SaltCritters.com

••JR'S Do!Aqua 60-F | The shallows |•• - Started with Millis

JR!

Why were they ever taken out ?

yea lol. they have been my favorite band for well.... i cant remember how long. i feel bad cus i never made it to a live show. cant wait till they tour around here again

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea lol. they have been my favorite band for well.... i cant remember how long. i feel bad cus i never made it to a live show. cant wait till they tour around here again

They came to University at Buffalo when I was a freshman there back in '04. I remember.. most... of the show :) It was really amazing, and FREE! They fell out of rotation because I have music ADD, I have been spinning Alexisonfire mostly lately.

Back on topic... I vote nanobox LED's. I have been envious of your little fixture since I saw it. I still kinda wish I went that route instead of the AI Nano. If I don't have success with this light, I will be hitting up Dave for sure. So sexy... his lights of course.

I think Dave should hook me up with a great price on a nano box. After all, I was the photographer for his avatar.

Come on mannnnn

• Like 1

What kind of light schedule do you have with this? I know you run a controller, does that allow ramping like schedules?

no ramping without daves controller in afraid but that will be soon.

ive always done noon to 8pm on all my tanks

I think Dave should hook me up with a great price on a nano box. After all, I was the photographer for his avatar.

Come on mannnnn

haha yea he used to run in our old circles.

...won't any quality led's be as much initially?

well halides and t5s are known to have much better growth in most cases but quality leds do work very very well.

I hear ya on the price tag, honestly I was going to buy a cheaper (probably used) 4x24 and gut the middle 2 bulbs for a DIY LED setup initially. But that reefgeek sale was to good to miss. If you feel handy enough to drill and mount some heatsinks into a fixture I'd reccomend that, so you get epic color and growth.

my wife wants to buy me this

YTmIcZR.png

Those are sweet! You gotta be one lucky man if she's buying you light fixtures :lol:

BTW have you seen THIS? Sunlight supply's got a lot of sweet subsidiaries like AI

Lolol I like the f-117 more. This one is too modern, hype I mean.

Haha to each his own I guess. I just figured it would help with the visualization since I think the actual b-2 looks more like a razor

Welcome to the future my friend. (sorry we are all out of t-shirts) :D

I tried the future for years and thought the energy bill was a little nicer, I cant say I was all to impressed with LED's. I had a fairly diverse array consisting of Cree CW, WW, RB and some other brand TV's a Red and RB's with a little more true blue in them; but I could never achieve a spectrum that I felt was "right". Then there's the color banding which really bugged me too, I had come up with a few ways to attempt to correct the problem with diffusers and optics but the solutions would have been so bulky I would need a canopy to hide that monstrosity.

I don't know, I do respect the LED and all it can do. Hell I even plan on adding on LED's to my T5 fixture to give the tank a little shimmer and extra PAR. I just I don't think I can be happy with LED's on there own unless the narrow band spectrum's and color banding issues can be corrected easily. Until then I'm rooting for a hybrid of good old T5's with LED's to fill in gaps.

• Like 1

I tried the future for years and thought the energy bill was a little nicer, I cant say I was all to impressed with LED's. I had a fairly diverse array consisting of Cree CW, WW, RB and some other brand TV's a Red and RB's with a little more true blue in them; but I could never achieve a spectrum that I felt was "right". Then there's the color banding which really bugged me too, I had come up with a few ways to attempt to correct the problem with diffusers and optics but the solutions would have been so bulky I would need a canopy to hide that monstrosity.

I don't know, I do respect the LED and all it can do. Hell I even plan on adding on LED's to my T5 fixture to give the tank a little shimmer and extra PAR. I just I don't think I can be happy with LED's on there own unless the narrow band spectrum's and color banding issues can be corrected easily. Until then I'm rooting for a hybrid of good old T5's with LED's to fill in gaps.

I won't argue with you too much on that; most of my favorite tanks either are or matured under t5's. I am VERY interested to see how my razor does with the sps I plan on putting under it.

So think you picked the right path not drilling this, I just drilled my 60P and it was one of the more significant emotional events of my life... I'm pretty much stalking yours and Brad908's builds for direction on mine. :).

scratch that. nanobox duo will be on the way friday.

what sand you guys think i should go with? i just ask cus im gonna have the mp10 cranked since im gonna have the pico shield

Fiji pink will only give you to about 20% sheild or no. But honestly theres no real reason you should need more than that in that tank anyways.

I like my Fiji pink. Though I was surprised by the amount of large chunks the nass snails stirred to the surface over the first few weeks. Nothing a little siphoning can't fix.

• Like 1

Im using fiji pink, oolite is the only other sand I would consider for a reef. Oolite is smaller than the fiji though so I went with the pink

• Like 1

I like my Fiji pink. Though I was surprised by the amount of large chunks the nass snails stirred to the surface over the first few weeks. Nothing a little siphoning can't fix.

Im using fiji pink, oolite is the only other sand I would consider for a reef. Oolite is smaller than the fiji though so I went with the pink

thanks guys. im gonna make a big order with marine depot tonight

Archived