Cultivated Reef

Spencer's Sexy Small Polyped Sixty: From Frags to Riches (Retired)

Spencer7

More like whatever you can afford. I'd love to be able to spend more money on other things.

Thankfully I still have my parents to pay for things like food, water, clothing, and shelter. I'm spending all my job money I on this tank while I still can, before I go to college (That's when this tank will be broken down).

If you search hard and find one nice zoa (you can call it the Magna zoa).

Grow it out and sell it online, open up a thread on every forum with a price, pic and description of your rare find.

Charge $50 for a polyp and expand from there.

I'm not telling you to rip off people, my point is that some purchases can be justified by looking at the long term and the possible return on investment.

devilsadvocate

Thankfully I still have my parents to pay for things like food, water, clothing, and shelter. I'm spending all my job money I on this tank while I still can, before I got to college (That's when this tank will be broken down).

pssshhh, who goes to college. NEET for life.

I'm preparing to do an order from BRS.

Potassium Test Kit

KZ K-Balance

1.5l Zeovit Starter Package

I won't actually start doing K+ for a good bit, but I might as well get what I need.

Test Results (11/23)

Ca--475

(Lowering to 425)

KH--7.5

(Lowering to 7)

Mg--1450

(Raised for Bryopsis, dropping it back down)

PO4--0.01

(Lowest ever, too low IMO, but since I'm preparing for Zeovit, it's a good place to be)

NO3--0

(Staying put)

:D

Tank's looking good, I still have bryopsis, ordering my reactor tomorrow along with a few other goodies.

Glued down a few corals, the tank is PACKED! I still have like four pieces that I can glue down and like ten frags to sell.

Before Spring of 2014

-Buy and Setup an Automatic Dosing Unit (ARKA VIDA-H4) :rant:

-Buy a Potassium Test Kit and Potassium Supplement (January) :rant:

-Add more Flow (Replace return and add another circulator) :rant:

-Clean and Organize Sump :ninja:

-Clean and Organize Electronics :rant:

-Get the system running on Zeovit :rant:

-Play Around with Some More Bulb Configurations :rant:

-Buy a Reactor (Vertex 1.5) :ninja:

-Restock on Iodine :ninja:

-More Coral :ninja:

-Restock on Coral Dip and Coral Glue :ninja:

• Like 1

U's got some perty colored sticks. Enjoyed all the pics on the last several pages.

thx, yea dez puuurtttyy (ma-ma-maaake me haappy).

-Simple jack

• Like 2

So, I ordered a small mod for the reactor (to ensure the little ZEOlites don't clogged the holes).

I am timing everything so that during my next water change I will get the whole zeovit system set up and running.

After I taking an extremely close look at about 3 acros that have lost some PE and color it is clear that red bugs have survived (could have been there eggs) and multiplied in my tank. Everything was dipped in more than recommended concentrations before being added, some have been dipped three times. I'm taking the clams out, temporarily, and will start using interceptor.

I will say that I'm glad that the problem is very clear and it should be an "easy" fix. I say this having experience with plenty of reef pests (like a lot of people here). I also say this because I know the pieces will bounce back, and with SPS frequently, there can be undetectable problems/factors and we are baffled to see a colony doing well RTN overnight. I would rather have it be a real tangible cause and affect.

Did a WC, ordered interceptor, installing the reactor this week and starting the system. Tank looks mediocre. The two corals I mentioned earlier (:P) will come this Thursday.

Can't wait to get the system back on track and growing, my baby has been stalled for a month.

I know you guys won't believe me. Or at least the majority of you won't.

BUT

My giant acan just sucked the life out of an anthias.

I know your saying that the acan doesn't have that kind of strength and that the anthias probably was dead/dying and just drifted into the colony. But that was not the case. It was pretty gruesome.

For whatever reason (no new fish, tank's clean, no changes) my orangeline cardinal has stopped eating after 8 months of eating like a pig. What gives? (lol)

I already feed Selcon and garlic enriched food, plenty of variety.

He also has had a territory marked out (by the acan, and against right side), but has since left that area to drift aimlessly in the dead center, directly against the glass, still swimming and breathing normally. This makes me think the anthias have taken over.

What do you guys think? I will probably just bring him back to the store and put him in a big ass 180g coral tank, or in a quieter tank.

No way it's old age, right? Colors do seem a bit faded but no ich or exterior parasites.

Thanks,

-S

The little cardinals like that do not have long lives.

He seems like a pretty big mofo to me, lol.

When you say "little", I think more about parvulus.

I will say, however, Orangeline's do not ship well.

I'm currently trying something, if it works, I'll tell you what I did, otherwise it's a secret ;)

Thanks for the response Jedi. :)