ReefCleaners.org

55 Gallon - 2 years old

bencollinz

bencollinz

My fish literally live only on the right 1/3 of my tank. I feel like i should buy more to fill the void...

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fish literally live only on the right 1/3 of my tank. I feel like i should buy more to fill the void...

Must have something to do with flow and cave protection or whatever. Re-arrange the rocks or move the powerhead and see.

FishDooD65

you can definitely keep a dwarf angel or two. I would suggest a small tang as well, only if you plan on rehoming it or getting a larger tank in the future of course. I had two small tangs in my 55 without a problem. I think you could possibly keep a kole or tomini tang without a problem, they are some of the smaller tangs.

bencollinz

you can definitely keep a dwarf angel or two. I would suggest a small tang as well, only if you plan on rehoming it or getting a larger tank in the future of course. I had two small tangs in my 55 without a problem. I think you could possibly keep a kole or tomini tang without a problem, they are some of the smaller tangs.

I'm reading that almost all angels will nip at corals? I will have coral in the future.

thoughts?

jedimasterben

Depends on the individual fish. It's good to go ahead and plan for one eating a certain type of coral and to just stay away from that type (and it may even only be a certain color of that type).

bencollinz

I definitely need something red and/or blue. green? I have white, black, purple/yellow, "pink"/yellow, orange.

FishDooD65

Honestly, i have had 4 dwarf angels (potters, flame, coral beauty, and flameback) in my previous tanks and none nipped at corals. from what i have heard and experienced, if you feed your angels well, they usually tend to not nip at coral. But its usually hit or miss. If you see the fish nipping, remove it and replace it. Some nip and some never nip.

I definitely need something red and/or blue. green? I have white, black, purple/yellow, "pink"/yellow, orange.

cherub and a couple chromis..

and... a flasher wrasse (pair if you can find one)..

bencollinz

cherub and a couple chromis..

and... a flasher wrasse (pair if you can find one)..

any particular type of the flasher wrasses? there are 5 different kinds on LA?

I said flasher.. i meant fairy wrasse.. any of the Cirrhilabrus will be more peaceful. Check out Cirrhilabrus solorensis and the lubbocks.. add them at the same time and you wont have issues.

bencollinz

I said flasher.. i meant fairy wrasse.. any of the Cirrhilabrus will be more peaceful. Check out Cirrhilabrus solorensis and the lubbocks.. add them at the same time and you wont have issues.

I like both of those you mentioned. Hopefully my LFS has at least one.

FishDooD65

I vote small tang (kole or tomini) and two wrasses! you can always rehome the fish when it gets bigger or get a bigger tank!

bencollinz

:slap:

fine, no tang.

I vote small tang (kole or tomini) and two wrasses! you can always rehome the fish when it gets bigger or get a bigger tank!

Tomini or kole eye

I don't like either of those. maybe they look better in real life? I'll see if LFS has either.

Hippo is a great fish but can be tricky at first. Getting them to eat at the beginning is work. I had two of them over the years. The second one I picked up from another reefer and it adjusted much quicker then the one I got from the LFS. If you can, get yourself a used fish, much less work. LOL! ...I vote hippo by the way!

I had a hippo in a 55 back in the day, not a good idea. It grew from 4" to 8" in about 2 years, became very stressed and skittish.

I'd have no problem with any of the zebrasoma genus in a 55 gallon.. yes they will outgrow it eventually but they dont have the swimming habits like a hippo. Get them small and it'll be a few years before you need to get them out.

Archived