Cultivated Reef

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

Yeah, the shrimp is in! I cut it in three small pieces so it would spread more. Can't wait to get something in here to measure the damn flow.. Will drive me crazy not knowing if there is dead spots on the opposite side of the tank!

Thanks for the words Reeftech! :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any opinions/experience on the best settings for the MP-10 in a 20g long? I'm looking for something that will keep flow through out the whole system, even if it's not continual.

lol, yeah I played with that setting for a while.. Is this a feasible setting to run all day long though?

And how the #### is that guy not getting vortexes?!?!?!?

My tank stays pretty filled, I don't like the water level lower than the trimming, so I don't want to bitch to be going that high!

TeflonTomDosh

lol, yeah I played with that setting for a while.. Is this a feasible setting to run all day long though?

My tank stays pretty filled, I don't like the water level lower than the trimming, so I don't want to bitch to be going that high!

You can set how much it rocks. You can also do long pulse mode. When I had my 2 mp10w I used to LOVE having the wave rock back n forth. Most people here use Reef Crest though.

Cause it only sends out short bursts of flow, not long enough to suck enough water down to create the vortex I would assume. Or maybe he has the new invisible mp10 shield

• Like 1

You can set how much it rocks. You can also do long pulse mode. When I had my 2 mp10w I used to LOVE having the wave rock back n forth. Most people here use Reef Crest though.

Cause it only sends out short bursts of flow, not long enough to suck enough water down to create the vortex I would assume. Or maybe he has the new invisible mp10 shield

Maybe :P

I'm using the reef crest now, but I guess I can't really gauge how good the flow is when it's on the resting portion.. It seems to not be putting out much, but we will see once I get corals I guess.

Reef crest is a good choice. I'd start it out at around 50% power and go up or down based on how everything reacts. I prefer having flow on the higher side but my favorite corals (euphyllias) don't do well in higher flow, so I have to play with MP10 settings and coral placement for a bit until I get to a point where everything is happy.

Maybe :P

I'm using the reef crest now, but I guess I can't really gauge how good the flow is when it's on the resting portion.. It seems to not be putting out much, but we will see once I get corals I guess.

short pulse! FTW!
  • Like 1

I guess I'm just over-thinking the whole flow thing. I have no living things in the tank as of now, so I just can't see how the flow is in the tank. I placed it on the left side of my tank, and have it on Reef Crest // 75%

I will try more things out once shit goes in the tank lol

Do you guys put yours on sleep mode at night? or keep them going all the time? Feel like it takes a beating, especially with how loud this shitter is.

Contact Eco tech and have it replaced before you get corals in the tank?!

From what I've read they can be noisy for the first week or two and then quiet down. And they say they're pretty much never going to be silent. I think it being in my living room makes it more noticeable. Everytime it goes up in power it takes my attention away from whatever I'm doing.

From what I've read they can be noisy for the first week or two and then quiet down. And they say they're pretty much never going to be silent. I think it being in my living room makes it more noticeable. Everytime it goes up in power it takes my attention away from whatever I'm doing.

They do get quieter after a while. You also get used to the noise they do make. If you still think it's really loud, double check to make sure the wet and dry sides are as lined up as possible. Even having them off by a tiny bit causes them to make a lot more noise.

No video for me just a pic.

Edit:Oh yeah we forgot to mention to lightly wrap the shrimp in panty hose or filter floss with a rubber band around it to keep it from getting all in the tank. :D

TeflonTomDosh

You have to click it ;)

me too. it's a pic of a video. make sure you carry move that shrimp from tank to trash can with your hand when it starts decomposing. leave it in the trash uncovered or the cycle will not work properly :D

me too. it's a pic of a video. make sure you carry move that shrimp from tank to trash can with your hand when it starts decomposing. leave it in the trash uncovered or the cycle will not work properly :D

That was tough to read..

What do you mean? lol

http://s1338.beta.photobucket.com/user/Begow1/media/IMG_0495_zpsba2c218e.mp4.html

There's a link to the video, check out that sound!

I've twisted it like 100 different ways, the noise doesn't go down lol

Hmm that's strange. My MP10 was considered "loud" but it seems like yours has something strange going on. Most Vortechs I've heard just hum, whereas yours makes a little bit of a rattling sound. :eek:

The wife and my oldest dog:

24059_1254300922910_1110211_n_zps72ec8a7

Me in the middle with some buddies right before we cleaned up the bike trails at 7:30AM. I ain't scured.

530408_253572681436047_1124329085_n_zpsb

One more for fun, I swear this is not a staged picture. My boss told me not to move so I thought I was seriously hurt. He was grabbing his camera. This is what happens when you get a flat tire halfway down a 30ft long super steep ass hill filled with rocks and roots.

148516_10151318987674764_1312635562_n_zp

• Like 1

Archived