Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered a few fish.. nothing special.. just cheap hardy colorful fish. Promised the hubby no expensive fish since we might be moving across country next year, wouldn't want to lose a spendy fish in transit. They will be in QT until the tanks are ready for them.

Ordered a few fish.. nothing special.. just cheap hardy colorful fish. Promised the hubby no expensive fish since we might be moving across country next year, wouldn't want to lose a spendy fish in transit. They will be in QT until the tanks are ready for them.

What type of fish did you order? Moving across country? East or West Coast, or somewhere else? Try and pick somewhere abundant with LFS's and the ocean :)

What type of fish did you order? Moving across country? East or West Coast, or somewhere else? Try and pick somewhere abundant with LFS's and the ocean :)

Can't really decide based on that. Just depends where my husband chooses to go to med school. I'd pref west coast though.

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Royal Gramma

Sixline (for the mantis tank)

2 porcelain crabs (for mandy tank)

(and 2 freshwater snails for my planted tank)

I had been waiting for Live Aquaria to get them all in stock at once.

My dream is to have a sixline one day. they're so freaking cute/pretty.

They have that wrasse personality too! I'm really digging the semi-aggressive fish.

My dream is to have a sixline one day. they're so freaking cute/pretty.

Bad news, sixline arrived barley alive (floating upside down) and died during acclimation, stiff as a board. :tears: So bummed as they were on sale and buying one locally costs 2x as much.

Bad news, sixline arrived barley alive (floating upside down) and died during acclimation, stiff as a board. :tears: So bummed as they were on sale and buying one locally costs 2x as much.

aww, I'm sorry T_T where'd you get it from and will they replace it? :S

aww, I'm sorry T_T where'd you get it from and will they replace it? :S

Live Aquaria.. 1st fish to ever arrive DOA from them. Prob died from shipping stress... looked perfect otherwise. I'm sure at the very least they will refund me but not practical for me to ship a single fish. I may try to order one from petco and get it before they put it in their tank.

Live Aquaria.. 1st fish to ever arrive DOA from them. Prob died from shipping stress... looked perfect otherwise. I'm sure at the very least they will refund me but not practical for me to ship a single fish. I may try to order one from petco and get it before they put it in their tank.

I've had a death from LA during the guarantee period, they won't even ship you the replacement unless you meet the minimum order again (including replacement obviously). All I wanted was my replacement chromis, after some persuasion they sent my chromis though.

that'd be annoying. I just got a 25% off coupon towards one fresh or saltwater fish from Petco. I'm just worried about trying to have my mom take care of the fish during the time period I'll be in Minneapolis next month.

Well at least hopefully they refund you? I have never ordered from them so I don't know anything about it. hah.

that'd be annoying. I just got a 25% off coupon towards one fresh or saltwater fish from Petco. I'm just worried about trying to have my mom take care of the fish during the time period I'll be in Minneapolis next month.

Well at least hopefully they refund you? I have never ordered from them so I don't know anything about it. hah.

They'll give a refund or credit, whichever you prefer. 14 day guarantee.

They'll give a refund or credit, whichever you prefer. 14 day guarantee.

sweet, I'll keep that in mind. I won't be ordering from them any time soon, though. :P

Do you have any more pics, Tam? :)

Sorry to hear about the loss. I really like the 6 line wrasse as it stays relatively small, is an active swimmer, has great coloration, and controls unwanted pests in our aquariums. A must have fish for me. Here is a pic of my guy. I have to get a better camera to photograph my aquarium. Any suggestions?

post-80849-0-88149900-1376444607_thumb.jpg

I've had a death from LA during the guarantee period, they won't even ship you the replacement unless you meet the minimum order again (including replacement obviously). All I wanted was my replacement chromis, after some persuasion they sent my chromis though.

That's good to know. Did they pay for shipping? I don't mind even meeting the minimum order. I would really like a replacement.

sweet, I'll keep that in mind. I won't be ordering from them any time soon, though. :P

Do you have any more pics, Tam? :)

Yah, they refund no questions asked, fish are guaranteed for two weeks. They don't even ask for a pic of the dead fish.

I have some pics but wanted to take some more and do a photodump this weekend :)

Sorry to hear about the loss. I really like the 6 line wrasse as it stays relatively small, is an active swimmer, has great coloration, and controls unwanted pests in our aquariums. A must have fish for me. Here is a pic of my guy. I have to get a better camera to photograph my aquarium. Any suggestions?

Jealous!

DSLR and a macro lens if you want to spend a fortune lol

Nope, I paid shipping.

Dang.. that's shitty you lost it and had to ship another since a chromis is like $5 or something :o

Obviously they can't cover shipping whenever a fish dies and make a profit. Just I don't think i would have paid $35 to ship a $5 fish.

Dang.. that's shitty you lost it and had to ship another since a chromis is like $5 or something :o

Lol I know, that's all I wanted in the first place too, ordered inverts I didn't even want to make the minimum order. It's like a $100 chromis now, but it was worth it.

Lol I know, that's all I wanted in the first place too, ordered inverts I didn't even want to make the minimum order. It's like a $100 chromis now, but it was worth it.

Guessing no good LFS?

That chromis better never die :)

Well royal gramma didn't make it through the night. I will try and stay positive though! The two porcelain crabs I got are doing great, feeding and what not and the coris wrasse has been doing good since I added him to QT, active, eating, and picking at everything looking for "goodies".

I still only paid about $10 more than the LFS if these 3 critters survive which isn't perfect but not a disaster since the LFS offers no guarantee.

Archived