Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are your new coral?

Everything looks great, ill be moving them a little closer to The light this afternoon, I'm already getting pretty decent polyp extension. The sunset needs to color up a bit but I know it will.

The tank is looking good How long has it been wet? Also your sump looks so much better than mine

Haha thanks dude, the tank was filled nov 21 and I have been dosing seachem stability since like day 4. I need more Cuc I just didn't think it would be worth it to order from reefcleaners for such a small tank but I can't seem to find good snails anywhere around me

Haha thanks dude, the tank was filled nov 21 and I have been dosing seachem stability since like day 4. I need more Cuc I just didn't think it would be worth it to order from reefcleaners for such a small tank but I can't seem to find good snails anywhere around me

Ok so only a few days after mine and if you're looking for a cuc get a conch they're awesome and alage eating machines

Been testing out my girlfriends dslr, definitely need to figure out a way to take pics of this tank. Here is a quick one i thought was pretty cool.

IMG_4774.jpg

Thanks!

Started a fuge today, right now it just has a piece of lr (tons of pods) and a ball of chaeto. I also picked up a small conch, not sure what kind though. He has a smooth shell with a spiral at the back, brown with black stripes kinda. The foot is brownish with a black line along the outside. Anyway i have his to keep my sandbed stirred and algae free :)

Thanks!

Started a fuge today, right now it just has a piece of lr (tons of pods) and a ball of chaeto. I also picked up a small conch, not sure what kind though. He has a smooth shell with a spiral at the back, brown with black stripes kinda. The foot is brownish with a black line along the outside. Anyway i have his to keep my sandbed stirred and algae free :)

Good idea, that's my fear is my sand bed calcifying over. I've that people have to disassemble their entire tank just cause their sand bed hardened.

Glad to hear the fuge is up an running, you won't regret it. It really allows for a much bigger bioload. Got any pics of it?

Good idea, that's my fear is my sand bed calcifying over. I've that people have to disassemble their entire tank just cause their sand bed hardened.

Glad to hear the fuge is up an running, you won't regret it. It really allows for a much bigger bioload. Got any pics of it?

Yeah, also who doesn't want a clean sandbed haha. Ill take pics of it tonight, it's really nothing special. It's bare bottom so I can vacuum up anything that accumulated at the bottom.

Yes actually there are three new frags in the tank, and all of them are zoas. Yesterday two of them weren't opened up yet so i didn't take any pictures. Thanks for noticing :)

I am also making the switch to red sea coral pro salt, yesterday was water change number one with about a 25% change. I also tested the PO4 with my hanna checker and got a reading of 0.00, so this is good news. Ive also decided that i need more mechanical filtration, so i am going to put in a filter sock today.

Here is a pic of the larger zoa colony i picked up for $10, after the lugols dip they opened up within 20 min of being in the tank. The picture is crap, and photobucket made it even more unclear. In person they have a dark green center, bright green "ring" around, and deep red skirts. They are very pretty.

IMG_4890.jpg

The other two small frags trying to open up.

IMG_4888.jpg

And here is Pete

IMG_4904.jpg

Are you glad you went with the sump instead of the ac50 setup? I'm still on the fence for my 10g under construction

Honestly the ac50 does its job very well, and it's extremely versatile. The reason I like my sump is because I now have all my equipment out of the dt, it almost doubled my water volume, my overflow box skims the surface, I have a bigger fuge, and I can put a skimmer in if I want. The ac50 is a great choice though, and you can turn it into a mini fuge if you are so inclined. It all comes down to how simple you want the tank to be.

The zoanthids look good you should get pics of the other 2 once they open up btw how are the montis doing?

I will try and get some better pics, the montis are doing great. The purple cap looks amazing and im sure will grow fairly quickly. The sunset doesnt look as happy as the purple but is still coloring up nicely.

I will try and get some better pics, the montis are doing great. The purple cap looks amazing and im sure will grow fairly quickly. The sunset doesnt look as happy as the purple but is still coloring up nicely.

I'm glad I hope everything makes it and there are no crashes or anything to be safe I'd wait before adding anything else to see how everything reacts I'm probably not adding anything till after Christmas

I'm glad I hope everything makes it and there are no crashes or anything to be safe I'd wait before adding anything else to see how everything reacts I'm probably not adding anything till after Christmas

Thanks man, when i got the sunset it didnt look all that happy so i think its probably recovering in my tank.

Thanks man, when i got the sunset it didnt look all that happy so i think its probably recovering in my tank.

Keep us updated on how it does

Archived