Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

I thought he was talking about this one, but not sure: http://www.brightaquatics.com/dimmable-full-spectrum-led-reef-lighting/

Regarding the AI Sol, hate that it's only royal blue and cool white - no green/cyan, red, violet or neutral white... Otherwise it's pretty sweet. :lol:

Oh what, another one! Gonna have to add that to my list of Par38 Full Spectrum "sellers" I'm pretty convinced these are all coming from the same place. The BA one is pretty nice, dimmable Epistar LEDs and Neutral White instead of Cool White for $85 shipped no tax...ahhhh tempting lol

tristanschlueter: Wow that was fast! I thought you meant you were ordering it or something. So can you educate me on all the perks this jewel has to offer?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha, my lfs carries it along with ecotech products. Well the only true downside to the sol is the lack of full spectrum, but it makes it up in controllability and output. The leds blend great, and the ability to have it ramp up throughout the day and back down on a true 24 hour light cycle.

Yeah it is super nice. I still need the controller for it so I can set up the sunrise/sunset and lunar cycles for it. Plus I won't be roasting any more frags haha.

Yeah it is super nice. I still need the controller for it so I can set up the sunrise/sunset and lunar cycles for it. Plus I won't be roasting any more frags haha.

How's the color? and I didn't know you need a controller I have to say though I'm still happy with my par38 and it is dimmable

You don't need the controller, it has a touch screen on the front that allows for specific color intensity dimming. The controller is used to fully automate ramp up and down times throughout the day.

Nice move on the AI Nano! I'm loving mine too! Tank looks great!

Thank you! Definitely worth the money.

Full spectrum sunrise/sunset control Cree fixture using LED Group Buy components.

That sounds really nice I'm intrested to see how it turns out

Got two new frags today, both acans. One is a red center with blue outside w/white stripes and has 6 heads. The other is purple center with green on the outside and has 3 heads. They just finished acclimating and i will post pics once they puff up a bit.

Acans are possibly my favorite coral, and i got them for a pretty good deal so im a happy camper haha. Im almost thinking about having a whole rock with nothing but acans near the bottom.

Man I wish I could get Acans cheap, I'd have a lot more. If I could I'd have a tank full of Acans and Ricordeas lol...an Acan island would be sweet if you've got the space.

Oh wow, ya that's quite cheap 9 heads for $30, I got 3ish for $15 and that was with 20% off. You're also like in the mecca of fish stores though OC/LA, there's only a handful of stores in SD and coral prices are usually through the roof.

Got two new frags today, both acans. One is a red center with blue outside w/white stripes and has 6 heads. The other is purple center with green on the outside and has 3 heads. They just finished acclimating and i will post pics once they puff up a bit.

Sounds awesome I can't wait to see them I defently want some acans for my tank

And if you guys get the chance check out salt critters they have a couple $5 acans

• Like 1

Wow they have some nice Acan WYSIWYG pieces and $5/head for the single polyp ones too. And I especially like that they show Actinic and Daylight shots so you aren't in for any surprises, most places wouldn't go through that trouble.

Wow they really do have some nice pieces. I may have to place a small order with them. I would like to go to vividaquariums, they are about an hour away from me but from what I understand it is really worth it.

Wow they really do have some nice pieces. I may have to place a small order with them. I would like to go to vividaquariums, they are about an hour away from me but from what I understand it is really worth it.

I might too but shipping is $60 which is really pricy

Ya for any kind of online store you'd have to make a big order or a group buy to make it worth it. $60 split like 6 way or even 2 or 3 ways isn't that bad, only adds a little bit per piece if you're getting a few.

Archived