ReefCleaners.org

55 Gallon - 2 years old

bencollinz

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking great so far! The canopy needs trim around the top though IMO.

I know I said it was done but it's not complete yet. I have the top to do still. I was just making this happen as soon as I could to get the lights in.

Gosh. What happened

Damn that sucks. Atleast its a ten and won't be hard to replace.

Oh NO! What happened!? omgomgomg

Oh no !!! How did that happen?

I was moving shit around under my tank and lifted up on a pipe that I shouldn't have. Like I said, my fault.

It was only the fuge and not the sump so everything remained running.

I have backup 10 gallons for quarantine, etc. so everything was replaced within 24 hours.

Also, I got my reefcleaners order. Only 3 days late stupid USPS.

On the bright side, John sent me what looks like 1,000 snails when I really only ordered 100. CRAZY!

Awww sweet baby. That kids is all yours lol. Also so happy to see this finally coming together. You've encountered just a few obstacles since starting this build :P Just to warn you, that little boy will leave so many smudgy fingerprints on your fish tank when you have company over. He'll learn how to explain things. Anytime someone comes over to my house the kids go to the tank, kneel down like we do, and point and say "coral, fish!" Then they stick their noses right up against the glass and stare.

Awww sweet baby. That kids is all yours lol. Also so happy to see this finally coming together. You've encountered just a few obstacles since starting this build :P Just to warn you, that little boy will leave so many smudgy fingerprints on your fish tank when you have company over. He'll learn how to explain things. Anytime someone comes over to my house the kids go to the tank, kneel down like we do, and point and say "coral, fish!" Then they stick their noses right up against the glass and stare.

haha. I can't wait till he can talk, yet I can. lol

BattleAthletics

My daughter has my DT full of fingerprints, saying things like "look a meemo"(she cant say nemo). I stopped cleaning the glass a month ago because it never ends. Once I finish my nightmare of time management also being a noob at hard plumbing then ill be happy cleaning it up.

barnacle.

And the things on your rocks are some kind of clam or bivalve. :)

should I be wary of the barnacle? should I remove it?

the shells that are circled in red are just that, shells, nothing inside. they weren't open for the first how many weeks of water. should I be worried?

and where would the barnacle have come from? I just put my CUC in and none of them had that on their shells, that I noticed at least.

Barnacles are good, but probably won't survive long. Nothing to worry about so far. Snails can come with all kinds of hitchhikers. :) Everything is looking good, IMO, especially the baby, :)

Barnacles are good, but probably won't survive long. Nothing to worry about so far. Snails can come with all kinds of hitchhikers. :) Everything is looking good, IMO, especially the baby, :)

thank you!

Archived