Coral Vue Hydros

55 Gallon - 2 years old

bencollinz

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ben, cool hitchhikers. Even after a year, I've still got new things popping up in my tank that I've never seen before. Keep watching for them.

bencollinz

Hey Ben, cool hitchhikers. Even after a year, I've still got new things popping up in my tank that I've never seen before. Keep watching for them.

thank you.

do you know anyone else from the area that is into SW?

No doubt.

unless it's going over my head that she means something else?

six months old

935281_589047966821_1416779992_n.jpg

249024_614973315180720_948323117_n.jpg

thank you.

do you know anyone else from the area that is into SW?

My cousin was keeping a saltwater tank for a while, but she lives in New York. I don't know anybody else keeping a tank in the area. I'd gladly trade some frags with you in the future if you are interested.

bencollinz

So I'm at the LFS, I don't like either of those tangs mentioned. And the wrasses don't look anything like what I'm seeing online. The colors are beyond dull. *sad face* Any other suggestions while I'm here? Otherwise I'll have to order online. The leopard wrasse looks cool but it gets big? Lime green coris wrasse looked cool too, but same thing gets too big. The mimic eibli tang looked nice too.

bencollinz

do anemones have hitchhikers I should worry about? what's your opinion for my first?

and I'm still looking for at most 2 more fish red/blue/green color(s).

I don't know, I thought clovers looked like

four-leaf-clover.jpgFour-Leaf-Clover.jpgfourleafclover66-1024x768.jpg

The first two pics are the same thing he has in his picture. The last pic is something different. And im pretty sure they are holding a fourth leaf on those two in the last pic. Notice how awquard the hands look holding them.

bencollinz

do anemones have hitchhikers I should worry about? what's your opinion for my first?

and I'm still looking for at most 2 more fish red/blue/green color(s).

Fish that don't require more than two feedings daily.
bencollinz

went to put my skimmer in last nite, won't be able to change filter socks if I do. dammit. who can make me a sump?

FishDooD65

a 20 long is perfect for a 55. i even used a 10 gallon tank for a sump since i was crammed with a small space.

bencollinz

40 breeders work nicely as sumps.. as do a 20L..

if you look in my pictures of sump/area, I don't have the room. I had to use 2 - 10 gallons. a 20L just barely didn't fit, otherwise I would've.
bencollinz

bugger.. what's the dims under the stand?

I can accomodate a 10"D X 41"W X 17"H sump

.59 on the phos.. you gotta get that under control mang..

I know. I'm not sure what made it spike. It's been 0 forever and the only change I've made is the filter socks that I have to change out every 2-3 days. any ideas?
BattleAthletics

20130419_162243_zps6dbc9ae0.jpg

This was before plumbing was finished but I also had no room whatsoever other than a 10 gallon.

I feels your feels ben bro.

because because because because becaaaaaaaaaussseeeee the wonderful world of phos.. well the solution is simple.. run GFO. The cause could be a few things. Can leach from your liverock (which i think is debateable). Another cause is feeding. Phosphate is in all foods, so if you've never run GFO and you've been feeding for a few weeks, then that's probably it. Also just test your source water (pretty sure you have an RO/DI).. and then test your make up water. Could also be a craptastic test kit.

bencollinz

because because because because becaaaaaaaaaussseeeee the wonderful world of phos.. well the solution is simple.. run GFO. The cause could be a few things. Can leach from your liverock (which i think is debateable). Another cause is feeding. Phosphate is in all foods, so if you've never run GFO and you've been feeding for a few weeks, then that's probably it. Also just test your source water (pretty sure you have an RO/DI).. and then test your make up water. Could also be a craptastic test kit.

I'm using hanna checker. I have to get more reagent to test the RO and freshly mixed.

Archived