ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArabTanker

Craigslist boo :)?

Haha. I'm always trolling craigslist.

So who knows how to swap tanks successfully? I might run it without a sump for a day because I have to move one of my chambers for the new pump. Will that be alright?

Haha. I'm always trolling craigslist.
So who knows how to swap tanks successfully? I might run it without a sump for a day because I have to move one of my chambers for the new pump. Will that be alright?
yes you can run it without the sump. Just make sure you break the water surface and have flow.
ArabTanker

yes you can run it without the sump. Just make sure you break the water surface and have flow.

Break surface and have flow? You mean put my mp10 close the the surface without the shield on? Lol.

I'm trying to get some 0tds water so I can start the tank off on the right foot. I may buy it from a buddy or buy and wait for replacement filters.

I'm pretty pumped for the new tank. What's the rule of thumb for sand nowadays? I totally forgot the basics. And I spent hours and hours researching a year ago. Oh well.

My last tank move I forget when I started but it wasn't too late and I wound up working on it straight until 3:30 or 4 in the morning. A nice new set up always feels great when you're done though.

My last tank move I forget when I started but it wasn't too late and I wound up working on it straight until 3:30 or 4 in the morning. A nice new set up always feels great when you're done though.

Yeah I really underestimated it. I need to buy some more sand. I can't remember if you're supposed to clean sand before you add it. But I didnt. And it's unbelievably cloudy. Still.

I still need to sort out the plumbing to and from the sump. Agh. I also want to add some more water but they aren't up to temp. My mixing pump and heater both shocked the shit out of me yesterday. Pissed me off.

Changing tanks is really hard. Its a lot of work and I hate myself.

Lol I know the feeling man. Last time I switched tanks, the whole time I was going "WHY THE F AM I DOING THIS?" That's why I've been procrastinating so hard going back to the 40b.

Yeah man. I dont think this will ever get done. I REALY dont want to rebuild this sump. Well. Building it isnt the bad part, its cleaning it and having to wait for it to dry over night that I just dont want to deal with.

A small update. The new 50g is up and running now. Hooked up to my sump and all. Its incredibly loud. I will have to take care of that soon.

I also purchased a Black and White clownfish. Really cool little guy. My older clown and sapphire damsel have already taken to him. They are getting along great. All three of them swim around together in the tank. Its really nice being able to see your fish swim around in open water. They seem more active.

Ill post pictures of the tank once I set up my new light fixture. Its a 4 bulb 3ft combo. 2x t5ho and 2x 150w metal halides. Hopefully I get some results with this light.

A small update. The new 50g is up and running now. Hooked up to my sump and all. Its incredibly loud. I will have to take care of that soon.

I also purchased a Black and White clownfish. Really cool little guy. My older clown and sapphire damsel have already taken to him. They are getting along great. All three of them swim around together in the tank. Its really nice being able to see your fish swim around in open water. They seem more active.

Ill post pictures of the tank once I set up my new light fixture. Its a 4 bulb 3ft combo. 2x t5ho and 2x 150w metal halides. Hopefully I get some results with this light.

did the light show up yet?

I would use metal conduit, you can bend it and get some clamps to attach to your stand, to make some hanging arms, and it can be spray painted.

Nanofreak79

Eyelets for the light, screwed in and either wire or the small black chain form HD. They also have some white j hooks that hand screw into the ceiling, there rated for 50#. Ways I've done hanging for random light fixtures that had nothing.

I would use metal conduit, you can bend it and get some clamps to attach to your stand, to make some hanging arms, and it can be spray painted.

Eyelets for the light, screwed in and either wire or the small black chain form HD. They also have some white j hooks that hand screw into the ceiling, there rated for 50#. Ways I've done hanging for random light fixtures that had nothing.

I like the conduit idea but I want to be able to lower and raise the light with a rope and pulley maybe? Anyone ever see that done before?

Trying to get used to using my camera again before I start a new thread for the 50g.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Blue Sapphire Damsel. He looks way better in real life.

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Black and White clown in the background. Hard to capture. Its because he's black.

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Recovering Toxic Hammer from a year ago. Cant believe its still fighting. Not sure how I killed something so tough.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Some polyps Zia gave me a while back.

DSC_0016.jpg

I think this is an Australian Blasto. Can anyone verify? I didn't know they multiply like this.

DSC_0017.jpg

Have you tried taking pics outdoors? Probably plenty of things to photograph at your favorite park :).

Yeah. At one point during high school I was shooting events with a photographer. My camera used to be an extension of my body. I stopped shooting a while ago and now I just feel out of place when I'm using it.

• 2 weeks later...
ArabTanker

I got a chance to update the first post on this thread to the specs of the new tank. Woo.

Heres a video to start off this tank documentation:

Notice the hammer not looking too happy. I couldn't keep them in the 12g either. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe too much light. I keep my lights on for about 10-12hrs a day. A few hours are just t5 ho then I flip on the halides. Will that make them shrink?

20140706_221516.jpg

Bonus picture of my kitten sleeping in my hair.

IMG_20140706_144626.jpg

The fellas in Lawn's thread came to the conclusion that my hammers aren't doing too well because of my long light cycle and potentially alk swings. I cut the lighting down to 10 hours of t5s and 4 hours of MH.

I also wanted to share how the light looks now that its hung.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140708_234511.jpg.html'>20140708_234511.jpg

Where do people place these blastos? Just keep them in the sand?

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140713_143641.jpg.html'>20140713_143641.jpg

Jackal_Knight

Blasto would be better mounted but keep it low in the tank.

New setup looks good, how u liking the MH lights? I'm making switch my self

You just mount them on rocks? It would look likes its sticking out of it haha.

Yeah I saw the thread you were buying it in. Fish need it, right? Thats who made my t5s on the old tank. You'll love it. My lights may be a little to powerful for some lps as im finding out. How you been?

Archived