ReefCleaners.org

Spencer's Sexy Small Polyped Sixty: From Frags to Riches (Retired)

Spencer7

22 Days until... 6 Month Anniversary

Be there or be square (no offense Squared :P )

Over 30 Pics,

growth shots,

new fish and coral,

and most importantly the FTS!

Be sure not to miss it November 6th!

• Like 2

3.5 is deep. 1 inch not so much.

I know what the definitions are, I just have never looks at my tank and thought, "should I be using a DSB?"

Picking up a Naokae today...

:D

• Like 1
I know what the definitions are, I just have never looks at my tank and thought, "should I be using a DSB?"

Picking up a Naokae today...

:D

I'd leave it it looks great just take care of it and youll be fine

Naoko found dead in acrylic breeder box, was alive last night, parameters and temp in order, the fish acclimated and stayed in darkness for roughly 18 hours.

Not sure what went wrong

My room was vacuumed today, could that have sent it over the edge?

Embarrassing honestly.

My oddly shaped frag.... Note, that I am keeping it at the same level as some of my other low-light corals (i.e Nightlight Acro, Horrida, etc.)

It, like all the corals, has been dipped.

10318769035_6dd327168d_b.jpg
DSC_0002 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
Bright, fluorescent, orange

10318789295_be0468c892_b.jpg
DSC_0001 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
The hawk that had resided in my fuge for a long time, I got him as a little baby and plan to fatten/grow him up before moving him to "The Show"

10319000613_9247e4f3ae_b.jpg
DSC_0016 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
I'm guessing a lot of you didn't know he has been living in the tank, you should always check the first post!

10318844044_1a63bda9fa_b.jpg
DSC_0014 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
I got the pics b/c he was out doing his nightly pod hunting (I have never fed him anything, all natural baby) and luckily wasn't as camera shy as normal
  • Like 2

My oddly shaped frag.... Note, that I am keeping it at the same level as some of my other low-light corals (i.e Nightlight Acro, Horrida, etc.)

It, like all the corals, has been dipped.

10318769035_6dd327168d_b.jpg
DSC_0002 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
Bright, fluorescent, orange

10318789295_be0468c892_b.jpg
DSC_0001 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
The hawk that had resided in my fuge for a long time, I got him as a little baby and plan to fatten/grow him up before moving him to "The Show"

10319000613_9247e4f3ae_b.jpg
DSC_0016 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
I'm guessing a lot of you didn't know he has been living in the tank, you should always check the first post!

10318844044_1a63bda9fa_b.jpg
DSC_0014 by spencermatonis, on Flickr
I got the pics b/c he was out doing his nightly pod hunting (I have never fed him anything, all natural baby) and luckily wasn't as camera shy as normal

He looks so angry but so cute!

Geometric pygmy hawkfish/perchlet, I forget

Both are acceptable.

Also closely related to anthias (Plectranthias)

Lol. What kind of hawk is it? It looks different.

People have trouble getting them to eat prepared foods, also depending on how big your tank is, you may only see him/her once a month at 1:00am

• Like 2

I got a 20-eye green reverse prism Favia, white eyes.

You think $90 was a reasonable price? It's healthy and clean. How much would a 2x2" piece normally go for?

I'm not very experienced with prism favia's. I figure low lighting (low for my tank), I have it on the sand at the moment, I will probably keep it at the same height as the acan (low). In my experience, they are one of the few corals that can do fine with very little flow, while also being able to tolerate a ton of flow (I picture them like boulders in a tidal zone, similar to a maze or brain)

What do you guys think?

I'm getting a another piece of Favia that is bright blue for free later in the week.

Mmmm need a picture to determine worthy of $90 or not...

kk, I will post one tomorrow afternoon. I'm not going to return it or anything, just curious.

I thought it was slightly high, but I'm not experienced in buying them...

• Like 1

I did my best to get a proper pic, but sadly failed, you'll have to use your imagination...

I couldn't capture the green, so here is an exact look alike as far as color, the only difference is that my colony is smaller, has white eyes, and the heads are not so sunken in/grooved.

I'm happy with it, maybe worth $20 or $30 less but I will probably keep this thing for a while.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's not worth $95. Sorry to tell you the truth. It's a typical favia I've seen around all the time over here in CA.

Maybe favias/corals are more pricey in your area?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not worth $95. Sorry to tell you the truth. It's a typical favia I've seen around all the time over here in CA.

Maybe favias/corals are more pricey in your area?

I don't really care, no worries, I kind of expected that. :D

Less than two weeks until 6-month anniversary, it's a big'un! :lol:

I think everyone will agree that the tank is heading in the "right" direction...

• Like 1

I have literally 4 or so snails just upside down on the sand

They are losing their will to live and hold suction

I help them flip over, but somethings up with them.

Clam, SPS, Conches, fish, are all fine

Temp is at 76.5

Salinity is at 1.025

No heavy metals

I'm sure this has happened before to others, so enlighten me, if you feel like it...

• Like 1