Coral Vue Hydros

ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

I need to get rid of my pistol shrimp pair. Any ideas? Where can I sell them? How do I get them out?
put a cup in the sandbed with food. Be watching and pull it as soon as the shrimp goes in. It usually works for crabs but shrimp can swim sort of.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
I need to get rid of my pistol shrimp pair. Any ideas? Where can I sell them? How do I get them out?

Um yeah, good luck! I have trouble finding em when switching tanks. You'll most likely have to tear apart the rock work, and sell or give for credit to LFS.

• 2 months later...
ArabTanker

What's up guys.

Bad news and idk what to do. The tank is leaking. I called mr.aqua and they said they can't do anything. What should I do.

Ps. I missed you all.

ArabTanker

I'm looking for a nice used 65 or 50g atm. But everyone wants like 4k American for a used tank. Wat?

ArabTanker

Buy it and take it home, silly.

Thanks for the tip.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140605_205946.jpg.html'>20140605_205946.jpg

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140605_211541.jpg.html'>20140605_211541.jpg

Obviously I got the cat litter for my fish and the tank for my cat.

drill that sucka

Same drain diamater as my old tank? Ermygod.

Yes yes, drill sump, and if you build a new stand remember to stain it :)

You dont like my old stand? It fits.

Jackal_Knight

Thanks for the tip.

20140605_205946.jpg

20140605_211541.jpg

Obviously I got the cat litter for my fish and the tank for my cat.

Same drain diamater as my old tank? Ermygod.

You dont like my old stand? It fits.

I didn't know your old stand fit. Lucky u I need to build a new one if I upgrade.

ArabTanker

I didn't know your old stand fit. Lucky u I need to build a new one if I upgrade.

I always anticipated a big upgrade. Just didnt know when to do it.

So wait.

A Mr Aqua awesome tank is LEAKING? Good grief.

Good luck with your 40B, hope to see you around here more.

ArabTanker

So wait.

A Mr Aqua awesome tank is LEAKING? Good grief.

Good luck with your 40B, hope to see you around here more.

Yep. I've lost a lot of respect for Mr. Aqua as a company. I called them to see if there was anything they could do for me. The guy on the phone chuckled and said "well, you can send us a picture of it" and I asked "why are you laughing?". He said "Ohh because my boss told me to tell you to send a picture of it to us". What? #### me, right? Guess business is a joke now.

Thanks buddy. :)

Anyone know if my overflow style and plumbing will be okay with a bigger tank?

Yep. I've lost a lot of respect for Mr. Aqua as a company. I called them to see if there was anything they could do for me. The guy on the phone chuckled and said "well, you can send us a picture of it" and I asked "why are you laughing?". He said "Ohh because my boss told me to tell you to send a picture of it to us". What? #### me, right? Guess business is a joke now.

Thanks buddy. :)

Anyone know if my overflow style and plumbing will be okay with a bigger tank?

I chatted with someone else about using this style for a larger tank and while It could work I would probably upgrade everything. Larger drain, larger pump. Maybe 2 1.5" drains and 2 3/4" returns. Use an Eheim 1262 or similar flow pump. It probably wouldn't look quite as nice as the rim gets in the way of the drain. You want to drill the hole and have the bulkhead as close to the rim as possible and with the trim the water level is going to be pretty low. And I think the 40 breeders might even have thinner glass than the Mr Aquas.

ArabTanker

I chatted with someone else about using this style for a larger tank and while It could work I would probably upgrade everything. Larger drain, larger pump. Maybe 2 1.5" drains and 2 3/4" returns. Use an Eheim 1262 or similar flow pump. It probably wouldn't look quite as nice as the rim gets in the way of the drain. You want to drill the hole and have the bulkhead as close to the rim as possible and with the trim the water level is going to be pretty low. And I think the 40 breeders might even have thinner glass than the Mr Aquas.

Thats a good point. I didnt think about the water line. Thanks for bringing that up. I also like the idea of 2 drains and 2 returns. But with an overflow box I may just have 1 drain and two returns. I think that should create some nice flow along with the mp10.

Thanks Scorched.

Is it leaking along the seals of the glass or from the bulkheads?

I actually took a second look today while trying to plan the plumbing for the 40b. It looks like I was wrong. The drain bulkhead was lose and leaking a bit. I checked the bulkhead next to where I saw the water. I didn't expect the water to travel from the far side of the tank.

Meh. I still dislike Mr. Aqua. Even if they build quality tanks their customer service sucked... A lot.

So now the question is... Do I return the 40b? Or take this chance to upgrade?

ArabTanker

Hah. The 40g breeder cracked in a freak accident. So I'm back on the hunt for another tank. I found a reef ready 50g with a 700gph overflow. Two 1/2 returns drilled in already. Should I go for it? I can get it for about $60.

ArabTanker

Y not keep the 12 long since the tank is fine?

Im getting bored of it. If I dont upgrade soon I'll prob neglect the tank. A new tank will drive me to do better.

Woop woop. Got the new tank. Its a 50g.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140607_224632.jpg.html'>20140607_224632.jpg

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140607_224556.jpg.html'>20140607_224556.jpg

And a nice return pump.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/coipo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140607_224614.jpg.html'>20140607_224614.jpg

Got it all for 100 bucks. That deal couldn't have been any better.

Archived