Coral Vue Hydros

Spencer's Sexy Small Polyped Sixty: From Frags to Riches (Retired)

Spencer7

Day 92

Everything is happy and well fed, relations between the two wrasses have improved slightly however if I ever commit on getting a Leopard wrasse (once tank is mature) I will most likely remove the Tonozukai.

The corals all have polyp extension and seem to be growing.

The rock and sand is sparkling clean despite never really having been cleaned. All parameters have been on the money, even so I am doing my usual WC tomorrow so you can expect pics.

I have cabinet doors coming along with the Ecoxotic lights which have been due for a week now :angry:, the fuge and sump is growing all sorts of algae that otherwise would be in the main tank, for that which, I am grateful.

The next official FTS will either be on Day 100 or Day 120...

Comments, Q's, Concerns?

I successfully removed the Tonozukai after 30 mins, 3 nets, 3 hands, and knocking over lots coral...

Testing my water today.

Brought home today a LOVELY Red Dragon that is an inch tall and an inch in circumference from the top down due to all of its little branches (around 15) which means it is set up to have a killer growth pattern.

Also got a small Elegance Coral that will reside in the back of tank. My only concern with it, from past experience, is that they are very sensitive to light (specifically, too much) so I may be moving that around to cater to its needs.

Here is an FTS from earlier today (before new corals were added)

DSC_0009_zps21ab00bb.jpg

The Pearlberry from the side, may not be as flattering as from the top, but it is right now my favorite piece.

file_zps920bf49c.jpg

The Red Dragon, acclimated and showing a few feeder polyps on its first night! :D

CSC_0019_zpsf8884518.jpg

Why I will be taking a short intermission from coral spending...

DSC_0018_zps086a8c78.jpg

• Like 1

The linespot wrasse died, I blame insomnia ;p

Was eating fine, didn't jump, no sickness, I moved the Tono out a week ago for a few reason...

-Slight bully

-Colors never did/nor will they develop into full beauty in this tank (unimpressive)

-Make room

-Looked too similar to Linespot, whom I liked more

I thought removing him would take a lot of weight off the linespots shoulders, but maybe he just got lonely.

Pearlberry is growing. Red Dragon is still alive and colorful. I might take out the chalice, colors aren't popping under these lights, takes up space.

You always have a random excuse for your deaths. You do know your lack of coral color has nothing to do with light right?

You can't say it has nothing to do lighting. That is a VERY blunt and ignorant statement that is simply not true. Of course feeding/nutrients/bioload/natural feeding from a refugium plays a role, trace elements* and dosing plays a role, pests play a role, placement plays a role, flow plays a role, light schedule plays a role, hell even having soft corals with SPS can hurt color b/c of toxins released. There is more where that came from too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as my so called "excuses"...

"The linespot wrasse died, I blame insomnia ;p "

It was a joke dipshit, who put a bug up ur butt? That is why I did a winky face and a :P

If you must know I said this b/c the night before he was leaning against the glass to sleep (which is somewhat normal) but he moved around more than usual as if he was having trouble sleeping or simply wasn't comfortable (Lack of hiding spots? Too much flow? Insufficient ___?). I go on to say "maybe he just got lonely" I say this b/c this type of flasher wrasse is known to... "much of the time Linespot Flasher Wrasse prefer schooling in the water column with other wrasse." (source) and I took that "other wrasse" away from him. Plus I'm sure you have heard stories of a clownfish m or f (or any kind of pair) die, then the partner/widow seems to sulk and die.

He and the Exquisite (who suffered acclimation issues) are the only two fish that have died in my tank. I don't know if you thought the Tono died or something, he probably was the healthiest fish (and oldest) but I liked the Linespot more. What other fish are you talking about?

You do know that when I am listing out common or uncommon death factors it is me not only informing you guys, but also to help me make a mental checklist and figure out the true cause of his death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I have heard arguments both for and against trace elements

Can I please get a 3rd party to comment on what is now a debacle?

I consider my response both rational and thorough in explaining, evaluating, and addressing all of his arguments.

That is below my pay grade, it's kind of funny you say that though since we don't even sell feeder fish. Looking at the numbers there just isn't enough profit involved. I mainly talk with customers, run the 250g frag system, run a 180g personal tank at the store, and even a little service (most notably a amazing 1000g reef, I'm sure you would love it, very well setup, doing well, fish and scape are spectacular, it's a blast and a privilege to work on).

Is this because you think I have something against the NRA or something?

You didn't even take the time to read my response. How does that look when trying to make a point?

If you're going to make a point (at least on my thread) do a good job of it.

Be constructive and inform me of something, don't just do personal assaults...

Ok genius, go bag some feeder fish.

-------&

--------/-------------\

------/-----------------\

-----/-------------------\

---/-----------------------\

--/--------------------------\

-| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ |

|<o)))>< <o)))><<o)))>< |

-| <o)))>< <o)))>< |

|------------------------|

-----\ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ /

lolololololol That took a long time.

WOO HOO!

LOOK AT THE BEAUTIES I JUST ORDERED!

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/SpenceDaFence/media/ScreenShot2013-08-02at72030PM_zpsbac24210.png.html'>ScreenShot2013-08-02at72030PM_zpsbac2421

So good, it even has a name!

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/SpenceDaFence/media/ScreenShot2013-08-03at53727PM_zpscc7e37b9.png.html'>ScreenShot2013-08-03at53727PM_zpscc7e37b

THANK YOU CHERRY (Especially Brett)! I'll show you guys pics when they arrive, all pieces are WYSIWYG.

• Like 2

the moneys you are spending is a lot of monies! neat stuff though. cherry corals seems to have some really good prices on most of there stuff, not overpriced like sexy or reef raft..

the moneys you are spending is a lot of monies! neat stuff though. cherry corals seems to have some really good prices on most of there stuff, not overpriced like sexy or reef raft..

Some people spend tons on Zoas, some on SPS, some on Chalices and LPS, I prefer to do it all!

lolol

But you won't catch me dead with sum bum ass softy :P

Oh yeah, totally, some zoas are amazing. Especially under LED's In fact I've flipped through listings, only thing is, I did not like some and liked others.

Turns out a few that I liked were $20-$35 while the ones I didn't were $400+

Worse than the chalice boom

I had some rics, or should I say a green ric in my old tank, started out nickel and turned into 2 silver dollars, yet never split.

They are very weird and finicky growers.

Wait, why are some of the posts in 48 font?

ITS CALLED 24 font!

and it's cuz that's how awesome they are!

if I'm not saying much than it's easier on the eyes (; for the reader. Same reason I space what I right, bold, and underline. My first post is a great example of this, I spend a lot of time making that info easy to access and process while being legible.

^

|

Top half is so much quicker and easier to read, the font looks

better and the words are clearer, the bottom blurb kind

of becomes secondary, you fly by it, either skipping a lot of info

or having to reread it.

• Like 1

Lmao..............now you're just plain weird. Makes sense why you've kept that scape from that poll.

:)

im so confused

mixed signals hurt my head

• Like 1