Innovative Marine Aquariums

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

If you're looking at the ai sol blue, you might want to consider two nanos instead. You can spread them more basically having them cover a 15x12 spot each. I just wonder how good coverage would be on the long with one vega? Haven't seen Anouilh reviews on them though. How has the led setup you got been doing?

It's doing good so far, it's just ugly and there is no programming to it lol.. I have it on a simple timer and such, but I have to manually dim and such which is no fun.

Two nanos would cost me even more!!!! Why would I go with two nanos over one blue?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be able to spread them apart for better coverage. I really only suggest it for the coverage compared to a sol blue because they are both going to have the same color led. In that case, might as well be able to "split" the sol (two nanos) and get better end to end covage. I honestly am starting to look at other options for led based on the spectrum...

That's where I am struggling. Right now for everything I want, DIY may be the only other option. Better spectrum and fully controllable fort tank size... Not many options.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

That's where I am struggling. Right now for everything I want, DIY may be the only other option. Better spectrum and fully controllable fort tank size... Not many options.

Razor is good for long shallow tanks :)

Ai Vega too. But not too shallow long of course.

Honestly though if I were you I'd just stick with the current Ai nano since it's doing work for your tank! :)

Yeah I would hate to spend 400 on the AI and then I get bad spectrum and shit doesn't grow.

Hmmm Razor then?

There isn't really a significant price difference between the Razor and the AI Vega, and it seems that the Razor would be a much better option.

Have you compared the two?

Got my BRS RODI in today, it's working great.. no leaks and I get 60 PSI of water pressure!!!!!!!!!

I also got my surface skimmer and my media basket for the AC70, what a great product!!!!!!!

Still testing water daily to make sure the wellso from Lawnman will be good!

First Acan:

19406A97-D4C9-4EA0-B726-071D696D4A01-242

Also got some Pink Zipper Zoas which haven't opened up yet..

Others Zoas are looking great today!

499E1A1E-DD7C-4D88-AC75-10D0016E6E70-242

The ricordea looks like it has twice as big!!!!!

3E76C08E-DD9D-4B56-A171-6D24BC46D2C4-242

Sorry about the terrible pictures, I will have to invest in a new camera.

EDIT: I also saw my first bristle worm today, w00t!

Looking good. Are you dipping your new additions?

He actually dips them for me prior to putting them into bags. I just tried to spot feed the acan, some of the tentacles came out.. I have no clue what it will look like is the acan is doing bad.. but I will try spot feeding again on Sunday.

Haha, looks like the white balance is a little off ;)

haha if by that you mean I'm using an iPhone then yes :P

I wish I could take better pics, want to get everyone's opinions on these new corals. Zoas are starting to open!

Just an update before the lights go off.. The acans look AMAZING.. they have the little tentacles coming out, and look much better than when they first went in. All the zoas are open, bristle worm is peeking out occasionally. Super happy with the way things are going right now!

Both of you should look in to the NanoBox company, as I am. I have an AI now, and while I have no complaints so far, I too am lusting after spectrum.

Both of you should look in to the NanoBox company, as I am. I have an AI now, and while I have no complaints so far, I too am lusting after spectrum.

Kind of looks like they build you DIY fixtures that have no controller and such. And they cost as much as some that do. lol

If you want cheap leds with no controller just go to aquatraders lol.

I want nice LEDs with a controller, that will maintain good coloration! haha, I have a cheap LED system now!

I want nice LEDs with a controller, that will maintain good coloration! haha, I have a cheap LED system now!

Agree! Nice led and controllable.

• Like 1

Kind of looks like they build you DIY fixtures that have no controller and such. And they cost as much as some that do. lol

Look harder. Or learn how to DIY something that doesn't look like a computer shit on top of your tank. :)

If you want features, spectrum, and looks... start piercing every middle school girl that walks by your shop!

Look harder. Or learn how to DIY something that doesn't look like a computer shit on top of your tank. :)

If you want features, spectrum, and looks... start piercing every middle school girl that walks by your shop!

I think I'm going to have to stick with the AI Sol either way, I don't see paying 700 dollars reasonable for a Radion..

Are you telling him to commit felonious acts? lmao. :haha:

• Like 2

I think I'm going to have to stick with the AI Sol either way, I don't see paying 700 dollars reasonable for a Radion..

Save the extra money for the Vega if buying new. Or find a used sol at a discount. While full spectrum is debated a lot, the debate certainly leans in the favor of it is worth it to some extent. You'll end up wishing you did a few months in. (Ask me how I know)

You already spent money on a fixture you want to change. Don't do it twice.

Save the extra money for the Vega if buying new. Or find a used sol at a discount. While full spectrum is debated a lot, the debate certainly leans in the favor of it is worth it to some extent. You'll end up wishing you did a few months in. (Ask me how I know)

You already spent money on a fixture you want to change. Don't do it twice.

Yeah for sure, maybe I'll do that.

Also, I'm browsing the tank while the lights are off and holy crap!!!! The acans tentacles come out sooooooo far!!!!!

Archived