Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

I'm going to be following this.. Still trying to figure what size tank to do.

Beautiful so far! What made you choose those leds over radion or razor?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a few small things on bluezoo to use up a store credit, but most likely will not be ordering from them again unless they get a rare fish. I had a fish die shortly after acclimation (he looked half-dead in the bag) and they credited my account quickly, however, the credit can not be used for shipping. So you end up having to spend another $40 on shipping a second time. Nothing against bluezoo, it is just more affordable for me to use Live Aquaria since they credit my card back and the guarantee is better.

I ordered 3 sexy shrimp, a duncan coral and a feather duster cluster. Pic of the cluster I bought (I just love purple):

featherduster_zpse07a1192.jpg

I'm going to be following this.. Still trying to figure what size tank to do.

Beautiful so far! What made you choose those leds over radion or razor?

Awesome!

Don't really care for the way radion's look. Here is a comparison side by side: http://www.3reef.com/forums/reef-breeders/radion-pro-vs-reefbreeders-32-a-143552.html

I chose the reef breeders because they work well and are very affordable and the LED's can be switched out/replaced without voiding the warranty.

A DIY would beat out both a radion/razor and I will be doing a DIY over a larger reef when I buy a house next year (just don't have room for a large reef in my apt). My husband told me "I can do whatever the hell I want with fish" once we buy a house. He will eat those words :naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

I bought a few small things on bluezoo to use up a store credit, but most likely will not be ordering from them again unless they get a rare fish. I had a fish die shortly after acclimation (he looked half-dead in the bag) and they credited my account quickly, however, the credit can not be used for shipping. So you end up having to spend another $40 on shipping a second time. Nothing against bluezoo, it is just more affordable for me to use Live Aquaria since they credit my card back and the guarantee is better.

I ordered 3 sexy shrimp, a duncan coral and a feather duster cluster. Pic of the cluster I bought (I just love purple):

featherduster_zpse07a1192.jpg

Awesome!

Don't really care for the way radion's look. Here is a comparison side by side: http://www.3reef.com/forums/reef-breeders/radion-pro-vs-reefbreeders-32-a-143552.html

I chose the reef breeders because they work well and are very affordable and the LED's can be switched out/replaced without voiding the warranty.

A DIY would beat out both a radion/razor and I will be doing a DIY over a larger reef when I buy a house next year (just don't have room for a large reef in my apt). My husband told me "I can do whatever the hell I want with fish" once we buy a house. He will eat those words :naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

I told the wife that when we build a house in the next five years we are building a tank into an area. She said, "Thats fine with me!" and... Like your husband... I dont think she knows how us fish people are! :-D

Nice feathers!

I told the wife that when we build a house in the next five years we are building a tank into an area. She said, "Thats fine with me!" and... Like your husband... I dont think she knows how us fish people are! :-D

Nice feathers!

Thanks!

Do you have a tank thread yet?

I saw a 125g for 100 bucks on craigslist and almost bought it to store until we buy a place but then decided it wasn't big enough :D

More corals soon! I pick them up Thursday, sorry for the crappy phone pics:

3 heads from this bi-color hammer (mother colony):

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Tamberav/media/20130616_120457_zpsbedd7c40.jpg.html'>20130616_120457_zpsbedd7c40.jpg

and a chalice frag:

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Tamberav/media/20130616_150844_zps84802750.jpg.html'>20130616_150844_zps84802750.jpg

mother colony:

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Tamberav/media/20130616_112635_zps8ff9aecb.jpg.html'>20130616_112635_zps8ff9aecb.jpg

Lights come tomorrow, Ive been running sunlight/desk-lamp to light the tank for my fish in the day and I think the crappy bulb + new rock (silicates!) + new tank gave me a diatom bloom, so that sucks but it is only on the new rock so I'm sure it will clear up in time.

Dear Lord. Maybe in the next months we can do some frag swapping.. :-D To my benefit of course.... Since yours are gorgeous compared to mine.

Beautiful plate coral!

It looks crazy under the new lights, it glows! Going to get some better pics and a new FTS in the next couple days. Been working on finding spots for all my corals now that my lights are finally here!

The lights are just sitting on a board right now, planning on hanging them this weekend. Right now it is too close to the water and giving a spotlight effect and dimmed down so corals can adjust.

FTS:
jS414MfHlVTNg.jpg

Black Ice Clowns:
jbwmTB2UcHrvTE.jpg

Blue Midas Blenny:jS99QX5EJlXyx.jpg

Pearly Jawfish:
jbqmFyaNzChAQv.jpg

jAEnaRSSGbPhK.jpg

jq0GlCNKHMHfg.jpg

jVQZxLzb70DzJ.jpg

jbneMbW1M8ARim.jpg

BeardedReeferLLC

Pictures look awesome. Your fish are looking healthy and happy. :) Nice work so far.

jbneMbW1M8ARim.jpg

quite the little sausage you have there. +1

Woot Woot!!! Your tanks looking gorgeous! Do you mind if I pester you with pm's about your build and setup and why you chose certain equipments?

Woot Woot!!! Your tanks looking gorgeous! Do you mind if I pester you with pm's about your build and setup and why you chose certain equipments?

Feel free to bug me! I'm no expert though :o and that's actually Xenia although now that you say that it kinda looks like a flowerpot since its short and dense.

Just discovered an aiptasia hitchhiker on a frag. Blasted the shit out of it with some boiling water. :rant:

Doh! You're right. Didnt notice. Nice blastos!

Thanks!

Good luck! Hot water only made mine spread. :(

Oh god, I hope not. It shriveled up into almost nothing so I guess we'll see.

I'm really struggling on whether to do LPS + SPS or LPS + Softies. I was originally planning on SPS so I have all the equipment for SPS (GFO/Biopellets/Vortech, ect) but now I am leaning towards softies. At least the equipment is still useful either way as I like to overfeed.

The reason is I keep coming back to these two featured nano-reef tanks:

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/_/2012/razarmi-r58

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/_/2012/mastermind9-r63

I love how "full" looking they are compared to the branchy SPS. I was going to do softies in my 12g but space is limited and could do so much more with them in a 40B. Ugh.

Nice two tanks to follow along with! You're starting to see why people get bigger and bigger tanks now.. hah.

NEEDS MOAR SPACESES!

Archived