ReefCleaners.org

55 Gallon - 2 years old

bencollinz

Congrats on expecting #2! I never do facebook. :)

Why does your plate have sand on it, they hate that. Is something kickup up sand?

lol. we're not friends on FB so that makes sense. haha

the goby drops it on the plate but the plate is gone now. it was happy for 2 days. I even fed it and then it receded, lost it's mouth and goner.

and i'm sick of my overflow. I wish there was a way to drill this tank without tearing it down.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BattleAthletics

lol. we're not friends on FB so that makes sense. haha

the goby drops it on the plate but the plate is gone now. it was happy for 2 days. I even fed it and then it receded, lost it's mouth and goner.

and i'm sick of my overflow. I wish there was a way to drill this tank without tearing it down.

You have a lifereef overflow?

So strange it would die so fast. I've had two plates, both bought in bad shape, and I just place them in the tank and forget them and they live. For something to kick so fast I have to think either contaminant that only bothers some corals or some nefarious activity at night.

You have a lifereef overflow?

yes

So strange it would die so fast. I've had two plates, both bought in bad shape, and I just place them in the tank and forget them and they live. For something to kick so fast I have to think either contaminant that only bothers some corals or some nefarious activity at night.

I've read that some blennys will harass them, maybe that? I had seen my bicolor poking around it, though.

How big are your amphipods?

no clue. sorry

bi-colors are only partially reef safe so that's probably the issue. They are known to eat all kinds of corals, though it's hit or miss.

so daily alk testing averages to 153 over 3 weeks.

a water change raises it to 170 then 3 days later it's back to 156.

1/2 teaspoon of kalk per gallon of topoff the entire time.

ca is always 450 +-

mg is always 1400 +-

ph is always 7.73

any advice or interpretation?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived