inTank Media Baskets

ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here, I just took this crappy camera propped up on books video feeding algae flakes. Watch how many he consumes. :D

I tried the flakes. They just hid while the damsel and clown devoured it haha.

Lol, figures. I guess they need a day or so.

Here, I just took this crappy camera propped up on books video feeding algae flakes. Watch how many he consumes. :D

Lol, figures. I guess they need a day or so.

Wow you really do feed a lot haha. How old are those clowns? They're pretty big.

My kole tang never used to eat flake or pellet food. Only ate off the rocks.

Wow you really do feed a lot haha. How old are those clowns? They're pretty big.

My kole tang never used to eat flake or pellet food. Only ate off the rocks.

The female is about 2.5 years old, I bought her as a locally tank raised baby and she was my first fish. The male was bought at a nearby LFS, maybe a year old now. The Kole is an odd one, he goes through spells where he does not eat flake.

I feed extremely heavily, but really I think I feed exactly what the fish need to stay healthy.

Yes, I'm excited to try out the LRS herbivore frenzy food. I've heard good things about it. May give it a shot tomorrow before the wc.

If all the algae isn't gone I wouldn't worry much about feeding them, if they want to eat they have a ton of natural food they can eat anytime lol

If all the algae isn't gone I wouldn't worry much about feeding them, if they want to eat they have a ton of natural food they can eat anytime lol

I would actually starve them a few days so they eat that GHA. I made the mistake of over feeding my tang all the time. Bastard won't touch any algae.

I would actually starve them a few days so they eat that GHA. I made the mistake of over feeding my tang all the time. Bastard won't touch any algae.

Yeah, my yellow wouldn't touch algae unless I didn't feed for a couple days. They get hungry they will eat it ;)

Haha I suppose that isn't the worst idea. I'll feed regularly and see how it goes.

I'm being super lazy right now but have you tested phosphates if so what were they and and what did u use to test them?

I'm being super lazy right now but have you tested phosphates if so what were they and and what did u use to test them?

Yes. I used API and it tested 0. And as a precaution I added some phosphate removing sponge in the sump.

Yes. I used API and it tested 0. And as a precaution I added some phosphate removing sponge in the sump

Yeah I wouldn't trust that kit at all, never been a big fan of the API kits tho personally. FWIW, I like my hanna phosporous tester, seems pretty legit and shows smaller amounts rather then claiming a straight 0.

Good call on adding something to try to lower the phosphates... I know you mentioned GFO too, like lawn said go slow with it and ignore BRS recommendations!

Yeah I wouldn't trust that kit at all, never been a big fan of the API kits tho personally. FWIW, I like my hanna phosporous tester, seems pretty legit and shows smaller amounts rather then claiming a straight 0.

I like them as well I just dont have the budge for one atm.

:lol: that was too funny

MOAR FISH PICS!

MOAR CAT PICS!

MOAR!

Haha. Give me some time to make the tank pretty again.

I took the skimmer offline. It was just bubbling over. I got sick of it.

jedimasterben

The issue is consistency with that particular colorimeter. IMHO the only one for saltwater that is consistent is the alkalinity checker.

When I saw your pic of the depressing weather today, I though, "Arab tanker must live near Pittsburgh, PA" I guess NJ isn't that far away!

When I saw your pic of the depressing weather today, I though, "Arab tanker must live near Pittsburgh, PA" I guess NJ isn't that far away!

Only a 5 hour drive with no traffic, haha.

Looks like a driveway full of money to me. Sherif is rich people!!!

Haha. Shut up Lawn. We have what we have and we're thankful for all of it.

Did a water change a few hours ago. Going to test alk again.

Only a 5 hour drive with no traffic, haha.

Haha. Shut up Lawn. We have what we have and we're thankful for all of it.

Did a water change a few hours ago. Going to test alk again.

i bet that shed is full of money to :)

i bet that shed is full of money to :)

You would like the shed. Its got a ride on lawnmower, leaf blower, and a snow blower haha.

You would like the shed. Its got a ride on lawnmower, leaf blower, and a snow blower haha.

Ya but do you have tools in there? Work bench? Wet saw? Cold Chisel, (let's see trying to drum up all the things I can think of)

Oya! Dremel?

Archived