Cultivated Reef

Spencer's Sexy Small Polyped Sixty: From Frags to Riches (Retired)

Spencer7

I'll be sure to cheer you on for totm when that time comes right before you go to college. :)

Thank you! Will you still cheer now that you know I may be going to college in Cali?

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I'm looking at Berkely

Damn!!! That's an ivy league school.... you must be studious! Don't let this hobby take over your time!! Trust, if you can come out of UC Berkeley in 4 yrs, you can start making big $$$$$$ lolol. My girl cousin graduated from USC in 3 yrs only...same age as me and lol, she's already making big $$$$$$ lol. She makes me look so bad considering we're both the same major, accounting, except I'm studying at a crappy school (Cal Poly Pomona) and it's taking me almost 6 yrs....lol.

Damn!!! That's an ivy league school.... you must be studious! Don't let this hobby take over your time!! Trust, if you can come out of UC Berkeley in 4 yrs, you can start making big $$$$$$ lolol. My girl cousin graduated from USC in 3 yrs only...same age as me and lol, she's already making big $$$$$$ lol. She makes me look so bad considering we're both the same major, accounting, except I'm studying at a crappy school (Cal Poly Pomona) and it's taking me almost 6 yrs....lol.

whoa whoa whoa, you go to school at Pomona? My sister goes there! Not too shabby of a school, don't know about their graduate programs, but I know she graduated with a 4.7 GPA. I don't know where she went wrong in her applications.

I'm big into research, chem, marine bio, etc. Basically the sciences.

Two other top choices are Johns Hopkins and Duke. Keep in mind that these are "reach" schools that I most likely won't get into.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

whoa whoa whoa, you go to school at Pomona? My sister goes there! Not too shabby of a school, don't know about their graduate programs, but I know she graduated with a 4.7 GPA. I don't know where she went wrong in her applications.

I'm big into research, chem, marine bio, etc. Basically the sciences.

Two other top choices are Johns Hopkins and Duke. Keep in mind that these are "reach" schools that I most likely won't get into.

Lol, well, my gpa is about half of hers....LOL!! Your sister got that gpa from highschool??

Are you planning on med school right after BA? You think you'll get into Berkeley?

Get more anthias. Where did you get your Red Saddled?

I got it through Greenwich Aquaria. We have 2 female Purple Queen Anthias in at the moment. I may get one. I am just not sure how much more I wanna push my luck, no dead anthias yet, I'm surprised they haven't started killing each other. I have 6 Anthias in a 40g tank! How many more do you think I can do? lol. The Purple Queens are in my experience the hardest anthias to keep alive. I would love some Ventralis as well, but they like darker tanks, plus we have only gotten them in once. Although they looked amazing, they also can be very shy.

Plus I need to room for my dream fish, very rare, very hard to keep, I'm keeping this last addition a secret, it will take months of preparation.

STUNNING!

Thank you! I take it you like the Ice-Fire Echinata and the Nightlight Acro? I'm hoping the Echinata gets taller, I also hope that as the Nightlight gets denser it will get a bit darker. It has light blue tips with green polyps, if I can the body darker those other features will really pop.

Lol, well, my gpa is about half of hers....LOL!! Your sister got that gpa from highschool??

Are you planning on med school right after BA? You think you'll get into Berkeley?

Yeah, that was at the end of her senior year with AP's. I have to admit, she had a great work ethic.

I don't know honestly, It's the beginning of my junior year and my goal is to maintain above a 4.4. If I can do that then I have a chance. There are also two very important classes that I'm taking that involve competitions at the state and national level depending on how far you get. If I can get any kind of recognition in either of those classes it would look great on my resume.

• Like 1

I got it through Greenwich Aquaria. We have 2 female Purple Queen Anthias in at the moment. I may get one. I am just not sure how much more I wanna push my luck, no dead anthias yet, I'm surprised they haven't started killing each other. I have 6 Anthias in a 40g tank! How many more do you think I can do? lol. The Purple Queens are in my experience the hardest anthias to keep alive. I would love some Ventralis as well, but they like darker tanks, plus we have only gotten them in once. Although they looked amazing, they also can be very shy.

Well i have 7 now. The have had 12 total before. Some traded out and 2 jumped out of tank. I have 2 Randalls, 2 Ventralis, 2 Ignitus, and 1 bicolor. I am going to add 2 Red Saddles and 2 Fatheads and be done. It all depends on your bioload and the temper of the fish. Anthias can be crowded like cichlids in freshwater. Ventralis can adjust to brighter tanks. My max intensity on my radions is at 45% but at 8 inches above the water so it gets bright at peak time, but my light ramps up and down. They come out around certain times. Mine aren't shy at all. They come out when I approach the tank now and then.

Does Greenwich Aquaria have anymore Red Saddled? I would like to purchase 2.

Yea that night light acro is nuts! Where did you get it?

Cherry Corals, look back a few pages to find what they sold it as to me

Well i have 7 now. The have had 12 total before. Some traded out and 2 jumped out of tank. I have 2 Randalls, 2 Ventralis, 2 Ignitus, and 1 bicolor. I am going to add 2 Red Saddles and 2 Fatheads and be done. It all depends on your bioload and the temper of the fish. Anthias can be crowded like cichlids in freshwater. Ventralis can adjust to brighter tanks. My max intensity on my radions is at 45% but at 8 inches above the water so it gets bright at peak time, but my light ramps up and down. They come out around certain times. Mine aren't shy at all. They come out when I approach the tank now and then.

Does Greenwich Aquaria have anymore Red Saddled? I would like to purchase 2.

I'll check, g2g to school

• Like 1

I have a special treat for you guys! It's uploading right now!

This is a thanks to the recent compliments/publicity that have come up.

It is pics of a tank that a coworker and I share at the store, 180g Red Sea!

9790006424_2dd649e543_b.jpg

9790058876_fe790a8ffd_b.jpg
I also have 2 Planted Freshwater Nanos at the store, just as fantastic, I will upload those once I get to 20 followers... :D
If you click the links below, the pics should get bigger.
  • Like 4

No!!!! Why? Why the acans 1st?? You suck.

You're such a strange little man. I see you blasting any coral that isn't a scoly, and it has to be a little baby scoly at that. Trips me out man...

You're such a strange little man. I see you blasting any coral that isn't a scoly, and it has to be a little baby scoly at that. Trips me out man...

He was a bit obsessive about seeing my acan go, but give him a break, he said he will stop. I don't want this to get ugly, at least not on my thread.

• Like 2

He was a bit obsessive about seeing my acan go, but give him a break, he said he will stop. I don't want this to get ugly, at least not on my thread.

I've already been through it with him, won't happen again. Just stating my observation.

That LFS tank is gorgeous btw!!

Did you check on the Red Saddled?

I have school during the week, I will email my boss about ordering some more in, I think were out.

Honestly, it is ridiculously expensive to ship for us, it would be make much more sense to just be patient and get one off L.A when they arrive, or talk to your LFS.

I've already been through it with him, won't happen again. Just stating my observation.

That LFS tank is gorgeous btw!!

Thanks, for both. The stores main display tank is a 580g reef that was featured in Tony Vargas's book (page 240).

The pics and info are a little dated, but it gives you a good idea.

Deleted User 4

I'm only blasting his huge acan colony. Not really blasting on his sps ha. Matter of fact, I love his sps collection...

Oh and I only try to get baby sized scolys because they're a lot cheaper lol. :D

Yeah it seems like every time I try to convince you to take that huge acan colony out, it doesn't work even to the slightest bit of a chance... lol.