Top Shelf Aquatics

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

Thelizardkin
I've been in so cal tropical when it was just so cal tropical and it was a dry goods store. Not to much on corals. They must of added all that on...Hey tristen.

Ok here is my plan! I wanna do a 7.5 like you. Or go with a 11.4 sumped and next to it I'll have John at advanced acrylics make me a frag tank with a common sump.

Lighting. That's a different story... Idk yet. I'm scared to get the 7.5 and it feel to small :/

I have a 7.5 cube and love it I'm using a closed loop for flow it's the return for my 20g sump as for lighting I'm using a par38 bulb you can get one for $80 and they provide enough light even for clams and sps

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down, actually I'm doing a water change today so after ill need to go get more ro/di from them. I may go to sexy corals today after work too. When are you guys going?

Deleted User 4

Mmmm not sure yet. I might go sometime in the next or 2 weeks. How often do you go? I've only been going recently because of setting my ada up.

Deleted User 4

I go pretty much weekly, it's down the street from my work so I always stop by after.

Ohhh I see. What time usually? I usually go around 11am-4pm...

We gotta figure this out for the next meet haaha.

Got the tunze ATO all set up, and I have to say its pretty nice. It is a watered down version of the normal osmolator but it still works great. I'm sure my tank will thank me for the increased stability :)

• Like 3
Deleted User 4

I usually get off work around 3 so 4ish sounds about right, unless its my day off.

Just got my tunze osmolator nano!

Ohhh perfect then, because I was kinda skeptic on you getting off work so early haha.

Pictures??? :)

You guys are lucky you all live in the same area

No kidding. :)

Thelizardkin
Got the tunze ATO all set up, and I have to say its pretty nice. It is a watered down version of the normal osmolator but it still works great. I'm sure my tank will thank me for the increased stability :)

It should help a lot fluctuating salinity can be a big problem

Deleted User 4

It should help a lot fluctuating salinity can be a big problem

Yupp, good thing I don't deal with corals no more. Got that off my back shoulders.

Thelizardkin

Yupp, good thing I don't deal with corals no more. Got that off my back shoulders.

They're not easy I'll give you that but IMO they're more worth it than fish they give you something to look foreword to with fish you get them and that's it but coral will grow and change for years plus it's more sustainable it's much easier to propagate

Deleted User 4

They're not easy I'll give you that but IMO they're more worth it than fish they give you something to look foreword to with fish you get them and that's it but coral will grow and change for years plus it's more sustainable it's much easier to propagate

And you never know when your whole tank with all your prized corals, crashed. Happened once to me, good thing I sold all my corals before it happens again haha.

I take care of anemones now, easy peasy :) and cheap.

Hey, pictures man :)

Well FedEx came bright and early this morning, and the corals are acclimating. Packaging was too notch and all the corals look good, one if the zoas was even opened up. Pictures will be posted soon.

• Like 2
Thelizardkin
Well FedEx came bright and early this morning, and the corals are acclimating. Packaging was too notch and all the corals look good, one if the zoas was even opened up. Pictures will be posted soon.

What did you order? And I'm still waiting on ups and usps this is taking forever

Archived