Cultivated Reef

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

What did you order? And I'm still waiting on ups and usps this is taking forever

You still dont have the rkl? damn! I got 6 frags. 3 aussie acans: red centers, green ribbon, candy stripe. 3 zoas: Candy apple reds, lord of the rings, tiger face.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thelizardkin
You still dont have the rkl? damn! I got 6 frags. 3 aussie acans: red centers, green ribbon, candy stripe. 3 zoas: Candy apple reds, lord of the rings, tiger face.

Nice I can't wait to see pictures and ups is taking so long

Thelizardkin

That's crazy... Who did you order it from? Ground is only like 5-7 days

it was on ebay but I should of payed attention to the location Brooklyn NY it said it would be delivered last wednesday but it stopped in Illinois than

Do you have any more pics of your filtration system? I have never drilled a tank or had a refugium before and I think this thread just convinced me to upgrade my tank haha

Don't make me drive over their :)

IIX discount got a shipment of bta's some are really nice.
IIX discount got a shipment of bta's some are really nice.

Here are some pics of my frags, the fish, and a few of my system. The "sunset" looks exactly like this one. The clown is happy as ever in his new home, already eating and exploring the tank.

The Sump

IMG_2680.jpg

Overflow

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

This may be a dumb question but why is the intake to your aquaclear in the middle compartment of your sump?

Don't make me drive over their :)

All of them are pretty small, but id say there is about 15 of them. Green, Red, and two cool green morphs.

This may be a dumb question but why is the intake to your aquaclear in the middle compartment of your sump?

Those are some old ones when i first set up the sump. I had the ac50 in there to run my chemipure and my purigen, its out now. Now the center is a fuge and the chemipure and purigen are in the drain chamber. ill post pics in a minute.

Did David say the price?

Listed as $19.99 each, Jen was busy so i didnt ask.

Do you have any more pics of your filtration system? I have never drilled a tank or had a refugium before and I think this thread just convinced me to upgrade my tank haha

Here are some quick ones from my phone. Drain is at the back flows to fuge that also has my heater, then flows to return which also has my ato. Return pump is a rio 900 rated at like 130gph. Fuge light is a jbj macro grow, ato is a tunze osmo nano, heater is an ehiem jager 50w.

IMG_2898_zpsbf19ef1e.jpg

IMG_2899_zpsc57b9020.jpg

IMG_2900_zps49eaab00.jpg

Here are some pics of the frags i got today, the two zoa frags that arent open are the ones im having issues with.

IMG_2887_zps4a9f24d2.jpg

Pissed off but starting to puff up

IMG_2888_zpsfd17978c.jpg

IMG_2895_zps3963ddc6.jpg

These guys opened up but they lost some color in shipping, left is lord of the rings, right is candy apple red.

IMG_2896_zps4b994139.jpg

IMG_2897_zpseb8660ed.jpg

Thelizardkin

Listed as $19.99 each, Jen was busy so i didnt ask.

Here are some quick ones from my phone. Drain is at the back flows to fuge that also has my heater, then flows to return which also has my ato. Return pump is a rio 900 rated at like 130gph. Fuge light is a jbj macro grow, ato is a tunze osmo nano, heater is an ehiem jager 50w.

IMG_2898_zpsbf19ef1e.jpg

IMG_2899_zpsc57b9020.jpg

IMG_2900_zps49eaab00.jpg

your sump is much prettier than mine

Ha ha thanks, aside from the brown film algae that im not going to clean. Its not in the display so i guess it can be in the fuge.

Well you sold me, I hope you don't mind copy cats ;) just bought a mr.Aqua tank. I was tired of not having much room in my AIO 12x12 cube with a 4 inch sump.

Well you sold me, I hope you don't mind copy cats ;) just bought a mr.Aqua tank. I was tired of not having much room in my AIO 12x12 cube with a 4 inch sump.

Copy all you want man haha, only thing i need to do is build a new stand that is wider so i can fit a 10g sump sideways instead of my 5.5g longways. The way i have it makes maintenance a b@@@h. Plus more water volume the better. Hit me up if you have any other questions.

new corals look good I want some acans and don't worry about the zoas they'll open soon

Thanks man, the zoas that arent opening are my old ones, they havent opened in a week, i just dipped them a day ago and took them off the rockwork to give them some space. The acans i got are really nice, after they heal from the fragging and color up a bit they are going to be amazing. The side of the tank they are on will become and acan garden :)

Really? What kind? And how big are they?? lol

Lots of green, a couple red. Some of the greens have white dots all over them so they are a really cool color morph. They are about 1" across, pretty small.

Did you get the 12" cube? Or another size?

• Like 1

Archived