ReefCleaners.org

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

Honestly, I'm not out for blood I just warned them that their water quality sucked. It annoyed me that that guy was acting like he was too busy to listen to my concern( he was on his phone talking to someone, a girl I presume by his tone etc.) and for that reason I'm going to speak with his boss tomorrow. Not to get him in trouble or to be d-bag but so he learns customer service should be practised even when your customer is in sweats, looks semi-homeless and isn't wearing make-up. I'm sure that had I come into the store in my dress suit and heels he would have cared a bit of what I had to say. That being said, I'd rather deal with the store than ruin their reputation because of some new guy sucking at his job.

If I had lost $200 worth of fish because of their bad water quality I would be lol. Oh well, just talk to the boss, hopefully he'll be more receptive to their water issues. I've never asked, but I'd hope my LFS tests their water quality thoroughly before selling it as clean saltwater.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I discovered the reason for all the deaths in my tank guys. I blindly assumed that my LFS had good quality water( I usually test them for nitrates and nada) which is why I thought doing daily water changes would control the ammonia produced in the tank for the next couple of days. However when I noticed my ammonia was high I just did more water changes( and was freaked out cause the ammonia rose) today I decided to test out the LFS water and the ammonia in it was through the roof! I think an RODI unit is going to be high up on my list

Sorry to hear about all the mess you had to deal with because of a LFS water!

I had something like this happen but not to your scale.

I picked up some RO Salt H2O from a LFs that I've purchased corals and fish from but never their water. Well my tank read 1.023 on last monday, I did a 20% water change on Friday and my shit went to 1.028!

I must of got the bottom of the barrel on that RO salt!!

Not to get him in trouble or to be d-bag but so he learns customer service should be practised even when your customer is in sweats, looks semi-homeless and isn't wearing make-up.

This made me laugh. I wear holey jeans, boots, stained tee shirts, and usually an ancient hoody too for work. By the end of the day I'm usually dirty and stinky too. I've been turned away at car dealerships where I wanted to test drive, been ignored at upscale salons and stores, and get stared at quite often and openly. Today I went to lunch with my coworker and every head in Subway turned and watched us walk through the line. I could practically hear them thinking, "Poor homeless couple". And all I can do is laugh because we make pretty awesome money and don't even have to spend it on office/work clothes. LOL

jedimasterben

This made me laugh. I wear holey jeans, boots, stained tee shirts, and usually an ancient hoody too for work. By the end of the day I'm usually dirty and stinky too. I've been turned away at car dealerships where I wanted to test drive, been ignored at upscale salons and stores, and get stared at quite often and openly. Today I went to lunch with my coworker and every head in Subway turned and watched us walk through the line. I could practically hear them thinking, "Poor homeless couple". And all I can do is laugh because we make pretty awesome money and don't even have to spend it on office/work clothes. LOL

I thought you were a teacher? I may be confusing you with someone else though :lol:

I thought you were a teacher? I may be confusing you with someone else though :lol:

You must be! I'm a third party inspector. Mostly power plants, pipelines, and fab/welding shops. Dirty work!

Sorry to hear about the fish but that means you can always start fresh.

I usually bring a bucket with me to the beach just in case there are plankton swimming in the surf. Then I pour them through a net and voila instant live food / pod booster.

Paandemonium

I feel your pain lol currently I'm working personal security and outside of work I only wear hoodies and sweats because I don't care lol people on the other hand assume I'm broke as hell. So what I do when I go to a place that thinks I'm broke is that I let them treat me like crap and then pull out my black MasterCard :) ( technically its my company card from when I worked for my father but they don't know that) and let me tell you the service bumps up several notches lol.

Yeah, I went to buy a Toyota SUV after work and they wouldn't even run my credit. I went across the street and bought my Jeep Wrangler Sahara hardtop and drove back over to the Toyota dealership and asked who wanted to kiss my azz first. ;)

jedimasterben

You must be! I'm a third party inspector. Mostly power plants, pipelines, and fab/welding shops. Dirty work!

I may or may not be crazy then. :lol:

I may or may not be crazy then. :lol:
Ben the teacher is the lady with the Gorgs and dandros . I forgot her name but if you look for Lylaspec you will find her on her post. Her avatar is a yellow Dandro
Paandemonium

Tank should be here at six pics will be up at 6:30ish lol. Wish me luck on the plumbing!

FishDooD65
Update: everything is dead -.- well not everything but the nems for sure

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. Look at the brightside you will get to start fresh.

1reefluvr2

!

chingaaaoooo! Te amo hope you are ok :)

I'm so sorry. Your tanks are always so beautiful! :(

Psychosis
Ben the teacher is the lady with the Gorgs and dandros . I forgot her name but if you look for Lylaspec you will find her on her post. Her avatar is a yellow Dandro

1reef knows all the ladies...on n-r.

What do you mean everything is dead? How do you go from plumbing to dead? It's too late for April fools so.

Spirofucci

WTF???? What happened?????

Archived