Top Shelf Aquatics

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

It'd be nice if you could add an anemone first (not wait the 6 months) and let it settle in...then work around it. I suppose even then no guarantees. Especially when it splits and the babies start wandering around. Still...one of those sparkly cuties would be worth the hassle ;)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

It'd be nice if you could add an anemone first (not wait the 6 months) and let it settle in...then work around it. I suppose even then no guarantees. Especially when it splits and the babies start wandering around. Still...one of those sparkly cuties would be worth the hassle ;)

The issue with that is that if you place a coral that restricts the flow to the anemone or the anemone decides that an SPS is too close it'll move..again and leave you with a space that has no corals or anemone lol

Personally all my stuff is moved around the anemones because I like them more than my corals lol they are definitely worth the hassle in my world :happy:

The issue with that is that if you place a coral that restricts the flow to the anemone or the anemone decides that an SPS is too close it'll move..again and leave you with a space that has no corals or anemone lol

Personally all my stuff is moved around the anemones because I like them more than my corals lol they are definitely worth the hassle in my world :happy:

Very true. I didn't even think about that. I guess you just have to accept the fact that nothing is permanent in your tank, when you have an anemone :)
Paandemonium

Very true. I didn't even think about that. I guess you just have to accept the fact that nothing is permanent in your tank, when you have an anemone :)

Thats my favorite part :happy: for the most part they behave though I suggest you get one if you're interested in them in the future just make sure to cover powerheads!

Thats my favorite part :happy: for the most part they behave though I suggest you get one if you're interested in them in the future just make sure to cover powerheads!

I won't get one unless I upgrade my tank. Who knows when that might be :) I've heard the powerhead horror stories :scarry:

Paandemonium

I won't get one unless I upgrade my tank. Who knows when that might be :) I've heard the powerhead horror stories :scarry:

The sooner the better! ;)

Powerhead and an anemone don't work out all that great lol thankfully I don't have any rocks near a powerhead or well close enough for it to make the jump

jedimasterben

You don't need to wait six months, you just need to keep the tank somewhat stable. If you don't want to worry about if it moves around, just do what I'm doing, have two tanks hooked together, let the anemone roam (if it wants toooo), then move your corals where you want. :P

Paandemonium

Good point Ben! I been wanting a lemon drop nem but im afraid of it stingin my corals specialy in a two gallon spec.

I found a guy that says he has Lemon Drops for $180 I guess I'll see what he's got ^-^

Quit being all :ninja: and let me see how those new corals are lookin!

Lmao! Everything is still getting used to my system and I think it'll take a couple of weeks to color up but this is where we are at so far

IMG_0788_zps80c30498.jpg

Apparently when Goldy says he has a "colony" he means a COLONY lol this isnt even half of it, had to frag it just to keep track of where all the polyps are. Most of these are going to go on the left of the tank once i figure out how I want them. I'm probably going to trade some too because of how many I have lol

IMG_0790_zps000fc705.jpg

IMG_0789_zps376ff36d.jpg

and this one is also looking like it'll need some time to settle but otherwise is fine

IMG_0786_zps137713e9.jpg

Here are some random pics of my shrimp

IMG_0792_zps52684b38.jpg

The mushroom rock is filling up

IMG_0805_zpsae83d67a.jpg

Found one of these(or well several) today on my favorite colony <_< I'll probably take off a chunk and give the rest to my LFS to deal with

IMG_0791_zps1b0e9fca.jpg

Also here is the D-bag anemone that has decided to be behind all my rocks so I dont get to show it off. Mind you this thing is HUGE 6-7 inches but it is at such and awkward angle that the camera cant pick it up <_< I guess its just camera shy. The baby anemone is taking food now and will soon be HUGE :happy:

IMG_0810_zpsa8a8e728.jpg

IMG_0809_zps13f14756.jpg

IMG_0808_zpsa9c39f9e.jpg

IMG_0810_zpsa8a8e728.jpg

Tengo el alma enamorada

Nomas de pensar corazon

De soñarme noche a noche

Dueño de tu amor

Tengo el alma enamorada

Muy enamorada mi bien

Si me das toda tu vida

Yo te la doy tambien

Please keep in mind that the Pink n Golds and the Leopard Greens grow FAST. Don't put them anywhere that will make them hard to trim!

Paandemonium

Please keep in mind that the Pink n Golds and the Leopard Greens grow FAST. Don't put them anywhere that will make them hard to trim!

I think ill make them a little island then lmao Goldy's island :)
Paandemonium

I get my own private island in Miami? :wub:

Yesssss (: it will be beautiful! :)

She dolesnt even let me make her lights yet and you get an island. WTF

When I'm not broke ill give you an actual budget to make miracles with :)

Archived