ReefCleaners.org

ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

Lol. I did what Ben suggested with the peroxide and everything in the tank is really upset. Is that normal?

Yes.

Wut?

I think you also have turf algae. Turbo snails, urchins and sea hare would have demolished GHA. Turf algae isn't so tasty. That's why I wanted to see a sample.

I hope shes been drinkin..... heavily lol

:slap: it's not a frag I'm wanting for my tank. :slap:

Your cats are very cute. That second rock you put in the bucket, was it covered with zoanthids or (horror) was that bubble algae?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

I think you also have turf algae. Turbo snails, urchins and sea hare would have demolished GHA. Turf algae isn't so tasty. That's why I wanted to see a sample.

:slap: it's not a frag I'm wanting for my tank. :slap:

Your cats are very cute. That second rock you put in the bucket, was it covered with zoanthids or (horror) was that bubble algae?

Ohh. Okay. Sure, I'll bring some. I just looked up the two and I cant really tell what the difference is. Thank you.

And yeah its bubble algae.

Yep, everything will be pissed off for a few hours (well, not everything, but things).

Okay, I got a little worried. Opinion on my alk levels?

jedimasterben

oh shit, must have missed that post. No, not unless there was a precipitation event, but you would have seen something like that.

oh shit, must have missed that post. No, not unless there was a precipitation event, but you would have seen something like that.

So wtf is going on, Ben. :tears:

I can't remember, do you have a second kit to check if yours is just throwing out wild numbers?

What kit are you using? I think I asked this before, but anyway get another kit.

I have a Red Sea kit. And no I dont have a second one. Can I bring it to a LFS and ask them to check? I'm going to Kats lfs tomorrow.

....bananas?

Plantains

Kats birthday was saaawwhheeeat. Picked up some livestock. :ninja:

Drip acclimating them now.

20150117_180231.jpg

Aslo got some LRS food, iodion, reef solutions, and vitamarine-c.

Nothing like a new cat from the pet store on a fish pick up trip.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/20150117_195334.jpg.html'>20150117_195334.jpg

This is the only picture I can get of them for now. If I move off the couch they both hide. Foxface bottom left and tang bottom right. They look great. Tang has 2 or 3 blotchy spots but nothing major.

They're really big compared to anything I've kept before. Glad I got them. Plus I got 25% off their already fair price!

Mixing some water tonight for a wc tomorrow. Kat suggested I do one because of all the algae die off.

One spot needs lots of food, so this will test your ability to feed heavily. :D I can't believe how much food mine eats.

Yes, I'm excited to try out the LRS herbivore frenzy food. I've heard good things about it. May give it a shot tomorrow before the wc.

Yes, I'm excited to try out the LRS herbivore frenzy food. I've heard good things about it. May give it a shot tomorrow before the wc.

Why not feed it now?

Why not feed it now?

It defrosted in the car and I don't want to make a mess. Also I don't think the tang and foxface are comfortable enough to eat yet.

Try algae flakes, or put them on a list to buy. Mine took to flakes immediately, and of course the Foxface with its poisonous spines wants to feed out of my hand. :)

Try algae flakes, or put them on a list to buy. Mine took to flakes immediately, and of course the Foxface with its poisonous spines wants to feed out of my hand. :)

I have flakes, I'll try some in a bit. I also have some seaweed. Haha thats funny. I hope mine has a nice personality.

Archived