Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

I went to my LFS .... they had 4 Moorish, about 3.5 big. Then it reminded me of you :lol: ... that is what Brad was talking about. They also had one beautiful Bat Fish.

BattleAthletics

First of all, sorry for your loss. These types of events is what shy people away from this hobby. Hang in there!

I wanted to chime in on chloramines. Reef keepers running their own RODI systems should expect chloramines. Most municipalities use chloramines as the primary disinfectant. Why? Because with chlorine disinfection, trihalomethanes(THM's) are produced which have been linked to cancer. Chloramines greatly reduce this because ammonia is bound to chlorine reducing the chance of chlorine to interact with organics in the water forming THM's.

Good call on contacting the city and asking questions. I suggest everyone look into their local water system to find out what's in their water.

Thanks for the input neighbor!

But BattleAthletics you are the freaking man. :fist bump:

images_zpsfb0ec785.jpg

I did nothing but give you an idea which turned into a clue. kindah like what this guy does.

house-tv-show-07.jpg

That moment when you have a 400 order on BRS but don't want to spend the money lol

I know that feels, brah

Did you say you were looking into a stand for your tank? Why not the marineland monterrey stand?

Thanks for the input neighbor!

images_zpsfb0ec785.jpg

I did nothing but give you an idea which turned into a clue. kindah like what this guy does.

house-tv-show-07.jpg

I know that feels, brahDid you say you were looking into a stand for your tank? Why not the marineland monterrey stand?

Lol freaking house...lol

Yea im gonna build one...the montery stand is like 700 bucks

BattleAthletics

Lol freaking house...lol Yea im gonna build one...the montery stand is like 700 bucks

FVCK THAT SH!T

Hey man how long will it take for me to see any kind of progress with the gfo in?

Weeks bro. Because it has to pull all the bound gfo out. What you can do is add a teaspoon every days. So right now you're changing once a week and folding the bag in the middle of the week. This is just an example to soak ot out.

So say now your using 3 teaspoons of gfo. 3 days into it add a teaspoon to make it 4. When you change it at your week make you'll change it for 4 teaspoon and 3 days in make it 5, then the next change youd change 5. Keep adding slowly until the algae tips or base turns white. Once you've reached that point add 1 more teaspoon and hold for a couple weeks until the algae is gone. Typically you would then use 3/4 of the dose you were using at its peak from then on. So at the peak say your using 8 teaspoon - once the algae has been eliminated you would cut it back to 6 teaspoon amd ride for a few weeks - that should keep build up from happening as well as keeping algae away but not so strong of a dose that it starves the corals. If the 3/4 dose doesn't hold the algae back up it by a half teaspoon at a time. If it causes any necrosis or bleaching then drop the dose by a teaspoon. Once you reach maintenance stage you want to let your dose bee for two-three weeka before changing anything so you can see how everything reacta

Yikes! I was thinking of getting vortechs for my new build but i am sticking to the cheaper stuff and getting a jebao wp10 or maybe a wp25. i have heard good things, you just do not have the full control of the pump like you do with the vortechs but still its pretty good for only $75.

Ouch what happened to the wet side?

Old by a few years, ceramic shaft cracked. Just ordered a new basket.

Yikes! I was thinking of getting vortechs for my new build but i am sticking to the cheaper stuff and getting a jebao wp10 or maybe a wp25. i have heard good things, you just do not have the full control of the pump like you do with the vortechs but still its pretty good for only $75.
I like my vortechs....alot l9l

No you because algae requires a higher dissolved capita of phosphate than corals and can begin to starve at low levels

20130624_204453_zps26551a72.jpg Looks like someone is buying a new wet side

I thought you might have had a snail accident. The propeller on my old wet side took a beating from the snails!
BattleAthletics

My wife said she wanted to get me a shallow tank for my birthday......I gave her the option of the 80, 60 and 30 DBP Shallow rimless tank.

I cant wait, im gonna be so pitted.

My wife said she wanted to get me a shallow tank for my birthday......I gave her the option of the 80, 60 and 30 DBP Shallow rimless tank.

I cant wait, im gonna be so pitted.

Id of only given her the option of the 60 or 80 haha

BattleAthletics

Id of only given her the option of the 60 or 80 haha

The only thing i hate dealing with is WC's...Id like the 60 personally...Who knows!

OFC get me a badass DaveFason Led/T5 combo light and that sweet fuge light he has.

Ima be so pitted, cant wait.

20130625_155223_zpsaf74a9ce.jpgMmm little bit better

The only thing i hate dealing with is WC's...Id like the 60 personally...Who knows! OFC get me a badass DaveFason Led/T5 combo light and that sweet fuge light he has. Ima be so pitted, cant wait.
Lol. Ball bro. Water changes are...well lets not talk about them lol

Archived