inTank Media Baskets

••JR'S Do!Aqua 60-F | The shallows |•• - Started with Millis

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All glass setup is still cool. And for the price you can't argue that. Good luck with the build!

thanks man. o btw how do you like the led fixture that you have? they make one in 24in?

thanks man. o btw how do you like the led fixture that you have? they make one in 24in?

I think they do. Its works, and grows coral. But it has much to be desired. Its not controllable or dimmable, so I've ghetto rigged it to block some of the white LEDs and have it hanging really high above my tank so I don't fry corals anymore.

If I could do it over again, and not have my wife harp on me about the cost of the light I'd probably do a 27" Maxspect Razor and dim the power for a shallow tank. The 20" would probably be a good length for the 60F.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I think they do. Its works, and grows coral. But it has much to be desired. Its not controllable or dimmable, so I've ghetto rigged it to block some of the white LEDs and have it hanging really high above my tank so I don't fry corals anymore.

If I could do it over again, and not have my wife harp on me about the cost of the light I'd probably do a 27" Maxspect Razor and dim the power for a shallow tank. The 20" would probably be a good length for the 60F.

Yuppp so you're onto the razor too :)

Deleted User 4

hummmmm ill take a look at the razor

I don't know...it's just that I could imagine a razor over this 60f looking super fly.

Like this b2 bomber gliding over your reef 24/7.

stealth_fighter_zps615a38a9.jpg

I had nightmares last night about frying corals in the 45-f lol. what to do what to do...

I say you go with another nano box fixture. the one on your pico is sexy!

I don't know...it's just that I could imagine a razor over this 60f looking super fly.

Like this b2 bomber gliding over your reef 24/7.

stealth_fighter_zps615a38a9.jpg

Just FYI thats the F-117, the B-2 is this sexy beast

stealth-bomber-blue-black.jpg

• Like 3

This is gonna be a first glass, I mean first class set up!

haha <3

BOOM!

8431910238_ac48f437d1_c.jpg

:)

glad you posted that. i might have to get one soon ;)

Those tanks look amazing, cant wait to see how you do it!

thanks so much. i hope it turns out as well as i hope :D

I had nightmares last night about frying corals in the 45-f lol. what to do what to do...

I say you go with another nano box fixture. the one on your pico is sexy!

rofl. is it bad that i have reef dreams too? :P

Just FYI thats the F-117, the B-2 is this sexy beast

stealth-bomber-blue-black.jpg

hahaha

omgomgomg

:wub:

What's the ETA on the tank? When do you hope to have this thing wet?

Off topic but, you have made me throw incubus back into heavy rotation on my iTunes playlist!

this tank with the mame make me think japanese style lighting, aka a bar with multiple fixtures (par 38's if you're determined to use leds, or some canon type fixtures)

heres some inspiration in case you're curious

lighting.jpg

lends itself to shallow tanks aswell by just raising the fixture if you're not interested in lights with dimming controls

• Like 1

I see.

Doesn't Mr.Aqua have a 60f? I thought they did.....Hmmm

Btw, that mame overflow $$$$$ :)

Very nice.

They don't make anything with the same dimensions. Thee have a 12 gallon thats super long and shallow though.

Archived