Cultivated Reef

ClayaLaLeona's 40 Breeder

Paandemonium

Paandemonium

1reef knows all the ladies...on n-r.What do you mean everything is dead? How do you go from plumbing to dead? It's too late for April fools so.

Plumbing went fine but in the process one of the anemones took a down turn and everything went down hill while I was out at Home Depot etc looking for stuff. My clownfish is dead as are all the other fish except the chromis. All anemones are gone(gonna have to buy new ones -.-) some SPS bleached a bit and some zoas aren't lookin too hot. Even some of the aiptasia died...

On a brighter note everything is plumbed well-ish, running completely silent. I will be buying LEDs first thing next paycheck and ill be restarting my livestock within the next month. (Clowns from clownfish depot, nems from local vendors, neptunes cove, la reefs and other hobbiests)

Buddy! I bought a flame tip so it's not that big of a loss.

Total loss I would estimate at around $450-$500 so it's def much better than I expected.

The tank will be reaquascaped to its original awesomeness today, filtration will be completed by weeks end and the lights in two weeks-ish. This tank will come back with a vengeance, the livestock will be freaking fabulous and that's a promise :)

Also, I bought a compound bow for no real reason at all and now I understand why my friends think I spend money extravagantly lol ill post pics of everything when I get out of work today

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flypenfly

How the heck did you lose so much livestock?? Maybe figure out what happened before you buy anything living.

Paandemonium

A death of an anemone fouls water very quickly so imagine 6,I know what happened, they were in a twenty gallon tank cramped and annoyed. Filtration is being upgraded: sump, GFO reactor, protein skimmer, possibly a DIY algae scrubber(though I'm very skeptical of them) and maybe some macros like chaeto and mangroves in the fuge section. I plan to leave the chromis in there alone for a while as my next fish, "Dalmatian" clowns will be at least $280 and I need to purchase lights before that.

A death of an anemone fouls water very quickly so imagine 6,I know what happened, they were in a twenty gallon tank cramped and annoyed. Filtration is being upgraded: sump, GFO reactor, protein skimmer, possibly a DIY algae scrubber(though I'm very skeptical of them) and maybe some macros like chaeto and mangroves in the fuge section. I plan to leave the chromis in there alone for a while as my next fish, "Dalmatian" clowns will be at least $280 and I need to purchase lights before that.

that's the # one thing from keeping me from owning a Sea Apple (cucumber)

1reefluvr2
that's the # one thing from keeping me from owning a Sea Apple (cucumber)
sea apple cucumber??? I used two have two never once when they died did I have a tank crash . Lots of sps and lots of tangs with no ill effects
Deleted User 4

Sorry to hear... How did the one anemone die?

20g is more work IMO.... You should try something smaller. Like an inno Nuvo 16 in white!!

Just kidding. :)

Paandemonium

Sorry to hear... How did the one anemone die?20g is more work IMO.... You should try something smaller. Like an inno Nuvo 16 in white!! Just kidding. :)

Nah I have the fourty gallon set up now ill post pics when I'm done Aquascaping

Deleted User 4

Nah I have the fourty gallon set up now ill post pics when I'm done Aquascaping

Lol. Better have the sump/skimmer ready! :)

Paandemonium

Lol. Better have the sump/skimmer ready! :)

Sump skimmer and reactor are up and running :)

FishDooD65

Greys anatomy is about to start after that ill post pics lol

LMFAO good excuse! Oh my god, Vampire Diaries is back on the air, i gotta go!!! lol

Paandemonium

LMFAO good excuse! Oh my god, Vampire Diaries is back on the air, i gotta go!!! lol

LISTEN! Grey's is a priority lol I even told my boss I can't work Thursday nights until the season ends lol Vampire diaries is not my type of show I'm more of a true blood type of girl :)

FishDooD65

LISTEN! Grey's is a priority lol I even told my boss I can't work Thursday nights until the season ends lol Vampire diaries is not my type of show I'm more of a true blood type of girl :)

LOL i was joking i'm watching greys now as well. My girl is a vampire diaries freak lol. but i understand everyone has their favorite shows.

Paandemonium

So, I should have posted this last night but I fell asleep watching Scandal(not that its boring but yesterday I had a longggggggg day)

I think it's fairly close to how it was before, I will be making some changes because I have some angles off but I'd say its 80% done

F5964884-BD2A-4A29-BC1A-085A419BA8C6-231

Items in within the next couple of weeks(for filtration):

New Skimmer

Chaeto

Algae scrubber?

another reactor(to be used for purigen or carbon)

This is gonna be a high flow(and soon to be high light) tank....perfect for anemones zoas and some SPS dont you think? ;)

Paandemonium

It will come back with a vengeance :) already have stuff on hold as far as livestock goes

Paandemonium

Order for a Spartan clown and another Panda clown have been made, they'll be here next month so if anyone is willing to wait a month and lives in Miami and wants designer clowns you should do a group order with me and we'll split the shipping. Clownfish depot= amazing clowns

Awesome! Show me your....Pics lol

F5964884-BD2A-4A29-BC1A-085A419BA8C6-231

I

<----Throws Mardi Gras beads!

woo hoo!!

It will come back with a vengeance :) already have stuff on hold as far as livestock goes

Looking forward to it :)

Archived