Coral Vue Hydros

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

Are you glad you went with the sump instead of the ac50 setup? I'm still on the fence for my 10g under construction

I have a AC70 on my 10 gallon (see my sig). I'm wish I had gone with an AC110 at least. I'm upgrading the 10G to a 20L and have replaced it with a 10G sump. I'm almost wishing I'd gone with a second 20L for a sump. I don't think a sump can be too big. It's amazing how quickly you can use up that space and how small it can look compared to a AC70 much less a AC50. I'd absolutely go with a sump.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a AC70 on my 10 gallon (see my sig). I'm wish I had gone with an AC110 at least. I'm upgrading the 10G to a 20L and have replaced it with a 10G sump. I'm almost wishing I'd gone with a second 20L for a sump. I don't think a sump can be too big. It's amazing how quickly you can use up that space and how small it can look compared to a AC70 much less a AC50. I'd absolutely go with a sump.

I'm using a tiny 5.5 for my sump, and I've definitely used up all the space haha

Exactly. I haven't even finished plumbing my 10G sump and I want more space!

I surprisingly have quite a bit of space in my 10g sump with a filter sock, 2 protein skimmers, a heater and a makeshift refugium

Any updates?

Nothing really new to report. I will be placing an order with cultivatedreef pretty soon here. Plans are Ora red planet, Ora birdsnest, rainbow acan, red acan, maybe a zoa polyp or two.

Here are some quick pics. Taken with iphone 5 so not the best in the world.

Phosphate Free :)

IMG_2729_zps17b80b20.jpg

IMG_2740_zps0ce5a222.jpg

Every time im near the tank Pete decides that he is the most important

IMG_2744_zps64c53aac.jpg

IMG_4890-1_zps6e124462.jpg

Nothing really new to report. I will be placing an order with cultivatedreef pretty soon here. Plans are Ora red planet, Ora birdsnest, rainbow acan, red acan, maybe a zoa polyp or two.

Nice can't wait but I wouldn't get a birdsnest unless it's a ponape they grow very fast and would take over a tank this size in a few months

Here are some quick pics. Taken with iphone 5 so not the best in the world.

Phosphate Free :)

IMG_2729_zps17b80b20.jpg

IMG_2740_zps0ce5a222.jpg

Every time im near the tank Pete decides that he is the most important

IMG_2744_zps64c53aac.jpg

IMG_4890-1_zps6e124462.jpg

Nice I love the zoanthids I've had one of mine for over a week and it still won't open

Nice can't wait but I wouldn't get a birdsnest unless it's a ponape they grow very fast and would take over a tank this size in a few months

Really? Hmm good to know thanks for the heads up. I was also looking at the Ora "Joe the coral"

Nice I love the zoanthids I've had one of mine for over a week and it still won't open

The two smaller frags took about a day to open, the larger one took 20min haha.

Really? Hmm good to know thanks for the heads up. I was also looking at the Ora "Joe the coral"

The two smaller frags took about a day to open, the larger one took 20min haha.

Ora joe looks awesome btw the corals you should stay away from if you don't want them to grow super fast are montipora digita, monti caps, birdsnest, and green slimers and all my other zoas took less than a day to open it's just this one

Ora joe looks awesome btw the corals you should stay away from if you don't want them to grow super fast are montipora digita, monti caps, birdsnest, and green slimers and all my other zoas took less than a day to open it's just this one

Thats weird that it would take that long. And i have a monti cap already, i would love for it to take over the spot ive given it, it has its own corner that has nothing under it so it can grow all it wants.

Just found out that my lfs gets an sps shipment tomorrow. I'm gunna stop by after work, hopefully grab a few pieces.
Post pics of what you get! I have an edge I revamped in november witch the tank is over three years old. Using red sea coral prosalt will do the trick of dosing?Im going sps to and just seeing what i can do with out dosing
Post pics of what you get! I have an edge I revamped in november witch the tank is over three years old. Using red sea coral prosalt will do the trick of dosing?Im going sps to and just seeing what i can do with out dosing

For sure I will and good job on keeping an edge that long. It really depends on the tank, and how heavily stocked you are with sps. Coral pro has elevated levels of cal alk and mag so with some small tanks water changes are all that's necessary, but you really have to test quite a bit to find out. If I do end up needing to dose I'm looking at using b-ionic 2 part, I have heard nothing but good things about it.

I am thinking about about adding a maxima clam down the road so I know at that point ill probably need to dose, or at least that's what I'm thinking.

Went to my lfs today and picked up a really nice frag. It is a jedi mind trick monti and the coloration of it is phenomenal, the best part is that i got it for $15. Within minutes of being in my tank i was already getting great polyp extension. Here is a pic i took of it while its not the best in the world nor does it do it justice i thought it came out ok. The colors looks all washed out but to the eye the green and purple is extremely vivid.

IMG_5213_zps8622f801.jpg

Went to my lfs today and picked up a really nice frag. It is a jedi mind trick monti and the coloration of it is phenomenal, the best part is that i got it for $15. Within minutes of being in my tank i was already getting great polyp extension. Here is a pic i took of it while its not the best in the world nor does it do it justice i thought it came out ok. The colors looks all washed out but to the eye the green and purple is extremely vivid.

-snip-

Looks great!

Your tank looks awesome and your scape is near perfection for a cube :)

Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with how it came out as well, I know it will only get better as it fills in with coral.

Looks great!

Thank you

Wow nice addition! He's still in the acclimating I see haha. I'm about ready to get my tailspot haha

That's an older pic, but he's probably one of my favorite gobies. Definitley adds character. He can squeeze himself into the smallest holes at night.

Now I just need a fire fish and a neon goby.

That's an older pic, but he's probably one of my favorite gobies. Definitley adds character. He can squeeze himself into the smallest holes at night.

Now I just need a fire fish and a neon goby.

I love the cort jester goby man

IMG_5213_zps8622f801.jpg

Nice monti I love Jedi mind tricks I might get one for my tank it's between an apple berry Jedi mind trick or chili pepper monti

Archived