ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

heres mine soon after I got em

14623744035_739d47d51a_c.jpgDSC_0171 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

Hey guys. Any idea why my tang and foxface wont touch nori?

My tang wont go after it when Im watching, but it disappears after I leave. Have you left it in there for a while?

heres mine soon after I got em

14623744035_739d47d51a_c.jpgDSC_0171 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

My tang wont go after it when Im watching, but it disappears after I leave. Have you left it in there for a while?

How long ago was that?

Same here. But I often watch my tank from a doorway where the fish cant see me - and I still don't see them going for it. When I leave it overnight it vanishes but I think it just rips off and gets eaten by the cuc.

NorthGaHillbilly

you gatta feed that tank homeboy, Im doing prob 15 pellets, and a cube of mysis daily, and oyster slop every 3rd or 4th day. Anything develop on the bigger skimmer?

you gatta feed that tank homeboy, Im doing prob 15 pellets, and a cube of mysis daily, and oyster slop every 3rd or 4th day. Anything develop on the bigger skimmer?

Do you broadcast feed or spot feed everything? Same feeding technique as last year? If so, I remember how you feed.

Edit: As for skimmer, I'm waiting for payday.

Edit Edit: Im not even sure when I get paid...

Edit Edit Edit:

This one's for you, Greg

NorthGaHillbilly

There ya go! I spot feed, but a decent ammount ends up just floating around. I always shoot a good bit at the duncans and the nem. One thing Id suggest, if your running socks, pull them within 24 hours of feeding so stuff dosent sit there and rot. I dont use em for that reason, just take the reactor off line for an hour or two after feeding so it doest get clogged with food.

Looks like your algae problem is a thing of the past, thats a big positive.

Wow you're algae free. How is the Kole?

Yes. No more algae, although considering what I've just done - it'll be back in no time! haha.

There ya go! I spot feed, but a decent ammount ends up just floating around. I always shoot a good bit at the duncans and the nem. One thing Id suggest, if your running socks, pull them within 24 hours of feeding so stuff dosent sit there and rot. I dont use em for that reason, just take the reactor off line for an hour or two after feeding so it doest get clogged with food.

Looks like your algae problem is a thing of the past, thats a big positive.

Yeah I remember you telling me your feeding routine. I only run socks after I feed heavily for a day or two. Depending on when I have time to clean it out. I have no reactors.

Yes it is. Thanks. Now I just need my coral to grow.

NorthGaHillbilly

Yes. No more algae, although considering what I've just done - it'll be back in no time! haha.

Yeah I remember you telling me your feeding routine. I only run socks after I feed heavily for a day or two. Depending on when I have time to clean it out. I have no reactors.

Yes it is. Thanks. Now I just need my coral to grow.

you might get some algae at first, but with decent feedings your little critters, pods, micro brittles, stomatas, will grow in numbers and help break it down. Then the big skimmer can come in and suck it all up.

Now all this is coming from my tank, YMMV

Tang worm free now?

you might get some algae at first, but with decent feedings your little critters, pods, micro brittles, stomatas, will grow in numbers and help break it down. Then the big skimmer can come in and suck it all up.

Now all this is coming from my tank, YMMV

Tang worm free now?

Hopefully I'll have the same results as you.

As far as I can tell, yeah. I'll do a second treatment next week.

None of my herbivores get nori, just NLS pellets.

Damn you Ben. Haha. Everyone says something and then you come out and say something completely different.

And im just here like "Yes, Master Ben".

NorthGaHillbilly

Damn you Ben. Haha. Everyone says something and then you come out and say something completely different.

And im just here like "Yes, Master Ben".

I don't think they need nori, if there eating pellets, but I felt I needed to give em the option as he was skittish to come out during feeding time. He's pickin at pellets now, and Destroying mysis, but I'll keep the nori going for now

I don't think they need nori, if there eating pellets, but I felt I needed to give em the option as he was skittish to come out during feeding time. He's pickin at pellets now, and Destroying mysis, but I'll keep the nori going for now

I literally have to spot feed him. I put the food in a turkey baster and slowly squirt some into his cove. It's disheartening.

I literally have to spot feed him. I put the food in a turkey baster and slowly squirt some into his cove. It's disheartening.

AT, he's had a rough time with the worms. Maybe keep the light a little low as someone had suggested or less full-on lights more ramp time to give him some comfort. Or you could try to pet him.

How's the Kole....any more worms oozing out of him?

- mine won't touch nori either....pellets and mysis.

Pet the Kole is looking great man. Nice and fat. Healing really well. Swimming with the other fish when I'm not around. You can still see where the worms came out but they're going away. Really great fish. Probably my favorite looking one in the tank. Thanks for asking.

Pet the Kole is looking great man. Nice and fat. Healing really well. Swimming with the other fish when I'm not around. You can still see where the worms came out but they're going away. Really great fish. Probably my favorite looking one in the tank. Thanks for asking.

Yep....Mines one of my favorites. He hid alot when I first got him....but cruises the tank all day now. Beautiful fish when they color up.

Yep....Mines one of my favorites. He hid alot when I first got him....but cruises the tank all day now. Beautiful fish when they color up.

He'll stay around if I'm moving slow. But if I go to put my hand above the tank to feed, he gets really scared. A little frustrating. How long did it take yours to start eating with the other fish?

He'll stay around if I'm moving slow. But if I go to put my hand above the tank to feed, he gets really scared. A little frustrating. How long did it take yours to start eating with the other fish?

......it's been awhile. Not as long as my possum......and he spent 3 months in a 10 gallon qt with the other fish, so they became close friends. I'd say originally...2 - 3 weeks. Now he's the biggest pig.

Archived