Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
id look into one of these

http://www.sicce.com/prodottiLista_eng.php...dtipo=4/idcat=1

best pumps made imo

Wow those are nice, I may look into them. The overflow quieted down a bit over night.

Did my first water change today, I'll add my Cuc after work. Friday ill be picking up my True perc, then after about a week I'm going to be placing an order with cultivatedreef.com. Super stoked, can't wait to see this thing with some life in it!!

• Like 1
I can't wait ether do you have any idea what you're going to dose with

I'm not too sure, ill be using Red Sea coral pro salt which has elevated levels, depending on what my tank need ill either do b-ionic 2 part, or kalk in my ATO. That won't be until I have sps in the tank though.

So what are your current plans for stocking this thing?

I don't have a set plan yet, and things always change. Ill be doing a true perc, maaayyybbbeee a tailspot Benny if I feel like my system can handle it comfortably, for coral ill have a patch of rics, a selection of acans, few zoa frags. The rest will be sps.

I'm not too sure, ill be using Red Sea coral pro salt which has elevated levels, depending on what my tank need ill either do b-ionic 2 part, or kalk in my ATO. That won't be until I have sps in the tank though.

I don't have a set plan yet, and things always change. Ill be doing a true perc, maaayyybbbeee a tailspot Benny if I feel like my system can handle it comfortably, for coral ill have a patch of rics, a selection of acans, few zoa frags. The rest will be sps.

Thanks and I'm thinking of the same stocking list but with a sun coral under the overhang and maybe a Yellow Sea cucumber and red star fish

Thanks and I'm thinking of the same stocking list but with a sun coral under the overhang and maybe a Yellow Sea cucumber and red star fish

I was at an lfs today and they had a few yellow cucumbers, they look huge.

My first additions to the tank are acclimating as we speak. I got a very small True Percula Clown, he has such vivd colors and i had them feed him before i purchased, he eats like a champ. I also purchased two small frags, a purple monti cap, and what looks like a sunset monti. The colors on the "sunset" are a little washed out but im hoping with better lighting and good params it will color up and be a great addition. I will post pics after they are done acclimating.

Here are some pics of my frags, the fish, and a few of my system. The "sunset" looks exactly like this one. The clown is happy as ever in his new home, already eating and exploring the tank.

The Sump

IMG_2680.jpg

Overflow

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

Tank looks great.

I would go with the blenny, you definitley have room.

Thank you. I'm really thinking I may do that. Ill give the tank some time to stabilize before I add. So far the clown is doing great, no signs of stress whatsoever. The two frags I picked up look great as well.

Nice job with the overflow and return. Your tank looks clean. Have you had any issues with the noise from water gurgling or dumping?

Thank you, actually no. The overflow is dead silent, No gurgling or anything. The loudest thing is my ac50 in the sump running chemipure and purigen haha

Did you use acrylic for the baffles? If so that is not a good idea.. If you used glass then no issue

Baffles are acrylic, is the ac50 what your referring to? Because its hanging off the side of the tank (glass)

I just got a tail spot Blenny and its got to be one of the coolest fish I've had. So much personality and they stay so small.

I would definitely recommend it.

I just got a tail spot Blenny and its got to be one of the coolest fish I've had. So much personality and they stay so small.

I would definitely recommend it.

Really?! Damn I'm jealous, I'm happy to hear you love it so much though. Can you post a pic?

I'll try tomorrow, its lights out right now XD

Anyway, unlike other Blennies Iv'e seen he's out way more. He still perches on rocks but he also swims around and wasn't shy at all when I first added him. I got him for $15 which is pretty good considering Live Aquaria has them for $25.

I'll try tomorrow, its lights out right now XD

Anyway, unlike other Blennies Iv'e seen he's out way more. He still perches on rocks but he also swims around and wasn't shy at all when I first added him. I got him for $15 which is pretty good considering Live Aquaria has them for $25.

Wow thats a great deal, no fish stores near me carry them. I may end up ordering it online but i wanted to get it locally.. Oh well. Great to hear hes doing good!

Wow thats a great deal, no fish stores near me carry them. I may end up ordering it online but i wanted to get it locally.. Oh well. Great to hear hes doing good!

Why don't you see if your lfs can get them for you? It shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Why don't you see if your lfs can get them for you? It shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Here ya go!

Swimming near his clam home.

post-76916-1355060042_thumb.png

Perched on my rocks. (In this pic he has some white blotches on his body, these seem to show up when he's not moving or when he's sleeping.

post-76916-1355060006_thumb.png

In his clam home.

post-76916-1355060251_thumb.png

Also, after watching countless pieces of brine shrimp float by, he finally ate! :D

He is so awesome!! Looks way more active than I thought they were. I am definitely going to place an order for one... Thanks for the pics!

No problem.

And ya he's a pretty active member of my tank. He more or less "lives" in that dead clam but if he's not sitting in it then he's swimming around or perched in the open. Everything I've read says that they're a more active blenny compared to others. UNLESS you have aggressive fish.

So far no one's bothered him so I'm feeling pretty confident about his well-being. I really hope I can keep him long term. He hasn't really bothered anyone either, however he did chase after my Clownfish when they got too close too him. But really he's peaceful. As long as he leaves my sexy shrimp alone we're fine. XD

Another cool thing is he really like to pick off the rocks, I have no idea what he's been eating but he enjoys it.

Thanks for the input man, I figure the blenny should be fine with my small perc. So far the clown hasn't claimed any territory but I'm sure that will change with the addition of the blenny haha. My scape offers tons of holes and caves to hide in so I'm thinking it will be one happy family. I will be sure to post pics when I get mine, should be a week more or less. Trying to take is slow with this tank and do it

Archived