Pod Your Reef

••JR'S Do!Aqua 60-F | The shallows |•• - Started with Millis

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sick looking set up Jr... Should be getting my fuge lite from Dave by the weekend!

sick man. i cant wait to see what its all about. maybe ill have him do one for me :D

J,

Great. I sourced a few new supplies to really make it silent as well. Glad you did the same.

I really am excited about this. Can you email me the photos?

-Dave

You got one gorgeous setup :)

thank you sir. you do as well. how is the new zen?

J, Great. I sourced a few new supplies to really make it silent as well. Glad you did the same. I really am excited about this. Can you email me the photos? -Dave

will do sir.

Looks good JR.

Update on the curve 5, I have it in 6.5 inches of water now with the dial on 2. The longer this skimmer soaks the more it needs to be brought out of water. I suspect the final water height will be 6 to 6.5 inches to produce a mostly dry skimmate in the middle setting of the knob but still able to turn the dial to produce a wet skimmate or super dry if turned to max or min. I will note I am in the process of retrofitting a diy swabbie onto the lid. Ill update you with parts used if you want once im finished

Ps that mp10 shaft os ####kked lol. Based off the color of the entire shaft it looks as of ot was misaligned for its entore previous use...where did you get it? The shaft itself is a cheap part but id suggest replacing the basket or you risk gluing in the new shaft and washer at an angle

I have my sitting in 9.5" of water, also on setting #2, and have no issues with it, and am skimming wet right now...

i ran mine in a bucket at 8in and the skim was great. i think ill be happy there. plus you have to remember that all tanks and skimmers are different. you just have to find the best for you

i ran mine in a bucket at 8in and the skim was great. i think ill be happy there. plus you have to remember that all tanks and skimmers are different. you just have to find the best for you

Yeah, the adjustable outlet pipe should allow for some variance in water height anyways... :)

I have my sitting in 9.5" of water, also on setting #2, and have no issues with it, and am skimming wet right now...

That was my point. I was skimming wet. I had to raise it to skim dry. And when I say dry I mean pasty like the consistency of lotion or sludge. When I sayv wet I mean a thick liquid that feels grainy/slimey. When I was in 9.5 of water it was skimming forest green water not really the way I skim unless I have an ammonia spike

That was my point. I was skimming wet. I had to raise it to skim dry. And when I say dry I mean pasty like the consistency of lotion or sludge. When I sayv wet I mean a thick liquid that feels grainy/slimey. When I was in 9.5 of water it was skimming forest green water not really the way I skim unless I have an ammonia spike

It was always my understading that dry skimming was less efficient, but I digress...

I had it drier the first couple of days when the pipe was at 1.5 setting, but wanted wetter, and my skimmate is rather dark brown now...

JR was right though - every tank is different, and every aquarist is different too - whatever works, works, and the skimmer functions well and is very quiet - not bad for $200!

It was always my understading that dry skimming was less efficient, but I digress...

I had it drier the first couple of days when the pipe was at 1.5 setting, but wanted wetter, and my skimmate is rather dark brown now...

JR was right though - every tank is different, and every aquarist is different too - whatever works, works, and the skimmer functions well and is very quiet - not bad for $200!

I agree. I tend to skim dryer. Because it pulls out the most gunk. But yea either way awesome skimmer. I was just trying tp to share what I experienced since jr still hasn't setup the tank

thank you sir. you do as well. how is the new zen?

will do sir.

Have the plumbing almost done except to the return pump then she shall be up and running after plumbing leak test.

omgomgomg

i know right :P

Live rock from Salty ?

aquatica. they gave me a really good price :)

The anticipation is literally killing me.

few more gallons and the sump will be filled too

Archived