ReefCleaners.org

Maxspect Razor Owners thread

Daveg99

Is anybody using the 160w razor with a center brace? If so, do you still get adequate coverage?

I have two 27" 160w set up over a 72" tank with a center brace. When I had them on the brackets (before hanging them), there seemed to be a dead/dark spot in the middle of the tank which I thought was the center brace shadow. However when I hung them I put them closer together the dead spot has disappeared and the tank is illuminated evenly. So you may not have a problem with the center brace if you get the 160w

2013-03-11_13-08-07_917_zpsab16aef3.jpg

2013-03-11_13-09-06_595_zpsa2e3b194.jpg

• Like 2

Question:

If an AI Sol Blue was running at 70% for blue and royal blue and 20% for white what is the 160w Razor equivalent of that tank mounted?

The Sol Blue was 4 inches off the water. Depth of the tanks are the same, 20 inches.

Exactly how big are the power supplies on the 27" razors? I am working on a stand build and want to be sure I leave enough room in the stand to hide one of these away.

Here are some pics of my new razor and diy hanging kit over the tank. The hanging kit is made of four pieces of scrap 1/2" conduit a couple open beack 90 elbows and some conduit strap clamps that I picked up at the local farm store.standd004_zps1b41eeda.jpgstandd006_zpscae010f1.jpgstar005_zps0abbd92e.jpgstandd007_zpscf781cb6.jpg

this is gorgeous!

Thanks, I see your from quincy im from keokuk

ahh cool. you ever made your way over to Aquarium Obsessions in Bartonville (by peoria)?

also, we have several groups you should join on FB (peoria area reef club, west central illinois reefers, etc..)

And.. there is also a pretty big swap (like 36 vendors I think) going on in Springfield, IL this Sunday if you're interested..

ahh cool. you ever made your way over to Aquarium Obsessions in Bartonville (by peoria)?

also, we have several groups you should join on FB (peoria area reef club, west central illinois reefers, etc..)

And.. there is also a pretty big swap (like 36 vendors I think) going on in Springfield, IL this Sunday if you're interested..

No i have not, Kina busy with work right now I usually hit the girs frag swap in iowa city but it was in des moines this year and I didnt make it. I got some better pics in my build thread in the members aquariums section. Do you got a tank thread here?

No i have not, Kina busy with work right now I usually hit the girs frag swap in iowa city but it was in des moines this year and I didnt make it. I got some better pics in my build thread in the members aquariums section. Do you got a tank thread here?

I have one that I started like a year ago.. haven't updated it since.. one of these days.. lol..

I found a reefer selling of his old Maxspect 110w G2, i was thinking if a single 110w G2 is enough for a 2ft cube or 2x2x1.5ft tank? Mainly Softies LPS and easy SPS.

I got my razor 27" Tuesday, holy crap! It is sick, my corals are so stoked! And I my tank is 48*17*18, its perfect. Thank u for all for this thread.

Congrats! Now that we know you have to post pics :lol:

• Like 1

Heres some pics of my 160 razor over my 36x18x12!!finish001_zps728a69b8.jpgfinish003_zps96f769c5.jpgfinish016_zps77b7b024.jpgfinish018_zps4af5a201.jpg

This light is amazing for the price, glad I went with it!!

Heres some pics of my 160 razor over my 36x18x12!!finish001_zps728a69b8.jpgfinish003_zps96f769c5.jpgfinish016_zps77b7b024.jpgfinish018_zps4af5a201.jpg

This light is amazing for the price, glad I went with it!!

I still need to play with the hieght adjustment from the water surface.

• Like 1

From what I understand this light system is relatively new. It seems so new that this thread is all blabber and nothing about how people's corals are growing. If anyone can come forward and give us their thoughts on their coral growth it would be much appreciated!

I got my razor 27" Tuesday, holy crap! It is sick, my corals are so stoked! And I my tank is 48*17*18, its perfect. Thank u for all for this thread.

A single 27" is enough light for your 48"? Got pics?

For a 85 gallon system, SPS in the center higher area, LPS on the sides.

I want my photo period to be bright in the mornings when I get up for work and still be reasonably bright when I get home. The 9am dip is so I can run a brighter photo period later in the afternoon to evening. Nobody is home at 9am-5pm.

Ideas or suggestions on adjustments? To be honest, I haven't gotten the balance right yet where I was as happy with my Sol Blue running 1:2:2 (w:b:r).

7am

A: 10

B: 25

9am

A: 5

B: 10

11am

A: 30

B: 65

4pm

A: 15

B: 35

7pm

A: 5

B: 15

12am

A: 0

B: 1 or 2

Are the photo periods too long here? I'll be upping the most intense period every week.

What's a good mix to get more of a deep blue light instead of purplish?