Pod Your Reef

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

Tam! How much sand do you have? How is the jawfish in it?

hmm I think around 2 inches when I added it. The jawfish piled it up to 3.5 inches in some spots and down to half a inch in others. He made his burrows under rocks since I don't have a super deep sand bed. He is not shy at ALL. All his burrows are in the front. Woo! :)

Ca: 380 (dosed back up to 400)

Alk:

Nitrate:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha

hmm I think around 2 inches when I added it. The jawfish piled it up to 3.5 inches in some spots and down to half a inch in others. He made his burrows under rocks since I don't have a super deep sand bed. He is not shy at ALL. All his burrows are in the front. Woo! :)

Ca: 380 (dosed back up to 400)

Alk:

Nitrate:

What no nitrate or alkalinity in your tank

• 3 weeks later...

I will try to get some updates and pics soon. Been really busy.

I ordered a royal gramma and a sixline off bluezoo since my last two died in shipping. These two made it through the night and are very active and eating very well. Looks like these guys will make it!

My yellow wrasse is doing well. She's in the big tank now.. cruises the whole tank. These guys love SPACE.

Was funny... kind of... my husband told me my new basslet and new wrasse looked better than my old ones. I used to have a flasher wrasse and gold assesor basslet. I paid $15 each for my gramma/sixline and 50 bucks for my flasher and 100 for the assesor. My husband was really confused why I would pay more for fish that don't look as good.

He sort of has a point though, there are a lot of cheap beautiful fish out there. I still drool at Chad's $6 $100 axil chromis :lol:

I heart sixlines! I keep trying to talk myself out of one in this tank because they 'can' be aggressive but my last one wasn't at all.

Flashers and Faeries! BLAH!! They look like regular wrasses that had sex with clowns. :P

More pics, thanks!! I need updates! :naughtydance:

I heart sixlines! I keep trying to talk myself out of one in this tank because they 'can' be aggressive but my last one wasn't at all.

Flashers and Faeries! BLAH!! They look like regular wrasses that had sex with clowns. :P

More pics, thanks!! I need updates! :naughtydance:

LOL, i do enjoy this sixline more than my flasher. When flasher's arn't flashing they are meh.

My husband asked me why I didn't put the sixline in my 40B (it is in the mantis 20g) because it's the "coolest looking fish"... yahhh sometimes they can be murderous.. he thinks I should "test it" but I gotta be honest... I'm not sure how I would ever remove a sixline. This guy knows how to disappear into rock-work.

I been so busy lately I just removed them both from QT after some prazi pro, inspected them good in the net and into the tanks they went. I just don't have time to keep up with a QT right now so hopefully this doesn't bite me in the ass.

And pics ya.. I know :/

LOL Yes, my six-line was a pain getting out of a smaller tank. I had to remove all the rock. DOH! Still...a six-line!!

yeahhh.. I think I will keep him in my mantis tank then. Tough t-i-t-t-i-e-s @ the husband.. lol <--- why does this forum auto correct t-i-t-t-i-e-s to boobies? LOL

What about getting a pink-streaked? They are similar.

LOL We like both!

I considered them for awhile and the major downside for me is cost. $40 or so compared to $8 or so. Still....mmaaayybeee....

Here we go :)

iEQERMIBU9w8K.jpg

i8eW74FoiVjrZ.jpg

iANAdm0u9QKT9.jpg

ijAxSNRubit4j.jpg

icBfmYu5FKPTQ.jpg

I traded two heaters I had laying around for this sour apple birdsnest. It was actually double this size but it broke in two so the other half is in my 29g Hex:

icczj7exL1px2.jpg

iGRzmMJqOZ0Zy.jpg

Holy crap! Looking awesome!

Love it!

Thanks guys! Everything is growing nicely, new heads on my acan and my birdsnests are growing :) woo! I even have 2 acro's in here but the pics came out blurry. Maybe next time :P

Nice looking rg! I love mine as well. Plan on just keeping that fish only one in the tank.

OH HEY I KNOW YOU!... I went to your page and recognized your SCOLY.. lol!!!

Gramma's (or "grandma fish" as my hubby calls it) look so sweet! They freaking GLOW under reef/blue lights.

Your Gramma out a lot? I've wanted one but keep hearing lots of hiding stories.

Added him like 4 days ago and he's is always out since day 2. I have owned basslets who were always out and very active and then when I sold it.. it hid and never came out. So idk... fish like it here.

llama roadkill

Added him like 4 days ago and he's is always out since day 2.

Good. I really want one. I know individual fish can be different, though. I want mine to be as active as yours!

Your Gramma out a lot? I've wanted one but keep hearing lots of hiding stories.

Mine started out as hiding. It slowly came out though out after a few days. It's always out now. lol

OH HEY I KNOW YOU!... I went to your page and recognized your SCOLY.. lol!!!

Gramma's (or "grandma fish" as my hubby calls it) look so sweet! They freaking GLOW under reef/blue lights.

:)

I plan to get 20k lights (close to actinics) so it'll pop under it :)

Mine started out as hiding. It slowly came out though out after a few days. It's always out now. lol

:)

I plan to get 20k lights (close to actinics) so it'll pop under it :)

Perfect fish for your scoly tank imo... you're going to give someone a seizure with that tank when it is done!

HAHA Thanks!! Welp, I just gave the firefish goby away tonight to a local reefer ha. Funny thing, I've only listed it for free just 4 hrs ago. And also I plan on selling the one coralined small rock ha!!

So the club I am in does a free drawing every month, and you have to show up on the forums at 7 and claim your prize within 5 min when your name is posted (randomly drawn) or it goes to the next person. Well the 1st two winners were a no show, then my name got drawn but I have such a short attention span I forgot about it even though I logged on for it. Haha... DOH!

I missed out on a Two Little Fishies KW Reactor 300. /facepalm

Next month's drawing is for a pair of black ice clowns (if I won, no idea where I would put them though):

IMAG2169_zpsdd59edb0.jpg

Archived