ReefCleaners.org

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

LarryMoeCurly

Quick question, did you end up getting the Tunze osmolator nano to work well/correctly? I have a 20g long and I plan on eventually getting one. Thanks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question, did you end up getting the Tunze osmolator nano to work well/correctly? I have a 20g long and I plan on eventually getting one. Thanks.

I did not get it to work correctly, even with trimming some of my trim off. I'm highly disappointed with this system, it really should be more advertised as more for a sump. If I don't build a sump, I will be selling this eventually, it serves literally no purpose in my tank right now.

So now which is more addicting?Reefing or Tattoos/piercings.

I have tats but reefing is way more addictive.

I love fish tanks, always have. I work in a tattoo shop and do ~50-100 piercings so I'm surrounded by it all the time. I would much rather get a new fish tank item than a new tattoo.

It other news, my tank is looking amazing!!!!! The Acans were wide open when I got home from work tonight, so I was able to feed them, and they ate all of it, and it was fast! Way faster than I expected!

I also got my diatom bloom!!!!! w00t w00t. That means I'm pretty much done with the full cycling process.

Here are some quick pictures of everything with the blues all the way dimmed down.

04981AA3-B8A6-42C6-8324-5465F90FF8C2-165

BC1081D1-95CD-453C-BAB1-B7D6CCF63D94-165

3CFF3389-89D0-438B-B79B-B03ADD23A49F-165

A5DD1B66-AB42-4FF0-B870-5B71602E9ACB-165

E2AAF7D2-4E25-4AF5-9317-748626D1B69D-165

3714CC09-3D0C-4E03-AE0C-3CA62442D12E-165

I did not get it to work correctly, even with trimming some of my trim off. I'm highly disappointed with this system, it really should be more advertised as more for a sump. If I don't build a sump, I will be selling this eventually, it serves literally no purpose in my tank right now.

I have the regular Tunze Osmolator on my tank. The electronic sensor stays high enough so that my water level is right at the level of the black rim. It looks good.

Sweet pics too!

Just save the ATO I am sure you will have a nice rimless tank and a sump in less than a month. :)

Maybe :P

Tank is looking good. What did you use for the ext of lights

I'm not quite sure what ya mean :P

The ones I have no are hung via braided metal wiring, check back a few pages back and there are pictures of them.

For the new light I will be hanging via metal conduit.

Going to bed for now, but have a few questions.. hoping somebody can help me out! I'm looking at making my own sump, and I think the only thing that would fit under my stand would be a 10g standard. Is this even worth it? And if so, can a 10g fit a skimmer, and a fuge?

When you say that u plan on building your own sump are u referring to adding baffels to a tank or consturcting your own tank? If you are constructing your own tank you could make it any deminsion u choose. Look up diy acrylic sumps. Super easy to build, and customize to your every desire. Just a thought. If you are going with a standard 10g, u could do a skimmer, fuge, and still use your ATO. I personally like reef octopus skimmers. The BH50 is a hang on nano skimmer that works good in a sump setup for nano's. and then there is their standard 110g gallon skimmer. Might be overkill now but when u upgrade it will be good for you still. Just one reefers OPINION is all... Don't be afraid to drill your tank either.

Check that out!!!!!

522DE06F-FE85-44C5-9A3B-4F9E76F1CBE6-165

This morning I wake up to my acans being on the sand bed upside down. I assume one of the snails dislodged it and then it floated down. I also had a snail jammed in my AC70, that was making it barely run. I also had another one get stuck in the MP10. These snails are a big pain in the ass more than anything!!!!!!!!!!

Light and controller will be here Tuesday.. I will be making my metal conduit stand on wednesday. Within the next week or so I will be making my sump, and by make I mean 10g with acrylic baffles.

• Like 1

546BA0AF-CF1B-4F25-A636-1E9E48DD5409-213

I love this piece I got a few days ago. Sadly I think the other zoa frag I got has some bryopsis on it. It is a fern like algae thats growing on it, I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet.

What should I do about that frag? There is some kind of algae on this GOW zoa frag, and I don't want it to spread, or is it too late and there is probably already spores? Should I take it out?

What should I do about that frag? There is some kind of algae on this GOW zoa frag, and I don't want it to spread, or is it too late and there is probably already spores? Should I take it out?

Could you take a picture? The "fern like algae" description sounds a lot like bryopsis. If it is, I would take it out ASAP. The price of a frag is not worth getting a bryopsis outbreak in your tank. A lot of people use hydrogen peroxide dips to kill off nuisance algae (myself included), so if you can get a hold of some to kill it off that would be your best bet.

FB9666AC-D9A9-4766-BE4B-F1D0B641CAB0-218

There ya go.

Could you take a picture? The "fern like algae" description sounds a lot like bryopsis. If it is, I would take it out ASAP. The price of a frag is not worth getting a bryopsis outbreak in your tank. A lot of people use hydrogen peroxide dips to kill off nuisance algae (myself included), so if you can get a hold of some to kill it off that would be your best bet.

Definitely bryopsis. I'd try a peroxide dip. You may have to do a couple over the next few weeks to get it all. Your zoanthids are going to be pissed off for a while too but they'll live.

Definitely bryopsis. I'd try a peroxide dip. You may have to do a couple over the next few weeks to get it all. Your zoanthids are going to be pissed off for a while too but they'll live.

How exactly do I do a peroxide dip? And I guess that means I should stop buying from my LFS.

How exactly do I do a peroxide dip? And I guess that means I should stop buying from my LFS.

I use a 3:1 ratio of tank water to peroxide (the regular 3% solution you buy from any drug/grocery store). You don't need to make a lot for a single frag - I use red solo cups for single frags. Dip for 3-5 minutes depending on the frag I dipped. Even though zoanthids are pretty hardy, I would start at 2-3 minutes, then work your way up if that doesn't do the trick. Again, your zoanthids are going to look terrible after the dip - the best way I can describe it is that they will "bubble up". I wouldn't worry about it. After a day they should be back to normal. It also may take 2-3 days for the bryopsis to die. If after a few days there's still bryopsis, just do another dip (and maybe leave them in for an extra minute or two, or increase the concentration of the dip... basically just experiment and find what works). Just repeat this until all of the bryopsis is gone. Also make sure to rinse off the frag in a bit of fresh tank water to remove excess peroxide before moving it back into your tank.

You might want to ask in this thread for more information too. They're really helpful.

Also, I wouldn't let that stop you from buying from your LFS. There is no vendor out there that is 100% pest free. That's why I quarantine everything. It's a pain in the ass to have another tank set up but I think it's worth it in the long run if you can treat for pests before anything goes into your main tank.

I use a 3:1 ratio of tank water to peroxide (the regular 3% solution you buy from any drug/grocery store). You don't need to make a lot for a single frag - I use red solo cups for single frags. Dip for 3-5 minutes depending on the frag I dipped. Even though zoanthids are pretty hardy, I would start at 2-3 minutes, then work your way up if that doesn't do the trick. Again, your zoanthids are going to look terrible after the dip - the best way I can describe it is that they will "bubble up". I wouldn't worry about it. After a day they should be back to normal. It also may take 2-3 days for the bryopsis to die. If after a few days there's still bryopsis, just do another dip (and maybe leave them in for an extra minute or two, or increase the concentration of the dip... basically just experiment and find what works). Just repeat this until all of the bryopsis is gone. Also make sure to rinse off the frag in a bit of fresh tank water to remove excess peroxide before moving it back into your tank.

You might want to ask in this thread for more information too. They're really helpful.

Also, I wouldn't let that stop you from buying from your LFS. There is no vendor out there that is 100% pest free. That's why I quarantine everything. It's a pain in the ass to have another tank set up but I think it's worth it in the long run if you can treat for pests before anything goes into your main tank.

Sadly most of their frag tanks are infested with hair/bryopsis/red slime so it's kind of a sketchy situation, but I don't want to have to pay outrageous prices for shipping on frags.

Sadly most of their frag tanks are infested with hair/bryopsis/red slime so it's kind of a sketchy situation, but I don't want to have to pay outrageous prices for shipping on frags.

I know what you mean. The thing is, most LFS charge more per frag than online vendors to make up for shipping costs. I think in the end you end up paying only a little more if you order a few frags online (say less than $150 worth). Once you hit about $150-$200 on an online order, most places start to offer free shipping, so you end up saving money compared to buying everything locally.

• Like 1

Archived