Coral Vue Hydros

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, got the Badfishreefsystems AC70 media basket, along with the surface skimmer. I also got the BRS 4-Stage 75 GPD RO/DI system, and a Refractometer with the calibration liquid.

Until Thursday, no more purchases. :P I will be ordering my heater and TDS meter next. Then lights, then stocking!

And for now, I'm going to bed!

Deleted User 4

Nice how much money did you spend? Why does your wife hate this website? Did you tell her we sure like her around here? :)

Yeah, why she don't like it?

Sump

If you don't mind buying off eBay :P

Edit: If anything I would advise against running a canister filter. While it is possible to run them successfully, they are a pain to maintain properly.

Sump

If you don't mind buying off eBay :P

Edit: If anything I would advise against running a canister filter. While it is possible to run them successfully, they are a pain to maintain properly.

While that is a nice sump, it's a bit too big. I'm hoping to be able to fit a sump in the bottom of my stand.

And yes, my wife dislikes this website mainly because it gives me ideas on spending more money.

:D Btw Lawn, I spent $250 last night on the RO set up, the Refractometer, and the surface skimmer/media basket combo.

• Like 2

Begow,

Ocala is a SH IT town. My family use to have a classified newspaper there. Spent my fair share of time there. Your setup looks good. I would definitely add a sump. Get another 20 long and add some baffles, There has to be a glass shop that will cut you some baffles cheap. That would be the most beneficial thing right now. Gives you more water volume, creates an awesome surface skimmer, and if u use the glass holes stuff can keep with the hipster look that you and your wife will appreciate. And every reefer knows you got to keep the wife happy. Are u planning on a protein skimmer? The sump is always a good spot for the skimmer. I will be following along on this build. Should of had your wife do the standard mermaid photo for you thread, maybe your next tank.

Are you a tattoo artist? You said your shops shirts... Looking for a reefer artist to work sleeve i have wanted.

Begow,

Ocala is a SH IT town. My family use to have a classified newspaper there. Spent my fair share of time there. Your setup looks good. I would definitely add a sump. Get another 20 long and add some baffles, There has to be a glass shop that will cut you some baffles cheap. That would be the most beneficial thing right now. Gives you more water volume, creates an awesome surface skimmer, and if u use the glass holes stuff can keep with the hipster look that you and your wife will appreciate. And every reefer knows you got to keep the wife happy. Are u planning on a protein skimmer? The sump is always a good spot for the skimmer. I will be following along on this build. Should of had your wife do the standard mermaid photo for you thread, maybe your next tank.

Are you a tattoo artist? You said your shops shirts... Looking for a reefer artist to work sleeve i have wanted.

I'm actually a body piercer, but I could still point you in the right direction when it comes to artists. We have some pretty reputable guys here. We're the longest standing shop in town (11 years) and have a great reputation.

I do plan on adding a sump sooner or later, space is an issue for me because my stand isn't exactly the most spacious area. If I do add a sump, I will be going with a skimmer as well. I get my timer, ATO, and salifert tests in tomorrow, so that will be nice for accurate testing.

Added a carbon bag to my Aqua Clear tonight.

How do you guys keep these things down? It won't matter once my Media basket comes in.. but yeah. When it does come in, does it go on the bottom, or does the chaeto?

Salifert test kits come in tomorrow, ATO, and digital timer.

No signs of diatoms or anything yet. I'm adding some more live nitrying bacteria tonight. Says you can't overdose, so whatever. If anything it'll spike my ammonia and start this cycle stronger.

How do you guys keep these things down? It won't matter once my Media basket comes in.. but yeah. When it does come in, does it go on the bottom, or does the chaeto?

Salifert test kits come in tomorrow, ATO, and digital timer.

No signs of diatoms or anything yet. I'm adding some more live nitrying bacteria tonight. Says you can't overdose, so whatever. If anything it'll spike my ammonia and start this cycle stronger.

Which Carbon? For no particular reason, I'd recommend you use Purigen or Chemi-pure.

I don't think it really matters which goes on top. Depending on how you plan to light it, you'll probably want to have the carbon on the bottom and chaeto on top.

I'm using the Carbon that came with the Aqua-Clear 70. But I will be using BRS Carbon after that, and when I run out of that I will be using my Chemi-Pure elite.. Have a good supply of this stuff.

What exactly the use of carbon in an aquarium? I know it improves the clarity of the water, but what else?

Removes toxins and crap from the water. Chemi elite is over rated.

Ah okay.. I added some more bacteria as well. Will be testing with Salifert tomorrow. Ready to get this show on the road! I will hopefully be able to hook up the ATO tomorrow, I hope I'm not too slow to do it. I'm terrible with setting things up.

Just a thought but why not just get a real fuge w like a CPR aqua fuge so u could set everything up in the back instead of cramming a ac70? ESP w an extra 250 to blow?

• Like 1

Skip the chemi pure elite and use the brs rox carbon and gfo. You can mix up your own chemi pure for a lot,less money.

THat's what I'll be doing :D

TeflonTomDosh

Lolol cute wife dude, too bad I like dudes

Btw, you look more hipster in that picture lol. Whatup hipster. My type of guy :wub: Those and guys with AI fixtures.

• Like 4

Btw, you look more hipster in that picture lol. Whatup hipster. My type of guy :wub: Those and guys with AI fixtures.

that's the quote of the century
  • Like 1
Deleted User 4

I saw this coming. I just had to set that up for you aghah.

Took you this longg!!!! lolol

Good start. My wife hates this website as well. Lol mostly because she hates her pictures on the internet...and I posted some here haha. But she encourages me to spend more money kn the tank

• Like 2

Archived