Innovative Marine Aquariums

55 Gallon - 2 years old

bencollinz

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you didn't turn your pumps off for picture day :P but hallelujah stuffs lookin good. Keep at it!

You got the boy doin water changes yet? FTS!

Looks like you didn't turn your pumps off for picture day :P but hallelujah stuffs lookin good. Keep at it!

You got the boy doin water changes yet? FTS!

You are correct. Didn't turn anything off. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you remember way way way back when I most of my pipe organ coral in my 40 gallon to aptasia but I saved a sliver of it? Did you see how the beast came back? I just figured I'd post this for closure, since I enjoy hearing about coral growth progress over the years.

FGY3i5.jpg

I had to cut out a huge section and cover the rest with rocks because it was stinging an acro. Did you ever pick up one of these?

so, I ran a line directly outdoors to my skimmer and I'm still only topping out at 7.70 and bottoming at 7.49. Any other suggestions? That plate was happy for a day and is now bleaching.

Do you remember way way way back when I most of my pipe organ coral in my 40 gallon to aptasia but I saved a sliver of it? Did you see how the beast came back? I just figured I'd post this for closure, since I enjoy hearing about coral growth progress over the years.

FGY3i5.jpg

I had to cut out a huge section and cover the rest with rocks because it was stinging an acro. Did you ever pick up one of these?

I had 3 different species at one point. They all perished. The skeletons are still in the tank however.

I'm glad yours came back!

so, I ran a line directly outdoors to my skimmer and I'm still only topping out at 7.70 and bottoming at 7.49. Any other suggestions? That plate was happy for a day and is now bleaching.

I had 3 different species at one point. They all perished. The skeletons are still in the tank however.

I'm glad yours came back!

Bad PH reading. At 7.5 PH everything melts (7.6 actually from what I understand of it). Stick with the fan and the skimmer intake outside and stop measuring PH IMO.

What lights again?

Bad PH reading. At 7.5 PH everything melts (7.6 actually from what I understand of it). Stick with the fan and the skimmer intake outside and stop measuring PH IMO.

What lights again?

LED

1980047_543797520230_1747748106_o.jpg

I upped the % on all LEDs so the PAR is higher now than in this picture.

The PH #s are from calibrated probe with my reef angel and a handheld PH meter http://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-PH-200-Waterproof-Temperature/dp/B00132G102

My RA and HM meter are identical #s to one another.

Is this a newer home? Sorry, I know we've been through this before, but that low a PH indicates a well sealed house and probably indoor air pollution issues.

Is this a newer home? Sorry, I know we've been through this before, but that low a PH indicates a well sealed house and probably indoor air pollution issues.

Built in 50s. Air blows through the door cracks freely.

Went from 7.85 to 8.05 outside with air pump for 30 minutes.

So, I took a container of water with me to the LFS to ask them to test for PH and he stated that they don't do that. I asked why of course and he told me that the moment the water leaves the tank the PH changes. The moment it goes in another container the PH changes and so on. So that may account for the higher numbers when testing outside.

Either way I put 1/2 teaspoon per gallon in my 5 gallon top off. KH has been holding at 140-144 (tested nightly since Thursday, same time of day). I know it's low but at least it's not continuing to fall. And those #s are assuming the hanna isn't wrong.

oh, sorry. forgot to say they aren't at 100%.

50% //RB
95% //WHITE
70% //BLUE&CYAN
70% //UV

So you mentioned in my thread that you run your white LED's higher than the other channels. I would dim them down to 50% for a while, lower than the other channels, and see how the corals respond. In my experience I've never run the white channel higher than 10% LESS than the blue channel.

So you mentioned in my thread that you run your white LED's higher than the other channels. I would dim them down to 50% for a while, lower than the other channels, and see how the corals respond. In my experience I've never run the white channel higher than 10% LESS than the blue channel.

I will make this change at your advice. Thank you.

@jedimasterben (guess you can't tag people on these boards)

my current setup is:

6 cyan, 6 blue, 8 true violet, 12 cool white, 14 royal blue, 10 royal blue (moon) - total but over two heatsinks

5 drivers

50% //RB
95% 50% //WHITE
70% //BLUE&CYAN
70% //UV

50% //moon

I'm going to replace my moons (RB) with limes (and just use RB driver for moons). Should I replace my CW with NW while I'm at it?

Any recommendations for better changes? Total overhaul is fine with me as well.

Thank you.

who knows. I can't seem to keep clams, duncans or fungia or even the "bulletproof" sps alive. But everything else, now, flourishes. I don't get it.

all that stuff was lost after I changed from reef crystals to RSCP. once I switched back the remaining corals did great. but even in RC I can't keep the above alive. I had GFO and carbon reactor running prior to everything coming back. took those offline.

Oh, another one? Congrats!

yea, you must not go on FB much. lol

Archived