Cultivated Reef

••JR'S Do!Aqua 60-F | The shallows |•• - Started with Millis

JR!

buddythelion

Man, what a pro looking scape! It looks almost exactly like the same rock style scaping in freshwater planted displays, which makes me wonder how you're going to put the SPS with a scape like that, where they're going to grow outwards and take the rock scape look away? Especially that one tall one in the middle.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sick build, are you using real reef rock in your tank? Anyways great looking scape looks like a Japanese island!how do you like that vertex mag?

yep i got 15lbs of real reef rock in there. few larger chunks in the sump.

love the vertex mags. i have one for both tanks now.

Man, what a pro looking scape! It looks almost exactly like the same rock style scaping in freshwater planted displays, which makes me wonder how you're going to put the SPS with a scape like that, where they're going to grow outwards and take the rock scape look away? Especially that one tall one in the middle.

thanks buddy. i looked at a lot of planted tanks for some inspiration. im just gonna see how the sps plays out when i get it in there. never really know what any tank is going to be like in the beginning :D

buddythelion

thanks buddy. i looked at a lot of planted tanks for some inspiration. im just gonna see how the sps plays out when i get it in there. never really know what any tank is going to be like in the beginning :D

One step at a time, Cross that bridge when the time comes. I like your style!

One step at a time, Cross that bridge when the time comes. I like your style!

thanks man. id love to do a lot of zoas in here too. :D

buddythelion

thanks man. id love to do a lot of zoas in here too. :D

Lmk what you're looking for. Will keep you in mind. ;)

buddythelion

Lol. I don't think there was ever an sps box here on nr. Jr, don't let that desire pass you by. :)

A true collector can never resist the urge of buying a beautiful specimen, whether it be sps, lps, or even softies! Beautiful is beautiful.

A true collector can never resist the urge of buying a beautiful specimen, whether it be sps, lps, or even softies! Beautiful is beautiful.

whatever i end up putting in here i have a great feeling im really going to enjoy it. im very very very pleased with the way it has come out so far. way better then i thought. :D

buddythelion

whatever i end up putting in here i have a great feeling im really going to enjoy it. im very very very pleased with the way it has come out so far. way better then i thought. :D

I heard you already got some pieces on hold. Any teasers as to what they are? ;)

Sunset Millie? How do you like the reef rock was thinking about using it since I don't want to steal my other tanks LR lol

buddythelion

I heard you already got some pieces on hold. Any teasers as to what they are? ;)

YlzM4zQ.png

I've never tried that vendor before, but he's always got some incredible sticks.

hes local to me. dude has some out of this world stuff.

Sunset Millie? How do you like the reef rock was thinking about using it since I don't want to steal my other tanks LR lol

love it. do it you wont regret it.

Cool will do, also if you end up getting that sunset Millie I advise to use some kind of potassium additive. I noticed I lost the fuzzyness on mine until I started dosing potassium

I've never tried that vendor before, but he's always got some incredible sticks.

Which vendor are we talking about? Also, Jr, since you're in OH, you may look into visiting reefsystems. His facility is pretty sweet and he has a ton of stuff.

Which vendor are we talking about? Also, Jr, since you're in OH, you may look into visiting reefsystems. His facility is pretty sweet and he has a ton of stuff.

I believe they are talking about reef_pets on ebay. He was/is in Ohio I think (or at least he was last time I purchased from him).

Where is reefsystems located? **Edit** Nevermind, looks like they are near Columbus.

I believe they are talking about reef_pets on ebay. He was/is in Ohio I think (or at least he was last time I purchased from him).

Where is reefsystems located?

Just outside of Columbus. New Albany area. He built a farm on his property and has a huge green house. You can check out the web site for more details on the setup, but he doesn't keep it up to date very well on coral selection. He mainly does aquaculture and never sells the main colony, but frags it to get what he sells. I do believe he orders in as well, but most is aquaculture.

Does reef pets do walk-in business or strictly ebay? S. Lebanon wouldn't be super far for me. Less than an hour.

Nice tank man. I followed your build last summer while I was setting up my 34 gallon. I just recently came back to nr and see u have a new set up. I think you like the planning and setting up the tank more than your finished project. Lol. But I guess im no better bc I have a 125 cycling right now next to my solana. Any ways I fairly local to you. I go to aquatica at least once a month and I'm at salty critter way to much. Like at least once a week. I don't have much sps going on in my 34 right now, but I do have a Jf Boston bean digi that had some nice color to it. When you get some coral in there maybe we do some swapping. I'd love to see your tank in person.

Archived