Cultivated Reef

Begow's Money Trap! Crazy Aggressive Chalice and New Clown Video..

Begow

The livesand thats in a big ass bag that says live sand on it and has a bunch of water that weighs the bag down and makes it harder for me to carry in the house. :P

Right haha. If it's just that pre-packaged stuff and not live sand directly out of someone's tank then it should not cause a cycle to start.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh okay. Damn I don't want to add a damn shrimp haha.

How do people start up a tank and then add corals like the same damn week?

I used some nitrifying bacteria my LFS sells today as well, so my ammonia might be low from that.

I know patience is key, but I ####ing hate waiting haha.

I've been browsing fish I might possibly want, and everything that is nice requires feeding throughout the day! Damn!

Linespot Flasher Wrasse is an awesome fish, but they say they don't graze so they need to be fed multiple times a day.

Ahh okay. Damn I don't want to add a damn shrimp haha.

How do people start up a tank and then add corals like the same damn week?

I used some nitrifying bacteria my LFS sells today as well, so my ammonia might be low from that.

I know patience is key, but I ####ing hate waiting haha.

They use established live rock with little to no die-off. When this is the case there is not really a cycle besides a mini diatom blue or a little cyano. Nothing serious though. Sometimes those people are just transferring a tank like I just did.

I believe so.

Is it sturdy? And btw I LOVE the scape!

It's extremely sturdy, I have it leveled perfectly on my ceramic tile floor, that was the most difficult part.

Updated for today!!!!!!!!!

BEC975A4-E549-415C-913F-BF1A92B5D3F4-116

572BD5E0-E3BA-4F19-9B1F-36689053F6C2-116

62AD4DFA-F08A-4D0A-B73B-72232FE8AEB5-116

4023D470-01DD-4E9A-899F-D7221A434124-116

And I washed my car today :D :D

2C001CBA-C08A-4FD0-8727-02AE769CC0E6-116

Once the tank gets to temperature I'm going to do my first set of tests.

I'm a little disapointed with the MP-10, you never read about how loud they are until you get one lol. I will most likely have to buy a shield for it as well, I can't get it above say 75% without it causing a vortex or sand storm. The settings can be a bit confusing as well, the only one I can get to work right is Lagoon. Everything else just sits there for ever and never changes.

Yeah I think its that way with a lot of things with aquariums. I just hope the lagoon settings will be enough for me.. I have it peaking at like, the 4th LED from the end.

One other issue I'm finding with the tank so far, is that if I look at the water level from the inside of the tank, I can see a white layer of cloudy stuff. Will this eventually go away or what? I've had my AC-70 running all night and day (empty for now) and still pretty cloudy on top.

you might have to get something to skim your water surface

badfish reef systems i believe make a skiming box that fits with the AC

you might have to get something to skim your water surface

badfish reef systems i believe make a skiming box that fits with the AC

Wow dude thanks a lot!!!!! 40 bucks for a surface skimmer, AND a media basket. I wonder how the surface skimmer works though? The AC sucks water in via a tube... hmmm

Wow dude thanks a lot!!!!! 40 bucks for a surface skimmer, AND a media basket. I wonder how the surface skimmer works though? The AC sucks water in via a tube... hmmm

the teeth on the surface skimmer only let the 1/4" of the top drop down to the tube. :) get it! 40$ and it come with another aqua clear

there is a video on youtube i believe

Yeah I agree, I just really wanted to keep the clean look (hence why I went with the MP10) and that will take away from it.. sigh

agree , but might look better then a tube sticking down ?

In person it's not all that bad, way less noticeable than a big box hanging out into the tank over my rock work :P I spent so much time on this rock work and I don't wanna change it! Damn! Is there any other way to achieve surface skimming?

Also, I just finally figured out the setting on the MP-10, I'm using Reef Crest now.. It's really cool, goes from 30%-100% randomly and gets everything moving around. I hate that I don't have coral because I can't see how far the flow is reaching. I added a cocktail shrimp in now.. So hopefully this will kick start the cycle. I want to get this whole thing started!

• Like 1

Great start!Cant wait to see it stocked.

I use the raw shrimp method but if you prefer the fish method then get a chromis so that you wont be stuck with a possible mean !@# fish.

Imo i would mount the controller on the underside of the tank so that way no water can splash on it or it get bumped.

Edit:saw that you added a shrimp.

Archived