inTank Media Baskets

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you can get an idea area that they will need to be spaced from other corals.They will sting other coral and can be stung also.

Quick question.What do i need to do since my clowns keep kicking sand into my acans.Should i keep dumping it out or let the acan push it out.Moving it is only a temp fix because they like redecorating the whole tank all the time.

Check out the setup I have planned out... http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/319617-10-gallon-full-spectrum-led-build/?p=4177740

Full spectrum... solderless CREE leds... 4 channels controllable... about $375 diy

Does it do lightning storms? Not trolling, but I really like those.. not to mention for 25 dollars more I get a warranty, the non DIY look, and the peace of mind knowing it will work

Deleted User 4

Not to be mean. But I guess you can call me hipster for owning the ai nano sol or preferrably leds with only blue and whites. But I kinda like it more than full spectrum because I don't like too colorful of a lighting on the tank......just my perspective.

Sooo if you just like blues and whites, then I'd say gor for ai sol blue. Otherwise, get a razor for full spectrum.

It probably won't do lightning but at least if you're looking for full spectrum then there's that option.

Like said, I only like to wear blue/gray/white/black clothing, and surely would love just blue and whites on lighting.

Colorful is not my thing, style.

Does it do lightning storms? Not trolling, but I really like those.. not to mention for 25 dollars more I get a warranty, the non DIY look, and the peace of mind knowing it will work

One thing to keep in mind though is most full spectrum fixtures will lead to better growth and coloration.

• Like 2
SeahawkReefer

I don't think anyone has written a "thunderstorm" code for the typhon controller YET and no wireless remote to change your lights from the couch, but c'mon... no extra coral growth from "thunderstorms"... fish/ coral won't be any healthier because of it... and with most reefers trying to replicate shallow reefs, full spectrum is more natural... unless you are doing a "deep reef" all the extra blue you usually see in tanks is just someones color preference, if you like more blue, use more royal blue leds... if you build it and find you don't like the color then swapping out a solderless cree led for a different color is 3 screws... did you look at the link? Have you seen the Makers led heatsink/ fixture? It looks very professional and not like a typical diy... just my opinion... won't hurt my feelings... :-p

Come home tonight and the wife says my Aqua Clear has been making noise all day, and surely enough it is! It's making spurting noises and the shit is driving me crazy! Any suggestions? Also, look what I found on craigslist in my town!!!!

http://ocala.craigslist.org/fuo/3583967140.html

FML!!!! Want so bad!

Also, I ordered a AI controller tonight, so I will be going with AI, either the SOL or the Vega.. will depend.

Already regretting going so small haha.. Should of went 40 long or something. I'm quickly running out of room. Made a lot of money at work tonight for corals, so it's like.. FML!

Come home tonight and the wife says my Aqua Clear has been making noise all day, and surely enough it is! It's making spurting noises and the shit is driving me crazy! Any suggestions? Also, look what I found on craigslist in my town!!!!

http://ocala.craigslist.org/fuo/3583967140.html

FML!!!! Want so bad!

Also, I ordered a AI controller tonight, so I will be going with AI, either the SOL or the Vega.. will depend.

If it's making noise then there's an air bubble in the intake tube. Fiddle with it a bit to see if you can get it dislodged. Also, that is a ridiculously good deal on that craigslist ad. :o

If it's making noise then there's an air bubble in the intake tube. Fiddle with it a bit to see if you can get it dislodged. Also, that is a ridiculously good deal on that craigslist ad. :o

I know right? So saddd!!! I'm most likely going with the Vega color btw.. Will have some extra cash in a week or so..

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I know right? So saddd!!! I'm most likely going with the Vega color btw.. Will have some extra cash in a week or so..

Make sure that's what you really want. ahahh I don't see anything wrong with the ai vega!! :)

• Like 2

I really need advice on the right mount to use!!!! I really really REALLY don't want to hang this light, I would much prefer to have some sort of tank mount.

Does anyone know which is the right one?

Ai Ext rail mounting kit! :)

For $65 and then you need to buy the EXT rail piece. Which is another like $30 or $40.

IMG_0955.jpg

• Like 1

Archived