Top Shelf Aquatics

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

I got my Ai "new" controller today. Now I can actually take advantage of this things capabilities. For the moment I have it on easy mode with sunrise at 10am and sunset at 8pm with a 2hr ramp time. Whites~11% blue~30% rblue~30%. I am going to sit down and create a full schedule for it when I have a bit more time. Also this thing has coral acclimation mode that allows you to automate the light acclimation over any period of time, so cool.

• Like 1
  • Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Water params at the moment are the following:

Temp-79*

Salinity-1.025

Nitrate-5ish

Phosphate-0.00

Mag-1120

Ca-320

Alk-10.6

that sounds good but your mag abd ca seem kinda low when was your last wc?

I got my Ai "new" controller today. Now I can actually take advantage of this things capabilities. For the moment I have it on easy mode with sunrise at 10am and sunset at 8pm with a 2hr ramp time. Whites~11% blue~30% rblue~30%. I am going to sit down and create a full schedule for it when I have a bit more time. Also this thing has coral acclimation mode that allows you to automate the light acclimation over any period of time, so cool.

nice how's the color compared to the par38?

I think the mag and calcium are low because I'm still switching to the Red Sea coral pro. The tank was started with lfs water so this is only the second water change with the new salt. I love my ai, it doesn't have the same spectrum as the par 38 but it more than makes it up with controlability.

I think the mag and calcium are low because I'm still switching to the Red Sea coral pro. The tank was started with lfs water so this is only the second water change with the new salt. I love my ai, it doesn't have the same spectrum as the par 38 but it more than makes it up with controlability.

That must be it and I know the ai sol isn't full spectrum but how do the corals look under it vs the par38

They look great! Everything pops but doesn't look too unnatural. It's a little lower than 20k I would say so it's not set to be too blue.

You should post pics of the tank and the new acans btw happy new year

I've been meaning to but I've been so busy lately with work I haven't had time to do it. Thank you, happy new year to you too!

My New Years resolution is to buy more coral haha.

Nice tank man. Glad you went with the ai nano sol and the new controller :)

Me too man, and thank you!

Today i placed an order for the Tunze Osmolator Nano, seems like a watered down version of the osmolator so it has just the float switch the pump and the controller. I figured i get about a cup or two of evap for the whole day so the "smaller" version will be more than sufficient.

I really need to put up some pictures... Hopefully i can steal the camera tomorrow and update this thread. Today i picked up a red coco worm, really pretty and already fully extended. I also placed an order with cultivatedreef finally, i snagged 3 types of aussie acans, candy stripe, green ribbon, and red centers. Also 3 types of zoas, candy apple reds, tiger faces, and lord of the rings. I asked for a tuesday or thursday delivery so ill be waiting impatiently :) also im expecting my tunze ato around the same time. I will update with pics as soon as my girlfriend releases her death grip on the camera..

• Like 1

Looking forward to it! :)

Thanks, me too! I've been taking this tank super slow recently so I only have 4 frags in it, it will be nice to start filling it in.

Thelizardkin

Thanks, me too! I've been taking this tank super slow recently so I only have 4 frags in it, it will be nice to start filling it in.

I can't wait to see the new coral and I know the feeling I've been taking my tank pretty slowly as well

Thelizardkin
Did you sort out your heater problems?

Kinda it's still low but the temp seems to be between 73-77 but I still don't have the rkl so I hope that brings it up to 80

How's the tank doing?

Tanks doing good, thanks for checkin in. I posted a new topic in general but basically im having issues with my zoas, they dont want to open up and i cant figure out why. Other than that everything looks great, i cant wait to get my cultivatedreef order...it gets here tuesday :)

Thelizardkin
Tanks doing good, thanks for checkin in. I posted a new topic in general but basically im having issues with my zoas, they dont want to open up and i cant figure out why. Other than that everything looks great, i cant wait to get my cultivatedreef order...it gets here tuesday :)

Check for any pests I found my amphipods which I encouraged were eating them and ate several off the rock so I added a wrasse and dipped in coral rx the coral rx will take care of any other pests flat worms nudibranches spiders est your crabs could also be irritating them

I don't think I would ever raise your AI Nano %'s past what you have them at...ever. I went up to 50% MAX on the RB over my Elos Mini and I was bleaching coral....lol. The optics are insane. The warm white version = sex.

I think you might be right, i went and played with the light settings a bit right now and brought it down to 11%w 15%rb 15%b and honestly i love the color way more than how i had it, it looks much more natural.

Lets see if the zoas open up at all now with the lower light.

Took a few pics while i wait for the dslr, these are just with my iPhone 5.

Always hungry

IMG_2815_zpse6465e9b.jpg

IMG_2816_zpsffd51185.jpg

My new coco worm

IMG_2817_zps59a3142b.jpg

Excuse the color banding, my phone really brings it out. This is with my new lighting levels.

IMG_2818_zpsb91009ab.jpg

IMG_2819_zps56ca63cb.jpg

Pete, he never stays still for his closeup.

IMG_2824_zps680de44c.jpg

• Like 1
Thelizardkin

It looks good and I understand the spotlight effect it's really bad with my phone even though it looks fine in real life

Deleted User 4

Hmmm. I noticed you live in Whittier, ca. So, I'm totally assuming you bought the coco worm, zoas and the true percular clown from Discount Tropical Fish store? Hmmm

Archived