SaltCritters.com

Spencer's Sexy Small Polyped Sixty: From Frags to Riches (Retired)

Spencer7

I go snail-less on my tank because they scratch the glass, they always fall down, upside down. And they leave trail marks.

Snails scratch your glass? Did you have some sort of hulk snails wearing metal cleats?

• Like 7

What settings are you using on the camera? Those pictures are wicked dark.

lol, don't worry about it.

The dark pics are under like 12w of LED

Also if I use flash or let in more light the color gets very offset.

I go snail-less on my tank because they scratch the glass, they always fall down, upside down. And they leave trail marks.

No trochus are scratching my 1/2" glass :D

I do got hermit-less for obvious reasons, first problem i've had with snails...

jedimasterben

lol, don't worry about it.

The dark pics are under like 12w of LED

Also if I use flash or let in more light the color gets very offset.

Shouldn't do that, unless something is wrong with the camera or you have your settings wonky.

Shouldn't do that, unless something is wrong with the camera or you have your settings wonky.

If little light is reaching the mirror, the pic will be dark.

I keep it on manual so that the camera doesn't try to adjust the aperture to like 2 and the shutter speed (iso) to like 1/60th

Bottom line, I was trying to take dark pics, nothing is wrong with the camera :P

EDIT: When I mean colors getting offset, I mean the color of the coral, I was trying to show the bright green and as I'm sure you know, the flash will just do a poopy yellow

Snails scratch your glass? Did you have some sort of hulk snails wearing metal cleats?

Lol. From past experience, snails sometimes use their shell opening edges to scratch the glass while leaving a trail.

I know plenty of people who don't buy snails for that same reason.

With that in mind, I had a vision.

It's not a big deal, but I'm taking out my Candy coral to make room, it's done very well and has gone from two eyes to about 40.

For those who don't know, its the coral next to the acan, brown with bright green eyes and white dash marks.

Looks great under actinics, no one here feels like paying a bunch for it right? lol

My tilefish is now eating pellets.

After watching the anthias go nuts for them every other day for 2 weeks I guess he decided to give them a try.

He eat ~10 pellets, a few of which were out of my hand.

He's definitely one of the calmer tiles I've encountered...

• Like 1

Tilefish found a loose spot in the netting

Carpet Surfed

Needless to say, I'm going to take a break from fish for a little bit.

Starting with the Brooklyn Frag Swap on the 17th however, I'm buying a lot of coral!

After I go to the swap, I'm buying 3-4 pieces from Cultivated (+ maybe DD)

Only problem with tank has been bryopsis, I trim it down once a week, may need to find a more permanent solution. Media (GFO?).

I'm going to stop dosing any organics for sure (FM Ultra Organic, KZ Spongepower, Reef Vitality)

• Like 1

I've kept my word.

Brought home a green dragon frag, large purple table frag, blue stag piece, and a red dragon piece.

Frag Swap and Cultivated a next.

• Like 2

Before Spring of 2014

-Buy and Setup an Automatic Dosing Unit (Looking at BM-T01and ARKA VIDA-H4) :rant:

-Buy a Potassium Test Kit and Potassium Supplement :rant:

-Upgrade Return Pump (Sicce 3.0 to Sicce 4.0) :rant:

-Clean and Organize Sump :rant:

-Clean and Organize Electronics :rant:

-Restock on Dosing Juices :rant:

-Play Around with Some More Bulb Configurations :rant:

-Setup a Small Experimental Reactor (Looking at IM Minimax 1000mL) :rant:

-Restock on Iodine :rant:

-More Coral :ninja:

-Restock on Coral Dip and Coral Glue :ninja:

10669860623_30a1c98eb2.jpg

Preparations have been made for tomorrow's photo shoot.

Just finished the WC

Minor Hiccup: I dipped the purple granny frag and broke off the red planet frag, and since I ran out of glue, you won't be seeing either in the FTS. Sorry bout' dat.

Tank looks clean.

I am so very sorry for the out of focus shots. Sincerely. I tried to keep the related photos together. For half the coral I got a top down shot and a side shot to show any subtle nuances (top downs are a little more photo friendly IMO).

Enjoy! :happydance:

Sorry guys. Deep purple/brown table, light colored polyps.

I have large frags that will be for sale! Green Tenius with blue tips! Growing fast in my tank, large polyps.

Nightlight Acro, Notice the blue tips, green polyps, designer low light acro

Slow grower, but I have high hopes of it tabling, color is decent, you can tell it's a SSC

:eek: Beautiful, Spencer's Tricolor Table, Purple/Green/Blue. Frag available.

Where's the purple you ask?...

My 3-year old clam, it's been in this tank since week 2 or 3, before then, it was in my cube. I keep it hidden in this tank.

Foreshadow. New colony, I've had for about a week. Sorry for the water motion.

2nd Batch is Coming!

Let me know how the first one was!

Feel free to ask Q's.

(Although a lot of the technical Q's can be answered with a short trip to Post #1)

• Like 4

Your out of focus is better than me with a DSLR :bowdown:

Thank you, after this, I can give you some pointers (or at least what works with me), if you would like.

Batch #2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101209501@N04/10714635505/'>10714635505_4938011d80_b.jpg

Color has darkened, slightly out of focus, I have one frag of the Cali Tort.
Northern Lights Granulosa
My precious Pearlberry, fastest grower in the tank as well!
Fatso

Minor Hiccup: I dipped the purple granny frag and broke off the red planet frag, and since I ran out of glue, you won't be seeing either in the FTS. Sorry bout' dat.

The Red planet pieice is visible, I will glue him up on Friday.

• Like 5

Loving that setosa looks amazing and the pearlberry looks great too. I lost my PB a while back, I think I'll pick up another one soon.

Thanks man, they are both great corals.

Pearlberry's can be finicky but I've never had a problem with this colony, growing like a weed. For example, I know a local colony that will lose color and PE if you frag it at all....or maybe that's what they just keep telling me. lol.

Little disappointed on how empty my tank looks compared to the last FTS, it's mainly because I took out some corals to make room and b/c the stag died. I have a lot of pieces that are not glued upright or are still in the sand as well.

No biggy though, it just means that I will have a more dramatic change between now and 50 days later. :D