CARDINAL but she is trying to seduce my damselfish. :closedeyes::huh::blink::eek:

AFellowReefer

uhhh my bangaii cardinal is a bit confused... she was swimming along side the damsel, close enough they were touching and then she started vibrating her tail at the damsel. :huh:THIS IS SPAWNING BEHAVIOR OF A FEMALE CARDINAL but she is trying to seduce my damselfish. :closedeyes::huh::blink::eek:

I think she is going through an identity crisis! :lol:

Snow_Phoenix

Lol! :P

Tore apart the fuge. Removed all the sand and drained all the water and put new water in. Basically because I moved most of the macro over to the 29g hex since that will be my display fuge.

Plan is to have a small layer of sand, some rubble, rock, cheato, caulerpa, whatever coral hitchhikes and add my blue mantis as the sole resident. This will give him a lot more play room since it is a 20g fuge and will serve as a place for pods to grow.

How do you plan to pipe water between the two?

A pump and a pipe? lol The tanks are about 3 feet apart so I prob need to move water 6 feet from where the return chamber is. Scratching my head on which pump. My overflow is rated for 200gph. Sooo.. does that mean I need a pump with 6 ft of head and just under 200gph? Or since it isn't going straight up, do I not need that much head? /ugh

Angel<3Nanos
A pump and a pipe? lol The tanks are about 3 feet apart so I prob need to move water 6 feet from where the return chamber is. Scratching my head on which pump. My overflow is rated for 200gph. Sooo.. does that mean I need a pump with 6 ft of head and just under 200gph? Or since it isn't going straight up, do I not need that much head? /ugh

You should ask Zia about this. He has his tanks set up this way.

Archived