ReefCleaners.org

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

The only thing i hate dealing with is WC's...Id like the 60 personally...Who knows!

OFC get me a badass DaveFason Led/T5 combo light and that sweet fuge light he has.

Ima be so pitted, cant wait.

Why would you want to do water changes?

Not everyone is on-board the WC train. I think Ben and I are on different ends of the debate, but, personally I think Water Changes with a quality salt are the most efficient inexpensive way to dose trace elements, keep up with pH, and lower the amount you spend on Ca/Alk supplements. At the same time, it dilutes any pollutants existing in the tank.

Brad did you flash your G3?

G3? Galaxy s3? I have a note 2...and yes I wrote the tablet UI bar for the galaxy s &note phones.. another hobby if mine

I was justing shooting it out there. Flash me bby id like a new look to my phone

What do you have & provider. Is your bootloader unlocked?

Reefmaster1996

Yeah I saw that moray before reading your post.

On another note, sorry if I hijack, but guess who's got a black leopard wrasse that's healthy and eating Mysis?

This guy ;)

Yeah I saw that moray before reading your post.

On another note, sorry if I hijack, but guess who's got a black leopard wrasse that's healthy and eating Mysis?

This guy ;)

Niceeeeeeee

Reefmaster1996

Yeah I love working at an LFS, best first job ever, I've had my eye on this guy for over a week he just finished aclimating to my quarintine tank (10 gallons with sand, hob filter, aprubble rock, and PVC hides). He's been eating Mysis everyday at the shop so he should be fine. He's rare in the fact that only 1/5 leopard wrasse make it unfortunately after shipment. He actually is 1/5, out of 5 different leopard wrasses he's the only one from the shipment that survived. Also you don't really see black leopard wrasses that often or do you? Tell me if I'm wrong. His home will be the 50 gallon rimless tank that should be done in about a month.

Sorry for the rant.

Yeah I love working at an LFS, best first job ever, I've had my eye on this guy for over a week he just finished aclimating to my quarintine tank (10 gallons with sand, hob filter, aprubble rock, and PVC hides). He's been eating Mysis everyday at the shop so he should be fine. He's rare in the fact that only 1/5 leopard wrasse make it unfortunately after shipment. He actually is 1/5, out of 5 different leopard wrasses he's the only one from the shipment that survived. Also you don't really see black leopard wrasses that often or do you? Tell me if I'm wrong. His home will be the 50 gallon rimless tank that should be done in about a month.

Sorry for the rant.

Biggest thing is keeping the same light cycle as its thier circadian rythmn that causes them to expire. If they cant sleep they wont eat. Honestly you don't see leopards that often in general. Good luck man they are hard fish to keep. But you said it's eating mysis so it has a high chance

Reefmaster1996

Yeah I have it on the exact same light cycle as the store I got it from which is where I work so I think it has a high chance, right now it's in the sand but that's normal since the lights are off and she's new. Also I've always kept the light cycle in my quaritine tank the same as my display or the exact same reason. She's so cool, or he, do males look different than females in this variation?

Yeah I have it on the exact same light cycle as the store I got it from which is where I work so I think it has a high chance, right now it's in the sand but that's normal since the lights are off and she's new. Also I've always kept the light cycle in my quaritine tank the same as my display or the exact same reason. She's so cool, or he, do males look different than females in this variation?

Yes - melangris (black leopards), ornatus are leopards that shpw very minimal differences. Easiest way to tell is by the tail fin. On a female the tail remains transparent with the spines with very few spots leading down the tail spines. On a male of these species the tail becomes darkened so that a very small portion of the very tip is transparebt while the rest of the tail takes on the coloration of the rest of the body also on males the ear spot dissapears. Sometimes its hard to tell as during initial phase either one can go first during the transformation into a male. But the end result is the same. Sometimes wrasses especially leopards can get "stuck" in initial phase if there are no females for it to dominate

Luckily I forgot all about it. Whew. Maybe one day...

One of the few ive seen colored like mine

Reefmaster1996
Yes - melangris (black leopards), ornatus are leopards that shpw very minimal differences. Easiest way to tell is by the tail fin. On a female the tail remains transparent with the spines with very few spots leading down the tail spines. On a male of these species the tail becomes darkened so that a very small portion of the very tip is transparebt while the rest of the tail takes on the coloration of the rest of the body also on males the ear spot dissapears. Sometimes its hard to tell as during initial phase either one can go first during the transformation into a male. But the end result is the same. Sometimes wrasses especially leopards can get "stuck" in initial phase if there are no females for it to dominate

Yeah it's a female for now.which is good because they usually acclimate to change better than more established larger males.

Yeah it's a female for now.which is good because they usually acclimate to change better than more established larger males.

Probably the reason why the kuiters male didn't last 3 days, mixture of collection, shipping and not being able to get sleep. Ive been contemplating getting the femalw kuiter off LA for a while now

So I'm clamless....and well I'm on a binge for some angelfish..... think a golden angel is calling my name

Paleoreef103

Not everyone is on-board the WC train. I think Ben and I are on different ends of the debate, but, personally I think Water Changes with a quality salt are the most efficient inexpensive way to dose trace elements, keep up with pH, and lower the amount you spend on Ca/Alk supplements. At the same time, it dilutes any pollutants existing in the tank.

Yup. I've never regretted a water change. As long as the temp and the salinity are matched and you're consistent with your salt brand you'll never hear the phrase, "that water change was a bad idea." 10% @ 1.025 once a week is the easiest way to keep a tank healthy.

This is a male black leopard....see how the tail has blackened?

20130626_133804_zpsbb653f03.jpg

Archived