inTank Media Baskets

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

Scolys are eazy to find acanthophilias are easy aswell they are mostly found on the bestcoast. Checkout Ruckis the happy coral he has some of the best homegrown acanthophilias that is ;)

Ill make sure to look there! But if I do buy some it'll be after the anemones are purchased so 2-3 months down the line unless I find something cute

Paandemonium

Picture timeeeeee

Lets start it off with some funnies

464F91FB-0AE8-4549-B377-E27547B76AB6-138

The anemones just as I turn on the ligths(Scarlett now has two large homes lol she is definitely stepping up in the world)

F3AC73DD-AAE2-441D-814B-84ACDE7AB487-138

Bad attempt at making a social media reference

8fdf8c87-6b90-4562-9569-78f5e1e8873a_zps

Another pic....for good measure. Usually the anemones darken up later on in the day

7E427A60-DB97-4B11-9657-6A3AEDDD6723-138

Photobomb

774F8799-01BA-4AF5-9570-0D0A4EE0F47A-138

jedimasterben

That is strange that they darken up after the lights are on, that isn't normal. The only explanation I'd have is if they are shrinking up a bit.

Paandemonium

That is strange that they darken up after the lights are on, that isn't normal. The only explanation I'd have is if they are shrinking up a bit.

They do shrink up a bit, at night they usually stretch a lot more. I think its cause I feed them at night? Its mostly the red one.

FishBrawler

Actually I find it quite usual. When I look at my tank before I go to school in the morning, alot of things are paler. My Halimeda is white basically and my fish are actually much paler too. Its weird and I don't know the explanation, but I find that alot in my tanks.

jedimasterben
Actually I find it quite usual. When I look at my tank before I go to school in the morning, alot of things are paler. My Halimeda is white basically and my fish are actually much paler too. Its weird and I don't know the explanation, but I find that alot in my tanks.

Fish and halimeda that is normal, anemones it is not. But since she says that it is just shrunken, it makes sense.

Paandemonium

Seen a green BTA with bright orange fire tips at my LFs...damn it Clayaleona now you got me wanting one!

Muahahaha my plan of anemones ruling the world will soon come true :D

Ill have pics of the green "snowball" nem soon and of the flame tip which as far as I can tell is not a flame tip but it does have a lot of yellow in it. Not only that but the colors swirl together making it a pretty cool nem none the less

FishBrawler

Fish and halimeda that is normal, anemones it is not. But since she says that it is just shrunken, it makes sense.

Haven't ever kept bubble tips or anything so I wouldn't know. Thanks for enlightening me! :)

Paandemonium

Haven't ever kept bubble tips or anything so I wouldn't know. Thanks for enlightening me! :)

As it turns out that specific anemone split today so maybe it was Doug that for the passed couple of days because it was going to split?

Paandemonium

More pictures!

Random FTS's

IMG_0827_zpse4a3ab84.jpg

IMG_0828_zps44525a16.jpg

This anemone decided that at the bottom of the tank under a ledge would be a better place than on top....ahh anemones are so moody lol

IMG_0826_zpsc0db72e6.jpg

This is going to be my next sig, just sayin'

IMG_0837_zpsad3bef6c.jpg

This birdsnest has grown sooooo much this one is from 1/3/13

IMG_0174_zps178ba177.jpg

Today(4/23/13)

IMG_0835_zps8d5eb414.jpg

Also my anemone has severe self esteem issues. It hates itself SO much that it's tearing itself apart lol(this is my fault I wanted to see if a large water change would make them split and apparently it does lol)

12 pm

IMG_0818_zps7783feac.jpg

Now (6:26)

IMG_0825_zps2aee065d.jpg

Also, how I hope my branching SPS will grow

The green circle is a tentacle of the new anemone poking out....consider it a teaser lol

The orange square is where I'll be putting my last branching SPS. I really want it to be a garf bonsai(the blue one with green) but I have to look for small frag.

8de10c7b-cac1-478f-a3f7-bf0befff0bfa_zps

Paandemonium

How are the sunset Monti's doing?

The sunset finally grew onto a rock(cause I stopped moving it lol) and its about half an inch larger, the rainbow monti is where the growth is at, it filled in the plug it's on and waged warfare on another sps(reason I moved it to the other side of the tank)

Deleted User 4

So they're easy fast growers? I'm planning getting some then for the next tank. They require lots of flow?

A picture of your rainbow would be nice.

Paandemonium

So they're easy fast growers? I'm planning getting some then for the next tank. They require lots of flow? A picture of your rainbow would be nice.

Theyre super easy and fast as far as SPS is concerned. I keep mine in high flow but it does fine pretty much anywhere, high light makes it red-errrrr.

The sunset

IMG_0842_zpsa10c3ccb.jpg

The rainbow all closed up cause the lights were off, it only has a tiny bit of green on it though -.- but it has grown a lotttttt

IMG_0839_zps78acf10c.jpg

Paandemonium

I see. I'm going to try it out then. The sunset Monti's... :)

Its my fav monti there is, the contrast is beautiful

Deleted User 4

Yeah, that and the superman Monti's. My plan is to buy two frags of those two and have them encrusted completely over a rock island. I haven't seen anyone with that tank theme yet.

Paandemonium

Yeah, that and the superman Monti's. My plan is to buy two frags of those two and have them encrusted completely over a rock island. I haven't seen anyone with that tank theme yet.

Are you sure they won't attack eachother? Mine didn't do too well side by side

Deleted User 4

Are you sure they won't attack eachother? Mine didn't do too well side by side

What? They attack each other? No way...they're the same family though...lol. I'm not sure..

Archived