Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

Deleted User 4

bahahahaha

Glad I made you happy!

Clap it brothers!~!! :)

Off of work in two hours then home to try and figure out how to set up my ATO and do some salifert testing!!!!!

Testing kits....I've never used them on my nano tanks for the past 4 yrs and I've been successful reef keeping.

Hmmm, my lfs where I worked at for 2 yrs never used a single test kit either. Only salinity tests.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got this ATO set up, but I don't think this is designed for tanks that have a rim. I have the float switch as high as I possibly can, and it's still too low for me. The sensor doesn't want to go off until the tank is like 1.5-2 inches of water level being too low. So how can I remedy this? I wish I would have known this was designed for tanks with a sump. Not just a tank.

77916025-FF2F-459B-BDB1-0B2514505A7B-145

D6BA4BB9-E00F-4DCD-89D1-29A63534C511-145

D4BF6BF2-CDF3-4481-A8FD-76283AE296B1-145

B609F6D0-FF77-43A7-A4BA-D19BAEC0C679-143

Random picture of a very hard piercing I had to do today:

7BCAD65E-5381-47B5-B47E-0FBCBC2324EA-143

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

You live in cali.I know you know whats sexually transmitted diseases are.

Yeah but never heard of that one specific disease lol.

Never had an ato, so wouldn't know ahah.

Just did my first salifert tests. Ammonia was pretty low, if not non-existent. Same with nitrites, but my nitrates were at like 10.

Phosphates were 0, PH was spot on.

Still pretty confused with this ATO system, hopefully somebody can chime in. I would assume with a small system, and the tank being about 1-2 inches low on water can cause the salinity to spike detrimentally. Am I right in thinking this?

Just did my first salifert tests. Ammonia was pretty low, if not non-existent. Same with nitrites, but my nitrates were at like 10.

Phosphates were 0, PH was spot on.

Still pretty confused with this ATO system, hopefully somebody can chime in. I would assume with a small system, and the tank being about 1-2 inches low on water can cause the salinity to spike detrimentally. Am I right in thinking this?

for Sps yes. For Lps and softies. Not all all

for Sps yes. For Lps and softies. Not all all

What about for fish?

Also, does anyone know if the AI Sol will have enough coverage over a 30 inch long tank?

• Like 1

Yupp it does.

I can't trust your info, you're too much of a fanboy.

I hate that my ATO won't let me keep up the water level more. I hate having the water line below the trim. Drives me crazy!

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I can't trust your info, you're too much of a fanboy.

Anyone can tell you that it covers a 30l tank.

Ehh but really though, razors would look nice on your tank too.

no wonder ur single lol

Ha!

As for the ato. I don't know that one too well. You might be better off not using the magnet and just doing s little clip out of egg crate. Then you can adjust as you want. Kinda defeats the purpose of the magnet but at least you will have the right height.

Or - can you reverse the signal and turn it upside down to get a little height out of it?

• Like 1

The ato is probably designed for a sump, not the display.

Sigh. It'll have to work for now. I think this thursday I'm going to go buy a 10 gallon tank for a sump. I have a pretty limited area for one. And after I add a sump, idk where the #### I'm going to put my ATO res. FML!

What about for fish?

Also, does anyone know if the AI Sol will have enough coverage over a 30 inch long tank?

fish will be ok. It's not big salinity swing maybe .02 change. Enought to piss Sps off.

What I would try is turning it up side down. You may get the level higher like slave said

I wouldn't recommend it. But it can be done. Just buy a 10g sump. Silicone in a baffle. Put your HOb fuge on it and grab a return pump.

So many things can be used as a ato container? A bong? 40oz king cobras? Sky vodka bottles?

Well I meant I don't know where to put it, just running out of room. What I'm using now is my 5g water container I move water in. Where can I get a baffle from for the sump? And would a 10g be enough for a skimmer as well? I ####ing hate that I bought this stand, because now I want a sump. Starting to get a bit frustrated with that.

I need to get my ATO working correctly, I need to figure out what I can do with the sump, and try to clean up the bottom area. fml.

Too funny!

On the ATO switch... I will have to dig it up but I recall reading that you can change the wires so that it registers the reverse.

This is when I wish I had local friends who were familiar with this stuff like I am, so they could come over and help me with this shit. The net isn't enough some times haha. My LFS doesn't do home visits, even if I pay!

• Like 1

If I added another tank directly to the left of the system, at the same level.. Could I use that as a sump? Or would it have to be lower so it could drain via the overflow?

Archived