Pod Your Reef

••JR'S Do!Aqua 60-F | The shallows |•• - Started with Millis

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R7t4M9i.jpg

this things is the tits

Yea...im waiting for mine to show up. I had originally ordered it then MD was outta stock then my LFS ordered it for me but some kid sold it off the hold stock shelf....now im just waiting on it from MD again...tell me how you like it

Im still quite confused by the fact im running this skimmer on 106gallons (80g display)....and your gonna run this on how many.. lol maybe I undersized....

Im still quite confused by the fact im running this skimmer on 106gallons (80g display)....and your gonna run this on how many.. lol maybe I undersized....

i dont think youre undersized. im gonna be stocked pretty heavy and i dont believe in overskimming anyways. plus there have been people that have used skimmers that are rated for the same size tanks and have had awesome luck

i dont think youre undersized. im gonna be stocked pretty heavy and i dont believe in overskimming anyways. plus there have been people that have used skimmers that are rated for the same size tanks and have had awesome luck

Lol I gotcha...either way im looking forward to this skimmer. Ohhh im sure your readt to fire it up as well. You are obviously choosing awesome equipment. I see we both have jagers and curve 5s...do you use danner magdrives too? Lol

Lol I gotcha...either way im looking forward to this skimmer. Ohhh im sure your readt to fire it up as well. You are obviously choosing awesome equipment. I see we both have jagers and curve 5s...do you use danner magdrives too? Lol

hahaha nope on that one. i have a sicce for the return. ive never seen a pump this quiet before lol. i plugged it in and thought it was broke but looked in and saw the impeller spinning. never though one could be that quiet

Nice new skimmer. And good call on the sicce. I originally looked into those but didn't see many people using so I passed. Glad to hear it works and is quiet.

Now...get this thing finished. I'm in limbo on mine so I need something to tie me over...Let's go!

hahaha nope on that one. i have a sicce for the return. ive never seen a pump this quiet before lol. i plugged it in and thought it was broke but looked in and saw the impeller spinning. never though one could be that quiet

My mags are quiet....but my check valves are loud. Especially the one on the Mag7. Mag9.5 is nice and quiet

Nice new skimmer. And good call on the sicce. I originally looked into those but didn't see many people using so I passed. Glad to hear it works and is quiet.

Now...get this thing finished. I'm in limbo on mine so I need something to tie me over...Let's go!

thanks man. :D if i decided to snag that stand from target it gonna take off quick

My mags are quiet....but my check valves are loud. Especially the one on the Mag7. Mag9.5 is nice and quiet

i put a check valve on the sicce but i havent put water thought since the valve on there so i hope it isnt loud.

put the skimmer in a bucket with some old water and holy shit this thing is quiet. :haha:

did some shopping at the local target

saw this

Xks68j1.png

almost bought it on the spot. gonna look at it again but i think we have a winner.

Wait a sec...I'm confused...I thought you were keeping fish not cooking them and serving them on plates?

Wait a sec...I'm confused...I thought you were keeping fish not cooking them and serving them on plates?

Haha well I don't think there will be much to eat with the size fish that will be in there.

polarblair2000

I love these tanks. I was perusing the ADA site a while ago just to fantasise about if I was to do a nano tank again what I would go for and I loved the look of the 60-F, slightly jealous but also happy I can watch someone else do it. Would love one of these at my computer desk.

Looking forward to seeing this progress. :)

Dunno how your curve is doing. ...but this is what mine did the first 10 hours 20130326_043409_HDR_zpsed3af47f.jpg

tanks not wet yet but i have high hopes for it. you like yours?

I love these tanks. I was perusing the ADA site a while ago just to fantasise about if I was to do a nano tank again what I would go for and I loved the look of the 60-F, slightly jealous but also happy I can watch someone else do it. Would love one of these at my computer desk.

Looking forward to seeing this progress. :)

thank you sir. glad i can bring some happiness that way for you.

I got my Curve 5 today. Will be a few weeks before it's operational but *whistle*. It looks good for sure

haha it is pretty sexxy isnt it. love that you can take it apart so easy for cleaning and such.

My Curve 5 should be here in a day or so omgomgomg - got tired of waiting for the Sea Side Aquatics ES5 (same skimmer, but with a Sicce pump)... :angry:

My Curve 5 should be here in a day or so omgomgomg - got tired of waiting for the Sea Side Aquatics ES5 (same skimmer, but with a Sicce pump)... :angry:

why the wait? i wonder how much of the difference the pump is going to make

Get this thing moving already :)...I can't hold onto this SPS for you forever ya know! :P

J/K...I do have some for you though once you are all established.

Get this thing moving already :)...I can't hold onto this SPS for you forever ya know! :P

J/K...I do have some for you though once you are all established.

:D thanks man i ant wait to get it going.

got a stand few days ago. built it this morning and decided to run the pluming.

gonna grab some wood for the back of the stand and some 1/2 in. conduit for the light tree.

pics in the morning.

Well I originally was gonna get the bubbleagus then locally found a e55 but couldnt get it at the time but I had them water test it. I dont think it would be to much different. My curve 5 is quite and it was like I threw it in the sump and it was broken in. No terrible micro bubble problem. Bit nice skimmate the firt 10 hours. All of today it skimmed 1/4 what it did yesterday but it was nearly black. Im happy lol

Archived