Pod Your Reef

••JR'S Do!Aqua 60-F | The shallows |•• - Started with Millis

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the build quality of the magus is second to none imo. its dead silent and zero micro bubbles right out of the box. as for skimming i dont know yet but other people have said it does an amazing job. ill see what happens.

why the wait? i wonder how much of the difference the pump is going to make

Good question, but it looks like the latest "run" was not very high in number, and after waiting for a little over a month, I was just informed by a retailer that they were at least another month out, so I am going with the next best thing... :)

As for the pump difference - I have heard that the Sicce is dead silent, but the Rock pump is pretty close. I have a pair of the SCA-301's running on the 40B and 29g, and they make a slight hum, which can't really be heard with the doors of the stand closed, so the Curve will probably be just fine for my use... :happy:

Hey jr just a heads up. The suggested water height is to high. I raised minec a half inch each day the past couple days with the adjuster in the middle on 2. Finally pulling super dark skimmate at 8inches water height on 2.5 on the adjuster. That's 1.5 below minimum suggested water height. Just figured I'd tell you so you could plan ahead

Hey jr just a heads up. The suggested water height is to high. I raised minec a half inch each day the past couple days with the adjuster in the middle on 2. Finally pulling super dark skimmate at 8inches water height on 2.5 on the adjuster. That's 1.5 below minimum suggested water height. Just figured I'd tell you so you could plan ahead

I watched some videos and saw that everyone was lifting them up at least an inch. I'm gonna get one if these

6scjj9d.jpeg

I would but im building a new sump .....with a 8 inch water height. Im temporarily using a emptt red sea magnesium powdee containee as a stand lol

Dude you could build one for 12 bucks....

8604155271_a021ef2153_b.jpg

stand is done and so is the sump. just have to get it all tided up and install the rkl then time for water

o and hang the nano-box

Can I ask what you plan on using for an overflow, and why you chose it

If I remember correctly its a mame ........ reason = cuz its cool.

Is it wet? Hope you and your family had a good Easter man, my son had a blast. I got some Easter goodies for the tank as well. Can't wait to see this thing wet

I had a NAC3+ for like 2 years and it worked wonders. It pulled the nastiest shit out of my tank 24/7, was considerably quite, and the original pump was still working perfectly before I sold it, and I'm sure it's still running strong for its new owner. Extremely solid construction as well, definitely top-notch quality materials.

As for raising the skimmer, it definitely makes a difference in the skimming capabilities. The NAC3+ didn't start producing the nasty brown stuff until I raised it about 4.5 inches off the sump floor. Anything much lower then that and the skimmer would intermittently overflow, and anything higher then that, it obviously wouldn't pull water up. Probably because those specific skimmer pumps don't have much head height to them. I'm pretty sure each skimmer has its own sweet spot so it's just a matter of playing around with the skimmer height to find that spot.

Aaanyways, everything is looking awesome Jr! You've got some serious top-of-the-line equipment goin on!

If I remember correctly its a mame ........ reason = cuz its cool.

haha i guess you could say that. i really wanted something that didnt distract for the tank, scape and coral

Hey man, what are you gonna do for top off?

still kinda up in the air on it. i think the jbj ato might go on this build.

Is it wet? Hope you and your family had a good Easter man, my son had a blast. I got some Easter goodies for the tank as well. Can't wait to see this thing wet

not wet yet. still have to find some time to build the light tree and hang the nano-box

we did have a good easter this year. kinda kept it low key this time. been a rat race around here as of late. :D

I had a NAC3+ for like 2 years and it worked wonders. It pulled the nastiest shit out of my tank 24/7, was considerably quite, and the original pump was still working perfectly before I sold it, and I'm sure it's still running strong for its new owner. Extremely solid construction as well, definitely top-notch quality materials.

As for raising the skimmer, it definitely makes a difference in the skimming capabilities. The NAC3+ didn't start producing the nasty brown stuff until I raised it about 4.5 inches off the sump floor. Anything much lower then that and the skimmer would intermittently overflow, and anything higher then that, it obviously wouldn't pull water up. Probably because those specific skimmer pumps don't have much head height to them. I'm pretty sure each skimmer has its own sweet spot so it's just a matter of playing around with the skimmer height to find that spot.

Aaanyways, everything is looking awesome Jr! You've got some serious top-of-the-line equipment goin on!

thanks man. if this skimmer ends up doing to well of a job im gonna get the 3+

8610631883_3828875171_b.jpg

8610631825_f265e77b87_b.jpg

8611758732_45a9af0cdc_z.jpg

few for fun. gonna toss some super dark window tint on the inside of the of the door to kill the reflection and keep the fuge light from flooding the room with light

Deleted User 4

Nice, where did you get that stand? Looking legit.

Did you get a new camera? Pictures are much more hd than before.

Archived