Top Shelf Aquatics

55 Gallon - 2 years old

bencollinz

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Snail eggs and diatoms. Diatoms eat silicates so once your sand and rock have had most of the silica eaten they won't return. Don't freak out about it like my buddy from work. LOL. I have a bloom on my sand right now and it looks awful but it's no big deal. Looks like it's coming along well!

Lowering the turnover rate through your sump will also make the baffles more effective at catching the bubbles.

I did that and then I get an air bubble in my overflow tube. I just can't win. haha.

look at this...crazy!

http://livestock.aquasd.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_98&product_id=2311

still great looking and gives me something to do while I wait for my son to fall asleep. I can't wait for mine to look like this.

when i had an issue with microbubbles, it was from the exit of my skimmer. all i did was add a filter sock to the exit of the skimmer and problem solved. plus it added another form of mechanical filtration.

went to the LFS toofishy.com to get my fish...

absolutely none of the ones I want in stock, wtf, my luck.

went to the LFS toofishy.com to get my fish...

absolutely none of the ones I want in stock, wtf, my luck.

Are you keeping the list incognito?

BattleAthletics

when i had an issue with microbubbles, it was from the exit of my skimmer. all i did was add a filter sock to the exit of the skimmer and problem solved. plus it added another form of mechanical filtration.

The bubbles was from my skimmer also. I didnt know a skimmer had to be broken in thrice times!

still battling microbubbles. haven't tried the polyfill yet but I may add two more baffles, I don't really want to have to change the polyfill after x amount of days.

I used it for a couple of days while the skimmer was breaking in. Not so much now

Yup your tank is becomming biologically active! Get ready for the diatoms because things are fixin to get brown ;)

You have no idea, I have to clean the glass every day. But yet again I have a 4" sandbed. I have it because I had "some" left over from my Evolve that im still ####ing around with. I plan to use it on the refug, hopefully its be ok there.

BattleAthletics

my skimmer isn't even in the sump yet, so that definitely wasn't the issue.

I didnt say it was your issue, that was my issue whenever my flow would flow into the second chamber/ return pump. If the flow is too turbulent then it will return microbubbles.

any issues with my list?

Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse

Royal Gramma Basslet

Tail Spot Blenny

Diamond Watchman Goby

Black and White Clownfish

Black Photon Clownfish

Ocellaris Clownfish

I may need to throw a Tang in there to eat this algae growing everywhere until it's gone.

And where do you think I can get them all in one place? I know the photon is the odd one out.

any issues with my list?

Royal Gramma Basslet

Tail Spot Blenny

Diamond Watchman Goby

Black Photon Clownfish

Ocellaris Clownfish

I may need to throw a Tang in there to eat this algae growing everywhere until it's gone.

And where do you think I can get them all in one place? I know the photon is the odd one out.

I just want to add something, I had a diamond watchman goby and i thought i would let you know a few things. They sometimes can create sandstorms from all the sand they stir up, they eat beneficial critters(pods) in the sand, they can create piles of sand,smalll rocks, or shells in multiple places, and they can create tunnels under your rocks and possibly cause some to calapse/fall (i think i spelled it right lol). Anyways, just thought i would let you know from what i know and have heard.

bencollinz

any issues with my list?

Royal Gramma Basslet

Tail Spot Blenny

Diamond Watchman Goby

Black Photon Clownfish

Ocellaris Clownfish

JamesHL88

First response gets to name them right?I vote for The Purple Headed Monster and Mrs. Brown Nose

Nice quarantine too btw.... kuddos for being proactive :)

bencollinz

First response gets to name them right? I vote for The Purple Headed Monster and Mrs. Brown Nose

Nice quarantine too btw.... kuddos for being proactive :)

yea, I wasn't sure if I needed to QT being that they were my first fish but why not.

My wife says try again on the names. HAHAHA

bencollinz

yea, I wasn't sure if I needed to QT being that they were my first fish but why not.

My wife says try again on the names. HAHAHA

and the royal is a "girl", clown is a "boy".

Archived