Pod Your Reef

••JR'S Do!Aqua 60-F | The shallows |•• - Started with Millis

JR!

How much flow was going through the return section? I've only had this problem when I'm not pumping enough water to get the Venturi going properly

I was using an Eheim 1250 at first and it wouldn't start the siphon after a long outage. It would work fine if it was a short power disruption because I had a check valve that would keep the siphon. Then I tried a 1260 and still wouldn't work, mainly because my tank was too small so it would overflow before the siphon could restart. Plus the 1260 was way too much flow for my little 60p.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i cant wait. soon as it gets here im gonna build the stand.

8498774027_32538101dc_o.jpg

the 10 cent bic that holds up the $250 overflow <_<

I was using a piece of clear acrylic pipe I had laying around. It blended in well but the bic seems to doing a good job.

none really yet. the sump and the mp10 should be here next week. then the work on the stand can start.

need to decide what color the stand needs to be. kinda wanna do the ada grey

For sure, a clean ADA style grey stand would be sweet. I wanted to do that but the GF made a last minute decision that a dark stain would look better, and I'm sure ya know how that goes. I also thought about doing a cement facade and add some character with some drippy tags/stencil work; but I didn't have the time to deal with it during the build. After seeing Schrieba's canopy on his new build I really wish I had found the time though, hopefully I'll get a chance when schools out to go back and do it.

I say if you got a few days to fool around with it you should get a little creative and break the mold a little. That is as long as its not going into some room decked out with minimalistic decor, then the clean ADA style stand is your best choice :P

haha yea i know how that is. words to live by, happy wife happy life. :P

but i think after a long hard look this is gonna be he final sump.

8512717436_a75aba6746_o.png

. 24" x 9" x15" Refugium (approx)
. 15 Gallon Capacity (approx)
. 3 baffles - 4 chambers
. Input chamber: 8" wide - for skimmer.
. Refugium Chamber -10" with a 10" high wall.
which includes a 1.5" Bubble trap.
. Return Chamber - 6" - Fits most internal pumps.
. Flow recommendation - 200-300 gph through filter
.Light requirement- Over the refugium chamber- standard reef lighting-at least 18 watts of full spectrum lighting.

all the little specs from ebay. the people that build them are 15 minute away from me lol

You gotta give me a in dept review of that shield, I'm interested in getting one but wanna hear some first hand experience first.

You gotta give me a in dept review of that shield, I'm interested in getting one but wanna hear some first hand experience first.

ill do that man. just from the looks of it though i think its gonna work great.

Nikon?... Eeww

notice its for sale :P

Whens this thing getting wet?!?!?

^ what they said.

well as soon as the stand get done. well started for that matter. i have to get my lazy friend moving on it.

on another note. might have this on the way tonight. :D

large-bmg-skimmer-curve-5.jpg

Archived