Coral Vue Hydros

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

I know what you mean. The thing is, most LFS charge more per frag than online vendors to make up for shipping costs. I think in the end you end up paying only a little more if you order a few frags online (say less than $150 worth). Once you hit about $150-$200 on an online order, most places start to offer free shipping, so you end up saving money compared to buying everything locally.

Good point, either way.. I took the frag out of my tank, and sent a message to them saying that if they wanted it back they could have it and resell or whatever.

Also, I got the kent epoxy for putting my rocks together.. is this stuff reef safe once the water and everything is set up? Snails keep knocking my frags down into the sand, so I need to get these things secured, any tips?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I got the kent epoxy for putting my rocks together.. is this stuff reef safe once the water and everything is set up? Snails keep knocking my frags down into the sand, so I need to get these things secured, any tips?

Yeah it's safe. It works best if you make a superglue/epoxy sandwich. So put a dab of superglue on the bottom of the frag plug, then a bit of epoxy, then another dab of superglue. Then you stick it where you want it and it'll be good to go. There's an article here on NR that has instructions with pictures.

• Like 1

Yeah it's safe. It works best if you make a superglue/epoxy sandwich. So put a dab of superglue on the bottom of the frag plug, then a bit of epoxy, then another dab of superglue. Then you stick it where you want it and it'll be good to go. There's an article here on NR that has instructions with pictures.

Thanks man!

Is there anything I can do to go ahead and try and avoid any of the leftover bryopsis (if any) to spread?

Just noticed my Acan has it on it as well! WHAT THE ####!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking a closer look at the zoa frag it has a Majavo on it as well. I'm pissed. 60 bucks worth of frags, I really don't want to lose my Acan, what should I do? Maybe I can scrape off the zoas on the one plug, and transplant the acans to it? is this possible?

Manual removal is a start but it won't get you very far. Peroxide dips are your best bet IMO. Alternatively, you could treat your entire tank with magnesium, but that takes a couple weeks. Other than that there really aren't many options unless you just throw your frags away.

Manual removal is a start but it won't get you very far. Peroxide dips are your best bet IMO. Alternatively, you could treat your entire tank with magnesium, but that takes a couple weeks. Other than that there really aren't many options unless you just throw your frags away.

Is my tank pretty much guaranteed to be infested already? The frags have been in there for like 4 days.

It's hard to say... If it hasn't physically spread from your frags to your rock then I think you are still fine. I'm not sure what conditions bryopsis would have to be in before it released spores.

It's hard to say... If it hasn't physically spread from your frags to your rock then I think you are still fine. I'm not sure what conditions bryopsis would have to be in before it released spores.

fml. I guess I will just toss the frags. Never buying locally again.

I'm running to my shop real quick to get a 6 gauge needle so I can cut all the zoas off and glue them to a random rock.. I'll dry the frag plug out and use it later down the road. sigh

Alright, got my gear!

6 gauge needle, and yes I pierce people with these!!!

0BD320AA-70F8-4A5D-B704-A314F381BA85-218

15 gauge needle!

DF9C0F91-2506-4BD4-A769-DE7379ABB6FF-218

And yes, I couldn't forget to stop and get Twizzlers..

Deleted User 4

Hey man, be careful when cutting your zoas. They have paly toxins which can get into your eyes when fragging. Wear goggles and gloves. Also, wash your hands thoroughly after.

Those paly toxins are bad news.

Well, we lost em.

The bryopsis was all over the coral itself. so yeah.. I tossed them both, but I did get one free frag plug out of it. Still pretty pissed with my LFS though.

• Like 1

You are welcome Begow I had your picture deleted because you had a blank check on your table with account and routing #'s visible. I didn't want to draw attention to it in the thread.

Gotta watch that stuff when taking pictures my friend. Look at the pictures and whats in them before posting them buddy. ;)

Yeah I deleted it off, didn't even realize :P

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Now you can delete that comment lolol.

Did you get my latest pm? Hmmm.

• Like 1

Well the two corals are out of the tank, and I nuked the frag plug (literally, put it in microwave)

So I'm waiting for my LFS to write me back on facebook, and see what we can do. i don't know if they'll refund me.. but this is bull shit!

$80 for shipping?! I'm impatient but holy damn! That is a coral or two!

Sometimes ya gotta race..

Now you can delete that comment lolol.

Did you get my latest pm? Hmmm.

Yeah I got it. :D

I do the same stuff. I caught it pretty quick and was on it. Now you just have to worry about me. Muuuuuaaaahhhhhhh

Thanks for being so quick man, very thankful!

• Like 1

That is why you buy corals from people like me. Pest free tanks. I also like Morgan at the reef gardener her tanks are pest free. You might see where she is at in Florida and check her tanks out.

Also see if you have a reef club local. You can hook up with local members and get cheap corals.

That is why you buy corals from people like me. Pest free tanks. I also like Morgan at the reef gardener her tanks are pest free. You might see where she is at in Florida and check her tanks out.

Also see if you have a reef club local. You can hook up with local members and get cheap corals.

Will be doing this from now on. I hate the shipping costs, but I would much rather deal with no pests.

I comb my local stores but always end up buying online. I usually save money and place a big enough order to get free shipping. Reef gardener offers cheap shipping to florida.

• Like 2
Deleted User 4

I've bought my corals from all of them except for addictingcorals.

All pestfree.

Well I meant from the two frags that were just in my tank. I'm really sad to see my acans go, they made me feel happy about the tank lol

Thanks god Lawnman's Wellso is coming in this week.

• Like 1

Archived